Dreams do come true. PSA THE ALEXA IS BACK!

I’ll be honest, I was hesitant to handle it much given COVID (although I was assured everything is sanitised after someone touches it). I don’t feel like it was too stiff at all for me, but I guess that’s a relative term?

I believe the one I saw was indeed unlined as per the photos on .com, I was put off by the starkness of the pocket against the (lack of) lining. It looked unfinished to me.

Reactions: rockdiva
I’ll be honest, I was hesitant to handle it much given COVID (although I was assured everything is sanitised after someone touches it). I don’t feel like it was too stiff at all for me, but I guess that’s a relative term?

I believe the one I saw was indeed unlined as per the photos on .com, I was put off by the starkness of the pocket against the (lack of) lining. It looked unfinished to me.

Thank you for answering! It totally makes sense not wanting to touch anything; I know I'm the same way! Glad the heavy grain is not too stiff; I didn't like how some of Coca's grained leathers look/feel.

Thank you for answering! It totally makes sense not wanting to touch anything; I know I'm the same way! Glad the heavy grain is not too stiff; I didn't like how some of Coca's grained leathers look/feel.

I too prefer natural grain over printed grain. I went to the description section and the alexas should be in natural grain so technically it is supposed to be softer. I mean I would hope so. My red hampstead is made of 'classic grain' (printed), not the softest but feels sturdy.I was fine with it because I got it from the sale.

Reactions: lovingmybags
I too prefer natural grain over printed grain. I went to the description section and the alexas should be in natural grain so technically it is supposed to be softer. I mean I would hope so. My red hampstead is made of 'classic grain' (printed), not the softest but feels sturdy.I was fine with it because I got it from the sale.

Fingers crossed that the leather will be natural grain! The heritage bayswater has the same description, so I'm hoping it's safe too. I've sold three bags from my collection that I didn't find as practical, so more space for new additions! :biggrin:

Reactions: Greenredapple
Fingers crossed that the leather will be natural grain! The heritage bayswater has the same description, so I'm hoping it's safe too. I've sold three bags from my collection that I didn't find as practical, so more space for new additions! :biggrin:
The leather on the new Alexa models is currently the heavy grain leather (UK website). I have a Darley shoulder bag in this leather and it's absolutely lovely - soft and spongy and scratch/knock resistant, very tactile and robust. Fabulous and a very good choice for Mulberry to use with this type of bag. I cannot see the small classic grain leather working with the Alexa as it's not really slouchy or soft enough, a glossy goat leather might work. I'm sure Mulberry will introduce other types of leathers in the new Alexa probably in 2021 which is the 50th anniversary of the company. It may have some other surprises in store with other models brought out of retirement. I'd love them to bring back the small Del Rey even temporarily as that's a beauty of a bag.

The leather on the new Alexa models is currently the heavy grain leather (UK website). I have a Darley shoulder bag in this leather and it's absolutely lovely - soft and spongy and scratch/knock resistant, very tactile and robust. Fabulous and a very good choice for Mulberry to use with this type of bag. I cannot see the small classic grain leather working with the Alexa as it's not really slouchy or soft enough, a glossy goat leather might work. I'm sure Mulberry will introduce other types of leathers in the new Alexa probably in 2021 which is the 50th anniversary of the company. It may have some other surprises in store with other models brought out of retirement. I'd love them to bring back the small Del Rey even temporarily as that's a beauty of a bag.

Thank you for your input! Soft and glossy is exactly what I'm banking on! Time to squirrel away some change and start saving! :lol:

my two favourite Mulberry models of all time are Alexa and Small Del Rey! I have the three Alexa sizes in oak soft buffalo, and the SDR in oxblood silky nappa - my absolute favourite bag.

I love love love the unlined interior!

I'm okay with the leather too and I'm definitely getting a mini next year - I really want the black (it doesn't have the tree though??) and the chestnut, but I already have the vintage mini in oak soft buffalo which is too close to chestnut to get both ... unless I sell the vintage? At this price point, to be honest, I'm going to hold out for more colours.

There's no tree on the chalk one online but when I received it, the tree was there.. the black one will probably have the tree :smile:

my two favourite Mulberry models of all time are Alexa and Small Del Rey! I have the three Alexa sizes in oak soft buffalo, and the SDR in oxblood silky nappa - my absolute favourite bag.
Wow, you're so lucky, I would love a SDR in the oxblood silky nappa! I keep scanning preloved sites in the hope that one day one appears that I can buy and treasure.

Reactions: rockdiva
Good to see Lexie's!!!!
I know! I think we have consumer-power to thank for the return of this bag. Mulberry's CEO said that following the launch of the Mulberry Exchange earlier this year, the most requested bag was the Alexa so they decided to relaunch it to coincide with the 50th anniversary. Hopefully it's not a limited run and becomes part of their permanent collection. I note that at the moment the bag is only available on the Mulberry site.

Hopefully it's not a limited run and becomes part of their permanent collection. I note that at the moment the bag is only available on the Mulberry site.

Fingers crossed that Alexa will be added into Mulberry's permanent collection. It's a classic at this point. It combines the classic aesthetic of a old satchel bag with a casual slouchiness. I never knew I liked slouchy bags until I saw mulberry's alexas and Proenza schouler ps1 bags.

I’ve not posted on here for ages!

I was tempted back to Mulberry by the talk of the Alexa and I ordered the Limited Edition Gunmetal one when it came out on Monday and also an outlet black one

I was hugely disappointed by the LE one!

It‘s not gunmetal really - more a shiny black and it looks and feels really plasticy

I was also really disappointed in the hardware - it’s noticeably less chunky on the newer one and just feels ‘cheaper’ - which it certainly isn’t!

Suffice to say I’m keeping the outlet one - especially as it’s £550 cheaper!

Attachments

• E987DE0E-640F-4F62-8D3D-6285C0C8540C.jpeg
    E987DE0E-640F-4F62-8D3D-6285C0C8540C.jpeg
    412.6 KB · Views: 221
  • 9C9D4E9F-0839-43D6-AF3B-4252D3E12718.jpeg
    9C9D4E9F-0839-43D6-AF3B-4252D3E12718.jpeg
    422.8 KB · Views: 216
  • 1BD721C7-FEDE-4E6E-BB0B-2407D21510E3.jpeg
    1BD721C7-FEDE-4E6E-BB0B-2407D21510E3.jpeg
    373.5 KB · Views: 188
  • 6D761846-A923-484E-A232-417F0FE88F1A.jpeg
    6D761846-A923-484E-A232-417F0FE88F1A.jpeg
    297.9 KB · Views: 186
I’ve not posted on here for ages!

I was tempted back to Mulberry by the talk of the Alexa and I ordered the Limited Edition Gunmetal one when it came out on Monday and also an outlet black one

I was hugely disappointed by the LE one!

It‘s not gunmetal really - more a shiny black and it looks and feels really plasticy

I was also really disappointed in the hardware - it’s noticeably less chunky on the newer one and just feels ‘cheaper’ - which it certainly isn’t!

Suffice to say I’m keeping the outlet one - especially as it’s £550 cheaper!
I really don’t like that new handle :sad: