Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

I saw this faux fur bomber jacket today and am considering it---have any of you seen it and if so, what did you think? Thanks! It's look 18 from fall.
Hi @911snowball, thank you for offering to send some more pictures. I actually tried it on yesterday so know what it looks like in person. Was just hoping for some feedback from everyone here. :heart:
It is incredibly soft and cozy. Will be interested in what you think when you see it in person! Many thanks again!
Hello, could you please let me know if this jacket is normal in size? Did you try your normal size?I love it, it is really beautiful and you can style it in so many ways!

Reactions: 880 and kipp
Hello, could you please let me know if this jacket is normal in size? Did you try your normal size?I love it, it is really beautiful and you can style it in so many ways!
Hi, @PassionChanel, I tried a size smaller than I usually take---I'd say it was a tiny bit small around my hips (I'm curvy) but the shoulders and chest were perfect for a bomber jacket. The arms were long, which I think was the style for fall (for example, the Act 1 LBJ had longer arms, too). Unfortunately, my store won't be getting my size---I'll be trying one size larger than my usual later this week when it comes in to compare (suspect it will be waaay too big), so will be able to tell you more then. The vertical ruffled gathering gives it quite a bit of volume, so I guess it depends upon how you would want to wear it---how much layering you would do underneath and your overall physique/height. HTH but I'd suggest you talk to your SA about it if you try or order it. Good luck! It's a spectacular piece!

Reactions: 880 and Mypassion
I think the consensus here is that TRR is a huge gamble, but a gamble still worth taking! As some of you may recall, I snagged my grail jacket there a couple of weeks ago, which was listed as “very good condition” but arrived severely altered to a point that likely wasn’t reversible. Broken-hearted, I had to send it back. Then just three days later another Dallas jacket popped up listed as “excellent” and at a price point of $1100.
Well, it arrived today — not only in my size and a great fit without alterations, but arrived NWT, including extra buttons, sleeve inserts, the whole nine! It doesn’t have the unique cut and intricate trimmings of my “grail jacket”, but is actually FAR more wearable, and comfortable, so I’ll get a ton of mileage out of this baby!
The morale of the story is that you win some, you lose some with TRR, but this one was a HUGE win!

75ECBF75-FE47-4D2D-831F-D75523A44DFE.jpeg

C7838237-141B-4F52-B07D-A194DCBA1626.jpeg

Hi, @PassionChanel, I tried a size smaller than I usually take---I'd say it was a tiny bit small around my hips (I'm curvy) but the shoulders and chest were perfect for a bomber jacket. The arms were long, which I think was the style for fall (for example, the Act 1 LBJ had longer arms, too). Unfortunately, my store won't be getting my size---I'll be trying one size larger than my usual later this week when it comes in to compare (suspect it will be waaay too big), so will be able to tell you more then. The vertical ruffled gathering gives it quite a bit of volume, so I guess it depends upon how you would want to wear it---how much layering you would do underneath and your overall physique/height. HTH but I'd suggest you talk to your SA about it if you try or order it. Good luck! It's a spectacular piece!
hi kipp, thank you very much for your help!I suspect that the design and the fit of the jacket is meant to be in a certain way and therefore my usual size would be the best fit. I will definitely ask my SA!
Thank you once again!

Reactions: kipp
Today I was invited to an exclusive private Chanel experience to discover and try a selection of the FW collection. I felt like a queen!
First time for me to be invited to such an event but with the current situation my SA told me that they needed to be creative

Tried half a dozen of pieces and the palazzo tweed pant, might take a nice cardigan...
I’m 5’1 for reference :smile:
8484D469-FAB1-41AE-BA5A-89038B693F73.jpegEA8760E9-F16A-490F-8648-CA354BBA71D9.jpeg8F26537E-1A9F-466C-9530-224A7F9688D2.jpeg

Today I was invited to an exclusive private Chanel experience to discover and try a selection of the FW collection. I felt like a queen!
First time for me to be invited to such an event but with the current situation my SA told me that they needed to be creative

Tried half a dozen of pieces and the palazzo tweed pant, might take a nice cardigan...
I’m 5’1 for reference :smile:
View attachment 4883976View attachment 4883980View attachment 4883981
I bought a super soft cashmere palazzo pant last winter. I have a hard time keeping them from sliding down because of the weight. My tailor had to add grosgrain along the waistband and made the waist quite tight so they don’t slouch off. Hopefully this tweed is lighter. They look great!

Hi!
Would anyone happen to know what season this jacket is from? I love it and would love to find it!

Attachments

• CC25E356-D0B1-4C27-BCBA-6D988C5122F3.jpeg
    CC25E356-D0B1-4C27-BCBA-6D988C5122F3.jpeg
    300.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 5EAFEB43-202B-466B-9C66-853BA16FD7AA.jpeg
    5EAFEB43-202B-466B-9C66-853BA16FD7AA.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 26
I think the consensus here is that TRR is a huge gamble, but a gamble still worth taking! As some of you may recall, I snagged my grail jacket there a couple of weeks ago, which was listed as “very good condition” but arrived severely altered to the point that likely wasn’t reversible. Broken-hearted, I had to send it back. Then just three days later another Dallas jacket popped up listed as “excellent” and at a price point of $1100.
Well, it arrived today — not only in my size and a great fit without alterations, but arrived NWT, including extra buttons, sleeve inserts, the whole nine! It doesn’t have the unique cut and intricate trimmings of my “grail jacket”, but is actually FAR more wearable, and comfortable, so I’ll get a ton of mileage out of this baby!
The morale of the story is that you win some, you lose some with TRR, but this one was a HUGE win!

View attachment 4883216

View attachment 4883217
Congratulations. It looks nice, and it is a good price!
I had a similar experience with TRR recently. I bought a Chanel skirt, and it turned out to be shorts!..haha. I returned immediately after chatting with the store, and TRR refunded me a shipping cost as well.
Last week, I purchased the Chanel jacket in size 36. It says the shoulder measures 16.5" so I was prepared to do the alteration to size 34 (shoulder 14.5" to 15"). I received the jacket this week and it came in excellent condition and the shoulder measures about 15". It fits a little large but no alteration needed!

• Love
Reactions: 880 and jenlee8751
Congratulations. It looks nice, and it is a good price!
I had a similar experience with TRR recently. I bought a Chanel skirt, and it turned out to be shorts!..haha. I returned immediately after chatting with the store, and TRR refunded me a shipping cost as well.
Last week, I purchased the Chanel jacket in size 36. It says the shoulder measures 16.5" so I was prepared to do the alteration to size 34 (shoulder 14.5" to 15"). I received the jacket this week and it came in excellent condition and the shoulder measures about 15". It fits a little large but no alteration needed!

I do wonder if some of the things are put on the web at 3am by a punch drunk employee. I have seen measurements that in no way match up with the size listed on the garment. Granted, people alter clothing, but something that should have a 36-38in bustline has a 30 or 32!? I don't want to be bothered with a return to find out that they were right lol!

I passed on this because of length... and I’m not tall! Sitting down in this would be too challenging for me although it was super cute!
I finally try on this dress. My SA was able to track down a size 34 for me. It fits comfortably and not too short ( just a few inches above the knee on me). The price is so reasonable for a dress so I just say yes to my SA. Now wait for the tailor to shorten the sleeve a little bit.

• Love
Reactions: 880