Hermès "Wildlife" Sightings

Please note:

Wildlife Sightings, mean OUT in the wild' means and NOT in Hermes zoos stores where rare species are so easily found.

Please report images that are just pics of others' bags in H store (as well as for any other posts breaking tPFrules).

If you happen to take a pic of children and can't crop, please make sure you at least blur/obscure the child.

TY

Off topic I know But I now freak out when I see Kelly bags carried open like that!
I hope she was just getting her wallet out and not walking round all day like that!
I was gonna say the exact same thing! There is a thread that has been active recently here about exactly this and it scared me into never wanting to carry like this even though it does look so “carefree”

I was gonna say the exact same thing! There is a thread that has been active recently here about exactly this and it scared me into never wanting to carry like this even though it does look so “carefree”
Off topic I know But I now freak out when I see Kelly bags carried open like that!
I hope she was just getting her wallet out and not walking round all day like that!

Well she was leaving her bag opened like that for a long time . I guess most people find it more convenient this way as the kelly is a pain to open and close.

Well she was leaving her bag opened like that for a long time . I guess most people find it more convenient this way as the kelly is a pain to open and close.

In the photo, she has her wallet in her hand. She must have just taken it out. She‘ll probably close the Kelly properly when she puts the wallet back in.

Which thread is this? Although I have to admit, I've never seen anyone IRL carrying their Ks completely open like that.

Reactions: Culoucou
TBH, if I'm just out & about during the day, I mostly carry all of my Ks "wide open" as the girl in the photo above. It's a lot easier, and certainly carefree; I have never had an issue and I feel bad for the girl after reading the above posts, honestly. She did not ask for her photo to be posted on a public forum and then essentially ridiculed for the way that she chooses to carry HER bag.

:hrmm:

TBH, if I'm just out & about during the day, I mostly carry all of my Ks "wide open" as the girl in the photo above. It's a lot easier, and certainly carefree; I have never had an issue and I feel bad for the girl after reading the above posts, honestly. She did not ask for her photo to be posted on a public forum and then essentially ridiculed for the way that she chooses to carry HER bag.

I completely agree with you: it’s her bag and she can do whatever she wants with it.

So true.

I don't think anyone is actually ridiculing her. We are all here because we love bags and everybody knows that it doesn't get any more luxe than Hermes. So naturally people will have an opion about it.

To each their own and if you love the look or find it more convenient to wear it open, just do so. But it would be so sad if someone loves the look of an open Kelly, find the handle stretched and then reads that other people think this is common knowledge.

If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have known so much. I don't think anyone was actually badmouthing how she wears her bag, more just stating knowledge.

As someone who carries their Kelly’s like that, what’s so bad? My bag is never full and given how difficult it is to get out of a Epsom sellier, good luck to anyone who tries to steal anything out of it
I worry about strain on the bag because its not designed to be carried that way
Although granted, your bag you should carry it as you wish.
Also living in London I worry about theft from shoulder bags worn like that just hanging open.(in fact I can think of no city where I would feel safe doing so)
I wasn't ridiculing her-its just that it actually sets my teeth on edge when I think about damaging such a beautiful item from carrying it like that, putting strain on it.
I understand about the difficulty of getting in and out of the Kelly easily as I own a Jypsiere and I often close it under the flap so that I can get to my phone if it rings.