Official MOYNAT Thread

Finally got to check out the Moynat store at the NYC Saks yesterday! I've been fixated on the Rejane and this trip confirmed my interest in it, but the other bags were nice to look at too :smile: Also understanding the appeal of the Gabrielle now since it's so much lighter than the Rejane, but I'm still not a big fan of the M opening, as subtle as it is (maybe I'll get my mom to get that for herself since her first first name actually starts with an M, and then borrow it)

It's between the Rejane 23 and 26 (PM) for me, though I'm currently leaning towards the 23 because of the initial weight and my tendency to stuff bags -- I figure the 23 will keep me in check while still able to fit most of my non-book/water bottle things. Richard, the SA I talked to, did say that the 23 only comes in multicolor, which I'm not sure if I want, even though the one I tried on at the store was really cute. If I stick to a single color, I'll likely go for tourterelle or royal blue, ideally in taurillon leather. I need to stare at my photos a little harder to decide which leather the blue looks best in, should I decide to get blue...

If I were to decide to get a 23 in a solid color, how feasible would it be to get a special order with no prior purchase history? Given the price of these bags, I'd rather get what I really want, even if I have to pay a little extra. Probably won't be getting this bag until 2021 at the earliest since I'm on ban island for the year (unless the Loewe Puzzle with the size/hardware I want shows up on preloved sites, then I'm jumping into the ocean) and to give myself time to see how the change in CD will affect the quality of the bags, so I'm just scoping out my options for now.

Attaching some photos in case anyone finds these comparison photos useful

Size comparisons (Rejane 23 v Gabrielle PM, Rejane 26 vs 23):
20200729_145237.jpg20200729_144417.jpg20200729_144112.jpg20200729_143918.jpg

Color comparisons (royal blue in different leathers, touterelle vs taupe):
20200729_144533.jpg20200729_143941.jpg

Thanks for the reply, but the store manager claims that there isn’t such a sale, even for established or VIP customers. Well, at least I tried.

I am a newbie here, only find this fantastic forum few weeks ago, so happy to see there are lots of Moynat lover here and truly enjoyed all the lovely bag photos. Thank you all for posting!

In my understanding, Moynat SG never participated in this sale from the beginning - strange but it's true.
If you still interested in getting some sale Moynat, check out 24s as I found out last week that they put few sale items on, not much but there might be something you would like.

Or another option is you can order it from Selfridges London, they do send it aboard and VAT is taken away, just need to pay for delivery and the import tax in SG - not a bad deal if you have something which you really wanted in the sale.

If you are interested, I would recommend Kay, she is very nice and super helpful.

Last edited:
Finally got to check out the Moynat store at the NYC Saks yesterday! I've been fixated on the Rejane and this trip confirmed my interest in it, but the other bags were nice to look at too :smile: Also understanding the appeal of the Gabrielle now since it's so much lighter than the Rejane, but I'm still not a big fan of the M opening, as subtle as it is (maybe I'll get my mom to get that for herself since her first first name actually starts with an M, and then borrow it)

It's between the Rejane 23 and 26 (PM) for me, though I'm currently leaning towards the 23 because of the initial weight and my tendency to stuff bags -- I figure the 23 will keep me in check while still able to fit most of my non-book/water bottle things. Richard, the SA I talked to, did say that the 23 only comes in multicolor, which I'm not sure if I want, even though the one I tried on at the store was really cute. If I stick to a single color, I'll likely go for tourterelle or royal blue, ideally in taurillon leather. I need to stare at my photos a little harder to decide which leather the blue looks best in, should I decide to get blue...

If I were to decide to get a 23 in a solid color, how feasible would it be to get a special order with no prior purchase history? Given the price of these bags, I'd rather get what I really want, even if I have to pay a little extra. Probably won't be getting this bag until 2021 at the earliest since I'm on ban island for the year (unless the Loewe Puzzle with the size/hardware I want shows up on preloved sites, then I'm jumping into the ocean) and to give myself time to see how the change in CD will affect the quality of the bags, so I'm just scoping out my options for now.

Attaching some photos in case anyone finds these comparison photos useful

Size comparisons (Rejane 23 v Gabrielle PM, Rejane 26 vs 23):
View attachment 4804675View attachment 4804677View attachment 4804678View attachment 4804680

Color comparisons (royal blue in different leathers, touterelle vs taupe):
View attachment 4804676View attachment 4804679
Welcome to the group - I really like the Rejane 23 on you!

Reactions: dessertdays
I am a newbie here, only find this fantastic forum few weeks ago, so happy to see there are lots of Moynat lover here and truly enjoyed all the lovely bag photos. Thank you all for posting!

In my understanding, Moynat SG never participated in this sale from the beginning - strange but it's true.
If you still interested in getting some sale Moynat, check out 24s as I found out last week that they put few sale items on, not much but there might be something you would like.

Or another option is you can order it from Selfridges London, they do send it aboard and VAT is taken away, just need to pay for delivery and the import tax in SG - not a bad deal if you have something which you really wanted in the sale.

If you are interested, I would recommend Kay, she is very nice and very helpful.
Welcome to the group!

Welcome!
I just want to let you know the legacy offerings (the sale) ends tomorrow.
I also want to let you know the new CEO guarantees “Moynat will continue to be the most exclusive house in the LVMH family,” though technically, it’s not IN the family. She’s dedicated to maintaining its status.
I have some exciting news, courtesy of Curtis- the pm Oh! Tote ($1080USD) will be coming out this fall in the pewter/silver combo and the red/bronze combo. I’ll let you know more, as we get closer. You can always contact Curtis, in August, to reserve one w/ a deposit.
As for special orders, I believe you don’t have to have a history to order, but Paris has to approve your choices, and 100% of the cost is due upon ordering.
I have a beautiful eye candy bag to post tomorrow. Stay tuned...

Last edited:
Welcome!
I also want to let you know the new CEO guarantees “Moynat will continue to be the most exclusive house in the LVMH family,” though technically, it’s not IN the family. She’s dedicated to maintaining its status.
I have some exciting news, courtesy of Curtis- the pm Oh! Tote will be coming out this fall in the pewter/silver combo and the red/bronze combo. I’ll let you know more, as we get closer. You can always contact Curtis, in August, to reserve one w/ a deposit.
As for special orders, I believe you don’t have to have a history to order, but Paris has to approve your choices, and 100% of the cost is due upon ordering.
The oh tote in pewter silver!!!! :panic::yahoo:That’s so tempting! Thanks for the heads up @Sourisbrune :flowers: Looking forward to the eye candy too!

Welcome!
I have some exciting news, courtesy of Curtis- the pm Oh! Tote ($1080USD) will be coming out this fall in the pewter/silver combo and the red/bronze combo. I’ll let you know more, as we get closer. You can always contact Curtis, in August, to reserve one w/ a deposit.
@Sourisbrune , you are truly our Moynat Fairy Godmother :heart:

Welcome!

Thank you for the info. on the Oh Tote. My patience will pay off. :smile:

Reactions: Mousy

If you are interested, I would recommend Kay, she is very nice and super helpful.
I agree! I reached out to Selfridges London and although I didn't order from Kay she was super helpful and responsive! I ended up ordering from the Paris store since they had a Gabrielle with the color that I like. They ship abroad and deduct tax for export. Shipping to Canada was 60€.

Hope that helps!

I agree! I reached out to Selfridges London and although I didn't order from Kay she was super helpful and responsive! I ended up ordering from the Paris store since they had a Gabrielle with the color that I like. They ship abroad and deduct tax for export. Shipping to Canada was 60€.

Hope that helps!
Great news! What color are you getting?