Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

You can see the incredible amount of stress on their faces that dayView attachment 4870071. Well with the exception of one of them.

She isn't going to let her husband and his family being unhappy get in the way of her taking a good photo. That would require empathy on her part. Narcissists can't feel that, only their own pain matters.

Prince Harry 'Fighting Back Tears' after Snub on Final Royal Job, Book Claims

Prince Harry was left "fighting back tears" after he and wife Meghan Markle were snubbed by the palace on his final royal job, a new book claims.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex had already announced their departure from royal life when they attended the Commonwealth Day Service at Westminster Abbey, in London, in March.

The event was their final taste of life as senior working royals but it was not a happy occasion, historian Robert Lacey claims.

The couple were expecting to process into the church behind Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles and Prince William in recognition of their status within the family, even though they had quit, Battle of Brothers claims.

However, they were demoted to filing in separately in a move that highlighted Harry's status as a "spare," in the sense he is not a direct heir to the throne, the author writes.

Lacey, a consultant on Netflix series The Crown, writes: "In 2018 and 2019, Harry and Meghan had walked down the aisle in the main procession.

"But, in 2020, they were being shunted aside on their final appearance as working royals in Britain.

"As now glaringly 'junior' members of the family, the Sussexes would simply have to shuffle their way to their seats and take their place on the sidelines.

According to the book, Prince William decided he would not enter as part of the main procession out of sensitivity to his younger brother.

However, the move was not enough to spare Harry's blushes as the order of service was not updated, meaning those in church could read what the original plan had been.

Lacey writes: "Within minutes of each other, the two princes and their wives slipped quietly into their seats, then sat waiting for the Queen and Prince Charles to process in senior splendour down the aisle.

"The only problem was that 2,000 orders of service had already been distributed round the Abbey, explaining that William and Kate would enter and process with the main royal party—and making no mention at all of Harry and Meghan.

"So there was the snub in black and white — set out for all to see.

"Observers also noted that Harry's face was 'quite tense and unsmiling' — and that when William sat down close to him, he barely greeted his brother.

"Throughout the service, Meghan megawatted away with her best TV smile but, as the ceremony progressed, Harry appeared to grow gloomier.

"According to one observer, 'his accelerated blinking even suggested he might have been fighting back tears.'"

This makes him look like a petulant and spoiled child. For God's sake, you chose to leave so you can do non-royal things - and NOT do royal things. This is one of them.

She also asked for one for her first trip with Harry. Charles had to tell her it was inappropriate. So for someone who doesn't care she sure cares a lot. Also for someone who doesn't believe in ranks she sure tyrannized her staff.
Interesting that she didn't ask the Queen. Probably too afraid she would be told off and instead, tried to work her femme fatale skills on PC. Glad that didn't work out either.

Um, what did he think was going to happen? They announced they were stepping back as senior royals. Then he’s upset they can’t walk down the procession with the senior royals.

William was quite gracious.

H&M wanted and expected a half-in/half-out deal. Apparently without consulting anyone of consequence, they planned to step back, not step down. My guess is after years of getting his way and with MM’s support, Harry thought (?) this half-in/half-out plan would not be controversial. Before this H disaster and the covid, I thought Charles should stay as the heir. It seems the rumors were true - King Charles would be disaster. He is not ageing as well as QE and Philip. Cams is looking a bit unwell, too. Now that W&K have emerged as leaders and their kids are older, William would be the best choice.

From Jan, 2020:
A separate Buckingham Palace statement makes clear the couple is “required” to step back from royal duties. Any doubts over whether they could be both in and out, is now clarified. The latter has prevailed.

Am I the only who can't watch the entire interview?!! Her voice and mannerisms just grate on my nerves.:annoyed:
I find her extremely rehearsed and non-genuine. It reminds me a lot of her performances in Suits that I saw - lots of long doe-eyed stares, supposed to imply deep thought I guess. Lots of word salad, basically whatever the listener wants to hear.
All that ridiculous business about how her words were misinterpreted, I suppose some people eat that up.

