Massaccesi Handbags

These new leathers have me all in a tizzy. My initial reactions are that I love the Gentian Blue and Celeste Fiore and the Deep Blue, Dark Teal, and Byzantium Purple Sorrento. :loveeyes:

Thank you christinemliu for the blue comparison photo! It is super helpful to see the in light of the other blues Marco has. It has also helped me realize I can maybe not feel like I need to jump on the Gentian Blue as it is quite similar to the China Blue pebbled, and actually, I think I might like the China Blue a smidge more. Of course, that still leaves four other leathers I'm drooling over! :lol:

The thing is, I really can't think about any bag that I need or want, even though I adore these leathers. Especially as I am trying to reduce my bag collection overall. And admittedly, I'm not doing well with that, but at the very least, I'd like to not add to it. My personal bag limit is 40, and with the bags on order and that I plan to purchase, I'll be at 39. So, that means I either have to edit my collection down further, which I'm having a super hard time doing, or that 40th bag needs to be one AMAZING bag. And Marco's bags ARE amazing, but I just am not sure there is anything I feel super compelled by right now.

That being said, I really love the leathers! And, I have no currently personal limit in SLGs! So, I've been contemplating. But I also don't really switch out my SLGs so owning too many of them makes no sense for me. I think I'm going to go ahead with a Penelope, and I've thought about whether I'd like that in the Bluette Africa or one of these new leathers...I'm not sure. I've also thought of maybe a little Penelope in one of these leathers, but I'm honestly not sure what I would use a little Penelope for...

I am in the same position as you. I recently realized that I have too many bags, and decided that 20 is good amount to have. I currently have sixteen and 4 more will be allocated to other brands.

After much careful consideration, i decided that I will stick to my Valeries. I don't wear totes/hobo bags/backbags. Majority of Massaccesi collection consist of these. So there are not that many bags in the Massaccesi collection that really speaks to me, even though the leathers are to die for. However I am contemplating of buying slgs. But later in future.

Last edited:
My first 'white box from Italy' arrived today. Soulmate-Midi. Persian green metallic leather. Black lining. Dark gunmetal hardware. No center compartment. The Persian green metallic is everything... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Advice, please. How much filler/stuffing should I use when storing the soulmate in a metallic leather? @coach943

My second box should arrive next week. I bought them separately, and paid separate shipping. Each bag was under the customs limit. Together they'd be well over the customs limit. The extra shipping cost was much less than the customs charge if they were ordered and shipped together. Just a thought when you order...
View attachment 4783094View attachment 4783095
This bag is so gorgeous. I love metallic bags but this one is just stunning the color is definitely going to be a show stopper. I hope you enjoy your lovely new bag. It is definitely one amazing metallic bag.

Just placed an order for a midi Diva in Sorrento purple Byzantium, dark gunmetal HW and tortilla lining! Goat is one of my fave leathers so I jumped at the chance.
I think the Diva will be perfect for the Sorrento leather, if I wasn’t already waiting for my straw midi diva I would order one, instead i have ordered a little Muse in the Teal, though I was also tempted by the purple

I think the Diva will be perfect for the Sorrento leather, if I wasn’t already waiting for my straw midi diva I would order one, instead i have ordered a little Muse in the Teal, though I was also tempted by the purple
thanks, me too. Marco thought the Diva style would be perfect for that leather.

Reactions: djfmn
This is tough but here goes:
- Miss M in taupe for work. I can’t remember the name of the leather. Out of all my larger MM bags, I prefer her for work.
- Zhoe in black vachetta.
- Tie between my Aurora in pink and beige nappa and my midi Juliet in orange washed lamb.

I would like to try something in Pompei next. I haven’t ordered anything in a year. I think the last time was during his kickstarter. I ordered the Aurora.

I am working my way through old posts. I was wondering when Miss M was going to be mentioned in the top three discussion. I think especially the Little Miss M is such a classy style and hope some day to have one. There are some colorblocked Little Miss Ms out there I will pounce on if they ever end up on the BST. I don't think Miss M and her Little sister ever caught on like some of Marco's other styles, but she has a special place in my heart.

Last edited:
Definitely double-check with Marco as was suggested, but I think he usually puts down what was paid.

Welcome @Jannet02! I didn't totally smush mine down, but hopefully these measurements give you some idea. @Fancyfree has great suggestions. Mine is in merinos so it's lighter weight and smooshier from the start; but Soulmates can be heavier depending on the leather in case that matters to you. If you decide not to have the centered zipped compartment, that will also make it lighter. Some also choose to lengthen the shoulder straps to have a greater strap drop. I myself didn't do either of those but I did get a wider messenger strap. Hope the pictures help!

View attachment 4784740

View attachment 4784741

View attachment 4784742

Is this dark chocolate Merinos?

Every few months, I decide I want an Angel Midi. And then, for some reason, I decide against it :frown:.
I have finally figured out why :facepalm:. The handles!

I love the bag, especially the non-tassel version. But I am not keen on the appearance of the handles (they do look comfy, though).

I'm sure Marco would make whatever MM handles I ask for.
But I'm finding it really difficult to choose. I've made a sort of compilation of options:
1594500427719.png
but I am non the wiser. I am unable to envision how these handles would look on Angel. Maybe I should just stick with the regular Angel handles..

Any suggestions? I'd be really grateful for any input, opinions or ideas!

Last edited:
Reactions: jbags07
I did a search on this thread; I think @girliegirl just received one recently. I also found these two older informative posts from the first one to post about owning a Star backpack:

And @Devyn Danielle, I went for it! I am getting Deep Blue Sorrento. Even though I still want to try a Theia Midi, I decided to go for an Angel Midi. It's another style I haven't tried and these days, I am needing the exterior pockets. I poured over @tenKrat's past photos of hers (thank you!) and am going for the non-tassel version. I also am adding a wider messenger strap and for the first time I have added an interior water bottle pocket!

Another side note to mention that actually goat leather is usually more expensive than calf leather, so the fact that Marco is offering it at a discounted Pebbled / Nappa price is incredible.
Thank you SO much you’re a gem!!

Reactions: christinemliu
I wish Marco made a crossbody camera bag. I think I have said this before. I have really been into smaller bags but I already have a mini Zhoe, Zhoe, Penelope, Penelope Messenger, Phoebe, Flora, Aurora, Juliet midi.. I only use the larger bags for work. The goat leather has peeked my interest. Would this leather look better in a larger bag?
I would also LOVE a camera bag!

Reactions: carterazo and anabg
I am working my way through old posts. I was wondering when Miss M was going to be mentioned in the top three discussion. I think especially the Little Miss M is such a classy style and hope some day to have one. There are some colorblocked Little Miss Ms out there I will pounce on if they ever end up on the BST. I don't think Miss M and her Little sister ever caught on like some of Marco's other styles, but she has a special place in my heart.
I have 3 Miss M’s in taupe Nappa, dark green Pompei, and terra-cotta Pompei. It is an elegant style that is really timeless. I haven’t tried little Miss M but hope to have one someday. I agree that is an underrated style, and those who have it, love it.

Is this dark chocolate Merinos?
@satchelme_saddleme18, yes, this is dark chocolate merinos! (You know I love my Soulmate Midi when she's in my avatar haha!)

Every few months, I decide I want an Angel Midi. And then, for some reason, I decide against it :frown:.
I have finally figured out why :facepalm:. The handles!
I love the bag, especially the non-tassel version. But I am not keen on the appearance of the handles (they do look comfy, though).
I'm sure Marco would make whatever MM handles I ask for.
Any suggestions? I'd be really grateful for any input, opinions or ideas!
@Fancyfree, I also was thinking of doing different handles! Here is someone's version with shorter handles:Angel Midi.PNG

I am so impressed with the visual you created! It's so cool to see the handles all in one place. I myself actually was thinking of asking for Arianna handles since I think it'd be nice for them to bend down. Then I thought the metal attachment for the Arianna handles might interfere with access to the pockets. I also considered Athena handles but then I thought those might stick up too far to look okay, so I just decided to keep the handles as is. I figured the standard Angel handles are similar to handles I have on some my totes, and those don't seem to bother me. However, I think the Siena handles or the Victoria style handles you pictured would work great!

Reactions: Fancyfree