Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

I don't recognise the style at all. Not only is it impossible to authenticate, but there's a good chance it isn't genuine.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND buying that bag.

ETA - I have a vague recollection of someone asking about a similar bag with an Italy creed somewhere, maybe even at the Fashion board at Ebay. IIRC, one or two authenticators felt it wasn't genuine while "someone else" kept insisting that it was. I don't think the matter was ever decided, and as happens so often, "someone" may have thrown a hissy fit and the thread might even have been removed. I'll have to see if it's still there when I have some spare time.
Based on the comment, it sounds like "someone" was also referring to a post on TPF.

ETA: I have several fake Italy creeds in my records, each different from every other!

Last edited:
Good morning ladies . If you could please take a look at this Murphy bag . Thank you so much! https://depop.app.link/vdFRyrXJMbb
Seller siesssss
Depop.
The bag shown looks fine but IMO, Depop is a lot like Poshmark in that sellers don't have to worry about the consequences of listing fakes so many sellers mix. (In fact, siesssss has a fake Kate Spade bag.)

Caveat emptor on Depop.

The bag shown looks fine but IMO, Depop is a lot like Poshmark in that sellers don't have to worry about the consequences of listing fakes so many sellers mix. (In fact, siesssss has a fake Kate Spade bag.)

Caveat emptor on Depop.
Thank you for the info. I have never purchased anything from that site . I will definitely be careful should I decide to buy anything ! Authentic before for sure !! Thank you so much !

Reactions: Jacynthe
Hi, Can you please check the authenticity and name of this one, please? Not sure if it's a Dinky tote.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 127242385_829483104482082_8556229686950782010_n.jpg
    127242385_829483104482082_8556229686950782010_n.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 128401496_377136603389987_7330851162144624755_n.jpg
    128401496_377136603389987_7330851162144624755_n.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 11
  • 127890356_311310436641210_807884784951062622_n.jpg
    127890356_311310436641210_807884784951062622_n.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 12
  • 128395409_1761211634052782_647000537244209463_n.jpg
    128395409_1761211634052782_647000537244209463_n.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 11
ETA - I have a vague recollection of someone asking about a similar bag with an Italy creed somewhere, maybe even at the Fashion board at Ebay. IIRC, one or two authenticators felt it wasn't genuine while "someone else" kept insisting that it was. I don't think the matter was ever decided, and as happens so often, "someone" may have thrown a hissy fit and the thread might even have been removed. I'll have to see if it's still there when I have some spare time.
Based on the comment, it sounds like "someone" was also referring to a post on TPF.

ETA: I have several fake Italy creeds in my records, each different from every other!
And here's the discussion here, in which I quoted the original authentication request as well as @Hyacinth's comment:

Reactions: LadaZuri
Please authenticate these coach bags. I purchased 2 Vintage Coach Dinky bags. They were both made in NYC.
Hi, Can you please check the authenticity and name of this one, please? Not sure if it's a Dinky tote.

Thanks!
Our rules require that you tell us where you got your items. If it was online, we need a link to the listing and the name of the seller.

Reactions: LadaZuri
Hello all! I’m new to the forum, but I’ve long been admiring vintage coach bags. After embarking on my first successful rehab (Whoo hoo!), I’m looking to start dabbling in collecting and rehabbing more seriously.

I love the shape of the Willis bag, and I’d like that to be the next bag I add to my small collection. Would any of you be willing to take a look at these bags and tell me if they’re legit? And maybe more importantly, if they’re not legit, can you help me understand why so that I can know what to look for in the future? Thank you in advance!

Name: COACH WILLIS 9927 BLACK LEATHER CROSSBODY BAG TOP HANDLE TURNLOCK MESSENGER
Seller: Prettypennylv
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/COACH-WILL...-/233794415700?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Name: Vintage coach Willis crossbody leather purse
Seller: alexiwood wood
Link: https://posh.mk/TrG7T2VUMbb

Name: Coach Vintage 90s Wills Crossbody Bag
Seller: tpzwholesaler
Link: https://posh.mk/5MEvz1cVMbb

Hello all! I’m new to the forum, but I’ve long been admiring vintage coach bags. After embarking on my first successful rehab (Whoo hoo!), I’m looking to start dabbling in collecting and rehabbing more seriously.