ITA. I actually remember watching a Suits interview of her when she was just getting well-known where I thought she seemed so cute and charming. She actually has a personality here, I guess that was before she found the light and became humanity's savior.

Here's the vid:

Reactions: lanasyogamama
ITA. I actually remember watching a Suits interview of her when she was just getting well-known where I thought she seemed so cute and charming. She actually has a personality here, I guess that was before she found the light and became humanity's savior.

Here's the vid:

Funnily I saw a speech she gave somewhere after they got engaged (ETA to clarify: I saw the speech after they got engaged and I found her insufferable during the engagement interview, the speech was a few years old at that point) and was like "OMG I would have actually liked that version of her." In hindsight though, she was maybe just better at hiding her black soul back then. Narcissists tend to spiral out of control at some point.

Here's the vid:

Now we know she can become whatever she believes will serve her best, a human chameleon. Fascinating and a little creepy at the same time.:lol:

H&M wanted and expected a half-in/half-out deal. Apparently without consulting anyone of consequence, they planned to step back, not step down. My guess is after years of getting his way and with MM’s support, Harry thought (?) this half-in/half-out plan would not be controversial. Before this H disaster and the covid, I thought Charles should stay as the heir. It seems the rumors were true - King Charles would be disaster. He is not ageing as well as QE and Philip. Cams is looking a bit unwell, too. Now that W&K have emerged as leaders and their kids are older, William would be the best choice.

From Jan, 2020:
A separate Buckingham Palace statement makes clear the couple is “required” to step back from royal duties. Any doubts over whether they could be both in and out, is now clarified. The latter has prevailed.
QE will likely stay in power for as long as health permits. It's possible that Charles will be king for only a short period of time. Charles may prefer to be an emeritus king and act as a counselor to Will.

QE will likely stay in power for as long as health permits. It's possible that Charles will be king for only a short period of time. Charles may prefer to be an emeritus king and act as a counselor to Will.
QE II will be Queen till she dies, and then Charles will be King. Younger royals have taken on more workload as the Queen has grown older but she‘ll not give up being Queen. She regards it as a lifelong duty.

Here's the vid:

Great find, @lalame Thank you
Consider this: according to YouTube, that interview was in 2016. MM was 35 yrs old. Harry is now 36.
In the video, she looks freer and much less burdened than now. Still there are the hand waving, the open shirt, the hair touching, the perpetual grin. A new thing is a teeth thing after she stops smiling - not exactly clear what she is doing. The lack of word salad really stands out. All that said, she has such positive, happy energy and does indeed seem charming and, yes, cute. I would have guessed her to be late 20s. The marriage seems to be dragging both H&M down. Sad to see that.

@sdkitty you are correct, skipping dear Charles is not an option. Unless ill, it is very unlikely that he would opt out. Still, IMO, William is a much stronger leader than Charles. I doubt H or Prince Andrew would ever opt out, too.

Last edited:

Here's the vid:

I watched it twice just to be fair. Maybe she was just nervous, but I think she was acting... the little giggles, over the top facial expressions, overreactions to questions, quick and exaggerated hand movements. Am I being too critical?

QE II will be Queen till she dies, and then Charles will be King. Younger royals have taken on more workload as the Queen has grown older but she‘ll not give up being Queen. She regards it as a lifelong duty.
I'm not expert but I don't think they can just skip Charles
Yep, I agree. Unless, QE becomes mentally incapacitated, she will keep on going. I don't think Charles will be skipped, but he may want to become a king for only a short period of time. After he gets his title, he may prefer to abdicate to Will. Will will be a good king imo. Hopefully, people like Lacey, MM...will not succeed in destroying his image.

This could get entertaining....

54699.gif
Expect tantrums and scathing made-up stories about William to surface in the media over the coming days.

After a wonderful day, I sat down with my lil’furball, CoCo Chanel to watch entertainment for the evening.
Any guesses, ladies & gents?
It must be Meghan Markle Monday on the Hallmark Channel bc the movie, Harry’s, I mean, Dater’s Handbook, ladies & gents.
View attachment 4869283
View attachment 4869282View attachment 4869313
em0WayE.gif

Even through screenshots her acting looking dreadful :lol: