Massaccesi Handbags

Wow, these blues are all beautiful! The differences between some of them are so subtle.. thinking about this reminded me of that scene from the Devil Wears Prada where the main character makes a comment about the color of 2 belts..
I love this!! So true..."cerulean!"

Thank you christinemliu for the blue comparison photo! It is super helpful to see the in light of the other blues Marco has. It has also helped me realize I can maybe not feel like I need to jump on the Gentian Blue as it is quite similar to the China Blue pebbled, and actually, I think I might like the China Blue a smidge more. Of course, that still leaves four other leathers I'm drooling over! :lol:

That being said, I really love the leathers! And, I have no currently personal limit in SLGs! So, I've been contemplating. But I also don't really switch out my SLGs so owning too many of them makes no sense for me. I think I'm going to go ahead with a Penelope, and I've thought about whether I'd like that in the Bluette Africa or one of these new leathers...I'm not sure. I've also thought of maybe a little Penelope in one of these leathers, but I'm honestly not sure what I would use a little Penelope for...
You're welcome! Those are just the blues I requested, I know he has other shades that I didn't ask to include in this picture, just, uh, you know, to give you more options ! I also love SLGs, especially as a way not to miss out on a leather when I am not going to order a whole bag. I have all the Penelopes, including 3 Little Penelopes with another one on order. They are sooooo handy. They fit a ton of cards, or hair accessories, or coins, small toiletries (bandaids, glasses wipe, floss), keys (use a leash to attach to one of the rings in certain interiors like Marco) [By the way! Marco does make short "leashes" with clips on both sides for this purpose], earbuds, your child's little squinkies hahaha...the list is endless.

By the way, I thought there was a typo in his announcement. Under the big word "Sorrento" it said "Goat Leather - "A" Fiore Selection Natural Vegetable Tan Natural Grain" so I mentioned this to Marco. My leather education continues! This is what he said:
"Fortunately "fiore" is an Italian word used to describe the top part of an animal skin. It's the highest quality leather and the most expensive one. Fiore leather has a grade "A" choice and a "B" choice. Sorrento is obviously marked as "A" and in fact it costs a lot.
In general, there are 3 different parts of an animal skin that can be used: top side, middle part and lower part. There's a huge difference between the top part (what we call Fiore) and the other 2 parts. To me, the middle part is already not good enough (we call it corrected leather), and there's no need to tell what I think about low part (named "split")."

I knew about top grain leather, but I didn't realize there was a differentiation even in this top part. Wow.
It really makes you appreciate Marco's heritage, knowledge, and his leather.

Last edited:
Sure...cervo is deerskin. It is a very soft leather. As with goat leather, cervo is more uncommon to find, in my experience. So, when I find a handbag in either leather, I usually jump on it.

I’m going to jump on the deep teal Sorrento. :yes:
Thank you for explaining, tenKrat :flowers:. Which bag?

Actually, I suspect many of us would love to know which designs you regard as most suitable for the soft Sorrento...

Please share your experience and excellent taste with us!

Most of us live very far apart (different continents!),
so minimal risk of us turning up at the same event with similar handbags :P
And the more help and guidance shared, the more sales and better odds for survival for Massaccesi.

Sure...cervo is deerskin. It is a very soft leather. As with goat leather, cervo is more uncommon to find, in my experience. So, when I find a handbag in either leather, I usually jump on it.

I’m going to jump on the deep teal Sorrento. :yes:

I agree that Cervo is really special. I've owned Cervo bags from BV and Prada and it are luxuriously soft and drapey.
Interestingly my previous goatskin bags have been pebbled and tough - way tougher than calfskin. Perhaps the A grading makes Marco's version a little more delicate. On the fence about ordering a bag, but if I did pop, it would be for the Dark Teal Sorrento.

Reactions: Kimbashop
Thank you for explaining, tenKrat :flowers:. Which bag?

Actually, I suspect many of us would love to know which designs you regard as most suitable for the soft Sorrento...

Please share your experience and excellent taste with us!

Most of us live very far apart (different continents!),
so minimal risk of us turning up at the same event with similar handbags :P
And the more help and guidance shared, the more sales and better odds for survival for Massaccesi.
My top two considerations for the deep teal Sorrento are Hera Midi and Modena Midi. The Soulmates, Selenes, Theias, and Victorias would be really lovely in the goat leather, too, because its texture and veiny-ness suit those styles particularly well—-that’s just my opinion. :amuse:

I also thought of colorblocking a bag in deep teal and Byzantium purple, on a Siena Midi or Little Diana. But, I’ve decided to stick with just deep teal. Maybe someone else will like my colorblock idea and run with it...:idea:

My first 'white box from Italy' arrived today. Soulmate-Midi. Persian green metallic leather. Black lining. Dark gunmetal hardware. No center compartment. The Persian green metallic is everything... :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Advice, please. How much filler/stuffing should I use when storing the soulmate in a metallic leather? @coach943

My second box should arrive next week. I bought them separately, and paid separate shipping. Each bag was under the customs limit. Together they'd be well over the customs limit. The extra shipping cost was much less than the customs charge if they were ordered and shipped together. Just a thought when you order...
View attachment 4783094View attachment 4783095

Oh this is amazing! That shine and jewel tone , this is going to be a head turner and conversation starter. Great contrast with the black!

I don't stuff my soulmate too tightly since the inner lining doesn't quite reach the base corners anyway. I want to avoid a bulge where the magnetic button is. So I stuff it just enough to make sure the sides do not concave inwards.

I actually don't keep my bags in dust bags anymore, because I like to see and often take them out of my wardrobe just to touch them. What I do is I stuff sufficient paper in the dust bag and fill it like it is a pillow case. Each time I use a bag, I will just have to remove its dust bag pillow, instead of pulling out wads of paper. I also tie the bag description card around the cord of the dust bag so I can remember the bag it belongs with.