Men's LV Club

Guys what are your thoughts on the Sac Plat bag? I've seen a pre-loved PM version that comes with a strap which I prefer to carry as cross body as well.

Dimension: W 11.4 in x H 11.8 in x D 3.5 in
Vs. the regular size: W 14 in x H 15 in x D 3.5 in

View attachment 4716032
I IMG_6676.jpg
Looks great! I just got mine, but it was the petit sac plat in black epi. I don't carry much with me so I went with the smaller one, can't wait to rock em.

Do we still care about the Trio Messenger? Well, I do! Here's my new beauty (probably the first to make it to the Bucharest store):
tempImageLDDJK1.jpg
The reverse Eclipse is really beautiful IRL, much more so than the regular monogram reverse. There could have been more of it on the bag; I wouldn't have minded it being fully reverse, to be honest. With this being more of a trendy, flex bag, it's more than likely that those who are buying it already have other Eclipse pieces in their collection anyway. That said, one of the best things about this bag is that the largest piece works great as a clutch for more formal occasions, without looking like a toiletry pouch or severely outdated (sorry, Kasai!). The coin pouch is significantly softer compared to the standalone key pouch; it's lined in thin fabric, whereas the original "cles" has leather on the inside. Also, you can't really tuck away its clasp; overall, I'd say it's much less pocket friendly and it works best on the strap or as a charm for some other bag. The larger flat pocket has the same fabric lining as the coin pouch and as such it is quite supple as well; the large compartment has the standard fabric lining that can be found in pretty much any Eclipse bag. The strap is very nice, significantly shinier and more detailed compared to the one from my District PM. Overall, this Trio is definitely busier than my other LV bags, but also more youthful. Now I just need to start wearing it!

Do we still care about the Trio Messenger? Well, I do! Here's my new beauty (probably the first to make it to the Bucharest store):
View attachment 4877324
The reverse Eclipse is really beautiful IRL, much more so than the regular monogram reverse. There could have been more of it on the bag; I wouldn't have minded it being fully reverse, to be honest. With this being more of a trendy, flex bag, it's more than likely that those who are buying it already have other Eclipse pieces in their collection anyway. That said, one of the best things about this bag is that the largest piece works great as a clutch for more formal occasions, without looking like a toiletry pouch or severely outdated (sorry, Kasai!). The coin pouch is significantly softer compared to the standalone key pouch; it's lined in thin fabric, whereas the original "cles" has leather on the inside. Also, you can't really tuck away its clasp; overall, I'd say it's much less pocket friendly and it works best on the strap or as a charm for some other bag. The larger flat pocket has the same fabric lining as the coin pouch and as such it is quite supple as well; the large compartment has the standard fabric lining that can be found in pretty much any Eclipse bag. The strap is very nice, significantly shinier and more detailed compared to the one from my District PM. Overall, this Trio is definitely busier than my other LV bags, but also more youthful. Now I just need to start wearing it!

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your thoughts on the trio messenger. I care and I have been waiting for my trio messenger since June. It finally arrived in the store a couple of weeks ago but I still can’t pick it up because retail stores are not allowed to open to walk-in customers. We’re still in lockdown in Melbourne.

:smile: Congrats to you both @Orgonon and @aykc

I’m still waiting and hoping I get this bag too. It’s been a painful few months b/c stock is so rare in Canada. I sort of got my Patchwork Keepall to console myself and to assuage my Eclipse craving lol. I really want Trio as my first Eclipse handbag. Fingers crossed!
Thank you @MyBelongs to Louis. I hope you will get your trio soon.

Reactions: MyBelongs to Louis
I had trouble finding information on this bag in the forums before I decided to buy it, so I thought I'd drop these pics here for reference, in case anyone else is interested. I missed the order period for the original Kim Jones version by a week back when it was available and was quite disappointed at the time. This re-issue is still very beautiful:

IMG_0439 2.JPGIMG_0450 2.JPG

I like the size of the clutch box compared to the petite malle, as well. It fits my phone with slim case (not pictured as I was using it to take the photo), Kindle (without leather case, in order to make space for the other items, although it does fit inside with the case), surgical mask in a flat paper bag, behind the Kindle, lipstick-sized backup battery, lightning cord for backup battery, Hermes Bastia with seven house keys and a car key fob inside to avoid scratching the interior of the clutch box, Hermes card case with 4 cards, package of Kleenex tissues, and a small Liberty pouch with two GU packets. You definitely have to play a little bag Tetris to fit everything properly, but it does close naturally without having to force anything and will stay closed with only the magnets.

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your thoughts on the trio messenger. I care and I have been waiting for my trio messenger since June. It finally arrived in the store a couple of weeks ago but I still can’t pick it up because retail stores are not allowed to open to walk-in customers. We’re still in lockdown in Melbourne.
After more than 4 months wait, I finally picked up my belated birthday present from my partner.5CB04F56-20BD-41F1-8FDF-D5221328413B.jpegA9FE951A-1F34-49D8-86BB-246361E33458.jpeg

After more than 4 months wait, I finally picked up my belated birthday present from my partner.View attachment 4898095View attachment 4898096
Wow, happy belated Bday!! Such a gorgeous gift. You’re so lucky to find one, hope you love it! :smile:

Fingers crossed for restock in Canada lol
———————————————————
Did you guys see the new men’s straps? I’m eyeing the Eclipse one but don’t know if it can be shortened for handbag use. Any input would be much appreciated! 0CE001EC-CF82-4930-8C57-9D97B56C7F94.jpeg7D928A7C-654B-476D-BBCF-E567A36B2C32.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: melsig and aykc