I love the shape of the Willis bag, and I’d like that to be the next bag I add to my small collection. Would any of you be willing to take a look at these bags and tell me if they’re legit? And maybe more importantly, if they’re not legit, can you help me understand why so that I can know what to look for in the future? Thank you in advance!

Name: COACH WILLIS 9927 BLACK LEATHER CROSSBODY BAG TOP HANDLE TURNLOCK MESSENGER
Seller: Prettypennylv
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/COACH-WILL...-/233794415700?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

Name: Vintage coach Willis crossbody leather purse
Seller: alexiwood wood
Link: https://posh.mk/TrG7T2VUMbb

Name: Coach Vintage 90s Wills Crossbody Bag
Seller: tpzwholesaler
Link: https://posh.mk/5MEvz1cVMbb
The first 2 are authentic.

#3 from tpzwholesaler on Poshmark is fake as is this one from the same seller:
and

And in fact, tpzwholesaler on Poshmark is also known as evanmcgavin on ebay and all 3 of those fakes were reported and removed from ebay in the past few days.

And here's the discussion here, in which I quoted the original authentication request as well as @Hyacinth's comment:

BB, I COULD KISS YOU !!!!!

Thank you for finding that, at least I know I'm not going crazy!

The one in the post we discussed here on October 23
is the same bag as the one asked about at Ebay on the same day but not the same as the hobo-style bag from yesterday's post. Even the creeds are different.

BUT - take a CLOSE look with your Elf Eyes and tell me what you see when you look at the Coach stamp on the outside of each one...

Oct 23, 2020 fake posted here and at Ebay that "someone" insisted was genuine:
unk_poss-FAKE-ITALY-TOTE-ebay-10-23-2020-DALE-moniquebest-at-PM-e2.jpg
unk_poss-FAKE-ITALY-TOTE-ebay-10-23-2020-DALE-b.jpg

and the hobo-style asked about yesterday
unk_poss FAKE-ITALY-no serial number-lg hobo style-NEW_VORK-c1.jpg

unk_poss FAKE-ITALY-no serial number-lg hobo style-a.jpg

Now add some musical background in your mind. How about some classic Sinatra, his great hit "New Vork, New Vork"?

FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKE !!!!

Last edited:
BB, I COULD KISS YOU !!!!!

Thank you for finding that, at least I know I'm not going crazy!

The one in the post we discussed here on October 23
is the same bag as the one asked about at Ebay on the same day but not the same as the hobo-style bag from yesterday's post. Even the creeds are different.

BUT - take a CLOSE look with your Elf Eyes and tell me what you see when you look at the Coach stamp on the outside of each one...

Oct 23, 2020 fake posted here and at Ebay that "someone" insisted was genuine:
View attachment 4916557
View attachment 4916558

and the hobo-style asked about yesterday
View attachment 4916559

View attachment 4916560

Now add some musical background in your mind. How about some classic Sinatra, his great hit "New Vork, New Vork"?

FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKE !!!!
Nope, you aren't going crazy.

There are certain discussions (read: arguments or debates) that stick in one's memory. And for me anyway, I also recall certain key words that help in the search!

Nope, you aren't going crazy.

There are certain discussions (read: arguments or debates) that stick in one's memory. And for me anyway, I also recall certain key words that help in the search!

Ya Done Good, BB!

I briefly thought of rubbing "someone's" nose in it but decided to be more civilised than he usually is. But I reserve the right to change my mind. Now we can add "New Vork" to those keywords if we need to find this discussion again. :giggle:

Again. many thanks. I've been on a soup-making binge all day so haven't had a chance to check in. Hope you had a lovely holiday.