Coach goes to the movies....

I was looking at some set pictures from The Many Saints of Newark (aka The Sopranos prequel) and noticed a couple shots of young Carmella with what looks like a Devon bag? (Maybe? I'm not overly familiar with this style, but it might be a smaller one.) This would be set in the mid to late 70s. Sadly it won't be out for another year!

Attachments

• Devon 1.PNG
    Devon 1.PNG
    820.1 KB · Views: 151
  • Devon 2.PNG
    Devon 2.PNG
    1,020.2 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
I was looking at some set pictures from The Many Saints of Newark (aka The Sopranos prequel) and noticed a couple shots of young Carmella with what looks like a Devon bag? (Maybe? I'm not overly familiar with this style, but it might be a smaller one.) This would be set in the mid to late 70s. Sadly it won't be out for another year!
Good catch. At first glance, the little bit of contrast on the edges gives me a feel like a peebled leather bag from the Sheridan line. But I can enlarge the pic a little, and maybe no, not so much.

Another recent spotting on This is Us: early 90 era Rebecca Pearson. Looks like a Hippie Flap?

View attachment 4728253

In the same episode in a scene that takes place in 1998 she has a Willis
View attachment 4728266

I've also spotted college age Beth with a Scooter bag. There is an extra with a City Bag in the second shot, so I'm guessing the costume designer is a fan of vintage Coach!
View attachment 4728270 View attachment 4728271
Wow, that stylist loves Coach!!! If that was all one episode, that was a Coach-a-thon.

If it's set in the 70s (and no guys I know would have been caught DEAD in those striped flares in any decade BUT the 70s) the Devon Bag must be a time traveler, it wasn't introduced until 1992.

Good catch. At first glance, the little bit of contrast on the edges gives me a feel like a peebled leather bag from the Sheridan line. But I can enlarge the pic a little, and maybe no, not so much.

Wow, that stylist loves Coach!!! If that was all one episode, that was a Coach-a-thon.

The two with Mandy Moore were from the same episode! Both flashbacks. I like that she has a similar hat. The shots of the Scooter bag were from a different episode, but the same bag reappeared in a couple later episodes.

Hm. Maybe Hycanth is right and the bag is a traveler. ;) I tried to find a clearer picture though it's hard to tell since she's in the background. You can see the bag from a different angle in the second picture where it looks like she fell just in time for the photographer to get it. I am not sure of the actress' name since they're being coy about who is playing who but she really is a dead ringer for Edie Falco - perfect since that's James Gandolfini's son Micheal as young Tony.

ms2.PNG MS 1.PNG

Reactions: Lake Effect
Reactions: keishapie1973
I have been watching Homeland lately, and have seen Carrie wearing a couple of Coach bags. First season or two it was a black Kristin crossbody. Very recognizable from the large silver closure. Season 6 and 7 is a larger black crossbody with a flap- not sure which Coach this is. I don't have screen shots yet. Its fun to watch all sorts of TV shows and try to ID the handbags. Watch Succession on HBO and look for the Birkins etc. I also pay close attention to the jewelry. Sort of like a treasure hunt!

Sorty if this one’s already been posted but last night my View attachment 4915225View attachment 4915242son was watching, “Back to the Future” on Netflix for the first time and I spotted Coach! It’s at the end of the movie when Marty comes back and his parents are just getting home. Lorraine is carrying a Basic Bag!
NEVERMIND! I saw that someone spotted this earlier in the year. I thought it seemed familiar!

Reactions: PandasMom
I think that the briefcase that Harrison Ford gives to Melanie Griffith in Working Girl is the Coach Diplomat Attaché with Combination Lock in British Tan, style number 5353 but I don't see a hangtag on her bag in the movie so it might just be a copycat.

Here is a photo of the actual bag and a couple of screenshots from the movie.
This is actually Mark Cross. The gift box Jack (Harrison Ford) hands Tess (Melanie Griffith) has the MC logo on it.