Official MOYNAT Thread

Hello,

Does anyone know the current price of the Cabotin and Madeline Strap in the US?

If you happen to have the Danse, Cabotin, or Madeline - any thoughts on it? I have a Gabrielle and a Gaby, and I'm thinking about adding one of those 3 next.
I believe Madeline strap is $3700. I don’t own any of the three you mentioned but Madeline strap and pm danse are on my wishlist too. Both styles accommodate what I usually carry but in Madeline I had to arrange things while in Danse I can just throw them in since it’s so relaxed.

Reactions: konacoffee
@konacoffee -

Cabotin is $4600 (not sure what the status of the sale is - this is regular price). Love it to bits. Easy to get in/out of, holds my organizer without any agita (H Fourbi 20) and there isn't another bag like it out there. It gets compliments all the time.

Similar statements can be made about the Danse. However, I have heard that I am definitely not alone in wishing that there was a size in between the PM and MM. For me the little one holds a good amount but is just too floppy. I love the big one but wearing it crossbody.... let's just say it wears me.

@konacoffee -

Cabotin is $4600 (not sure what the status of the sale is - this is regular price). Love it to bits. Easy to get in/out of, holds my organizer without any agita (H Fourbi 20) and there isn't another bag like it out there. It gets compliments all the time.

Similar statements can be made about the Danse. However, I have heard that I am definitely not alone in wishing that there was a size in between the PM and MM. For me the little one holds a good amount but is just too floppy. I love the big one but wearing it crossbody.... let's just say it wears me.

Thank you for that information! Yeah, I like the look of the Danse and I don't really mind the floppiness, but I have second thoughts about the nubuck.

The Cabotin is definitely unique and gorgeous, but kind of wide at the base? Tbh I don't see myself carrying it much because of the shape, but I love looking at it.

I believe Madeline strap is $3700. I don’t own any of the three you mentioned but Madeline strap and pm danse are on my wishlist too. Both styles accommodate what I usually carry but in Madeline I had to arrange things while in Danse I can just throw them in since it’s so relaxed.

Thank you! I haven't had the chance to see the Madeline or Danse in person yet, so I'm not quite ready to jump in on anything quite yet. But they're both so gorgeous!

Reactions: m_ichele
Hi All,

I’ve recently come across this thread and am so appreciative of how informative and forthcoming everyone has been. I visited a Moynat store for the first time last year and fell in love with the Rejane, Gaby and Gabrielle. The craftsmanship is phenomenal. I didn’t make the purchase though thinking I could always buy it later.

I randomly stumbled across this thread the other night and was saddened to learn that Ramesh left Moynat. I rushed out to see how I could get one of his handbags before things changed as the pieces are impeccable. As I kept reading I learned that there was a sale going on. I reached out to Selfridges in London and they have a decent size selection left on sale - a few box leather Rejanes, Paulines, Josephines, wallets, etc.

Thanks for sharing all the knowledge! Will definitely post here when my new bag arrives :smile:

Thank you for that information! Yeah, I like the look of the Danse and I don't really mind the floppiness, but I have second thoughts about the nubuck.

The Cabotin is definitely unique and gorgeous, but kind of wide at the base? Tbh I don't see myself carrying it much because of the shape, but I love looking at it.
Danse pm also comes in calf :smile: So far I’ve seen danse pm in black and also taupe (I think) calfskin. I’m pretty sure I posted pictures of both in this thread. I was more taken by the black danse, but I’m also kind of wanting a pop of color which is why I haven’t bought one yet.

Reactions: Mousy
Danse pm also comes in calf :smile: So far I’ve seen danse pm in black and also taupe (I think) calfskin. I’m pretty sure I posted pictures of both in this thread. I was more taken by the black danse, but I’m also kind of wanting a pop of color which is why I haven’t bought one yet.
I have some Danse photos, too, from my iPad vault.:smile:
F29CE1F3-1D3C-428D-BF98-361FD66869C1.jpeg55F4CE92-E180-40C1-B699-1E38B480102E.jpeg

These are the photos that my SA sent me. That blue Danse is so stunning, I just don't know about the nubuck!

They also have a Gaby in the same material (blue nubuck w/ GHW) in the PM size. That was also lovely, but a bit heavier.

View attachment 4809611

View attachment 4809612
What a beautiful colour!!! I have heard that the nubuck is quite hardy. Hope that you find your dream bag soon:smile:

Reactions: Mousy
As I've only seen the Danse in photos, I keep thinking this bag needs to be in technicolour!
I usually shy away from color, but Moynat does color so beautifully, it’s made me turn away from my safe bet of black. Granted my picks so far have been darker or muted colors, but if that blue danse had been calf instead of nubuck, I would have broken out of my comfort zone.

I usually shy away from color, but Moynat does color so beautifully, it’s made me turn away from my safe bet of black. Granted my picks so far have been darker or muted colors, but if that blue danse had been calf instead of nubuck, I would have broken out of my comfort zone.

I have half a mind to request a calf version of that Danse! The nubuck was surprisingly hardy in person, but it's still just a bit outside my comfort zone.

I have half a mind to request a calf version of that Danse! The nubuck was surprisingly hardy in person, but it's still just a bit outside my comfort zone.
I actually asked about special ordering it last year, but there was no calf version of that shade of blue, which is outremer if I’m remembering correctly. Maybe we’ll get lucky in the future!