Beige Classic ‘Flop’: Keep or Return?

Don't roll your eyes at yourself... if your heart doesn't skip at a 6k bag, return. The last time I bought a classic flap, I actually gasped when I opened it (it's the white one in my profile pic). That's the reaction you want to have.
Thank you and I agree with you. You have to have that “it’s the one” kind of feeling. for the price, it can’t be just “meh”.

maybe put it on your shelf for two days and think about if you’d miss it? I once returned a bag cause I compromised on the hw and I recently found photos and totally regretted it.. haha
on the other hand, when you’re already calling it flop it might be better to return it :P
Lol, it was the word that I immediately thought of when I opened it!
I opened the package again first thing in the morning today and it just didn’t do it for me.

I know it’s nitpicking and nothing is perfect but here’s just another reason to return. The stitch bothers me.
Thanks for all your responses!

Attachments

• 774D7FC3-A8FB-4F9E-B780-D0DD14ADA502.jpeg
    774D7FC3-A8FB-4F9E-B780-D0DD14ADA502.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 249
Reactions: gettinpurseonal
Hi everyone,

Hope you are safe and sane during this time.

I kind of feel guilty for posting during this time but we all cope differently...anyway, here it goes.

I am in a bit of a pickle here. I am one of the folks who ‘panic shopped’ for a classic flap before the price increase. I currently have a black Classic Flap Medium Caviar GHW in my collection and I always wanted a beige version with GHW.

All stores are OOS of the GHW so I bought the “last piece” available yesterday (beige medium caviar SHW).

When I unboxed it, it didn’t make my heart skip a beat - cheesy, I know (I just rolled my eyes). I don’t think I was disappointed because it’s SHW - I think the beige was just lighter than I hoped it would be in person. I am a bit underwhelmed. The purse was nicely packed and it is flawless but I just don’t know if it’s worth the $6300 (tax included) I paid for. Deep inside I know I can get a beige (shade that I like) Coco Handle GHW for a couple thousand $ less.

I don’t know if I should return this and get a Coco handle instead or if I should keep this knowing that down the road, I may want a beige classic flap when price is more outrageous as it already is now and I would definitely regret not keeping this. I know for sure I will not buy a classic flap in the future with the new prices. I also know that I can buy a coco handle in the future (fingers crossed).

I know ultimately it’s my decision but I wonder what you would do? Appreciate your thoughts.

PS - I don’t think I will consider preloved/vintage at this point.
I’d take it back. That color is near impossible to keep looking new and scratches are hard to hide. You’ll feel better with your $6K back in your bank!

Reactions: baninny
Echoing what everyone is saying - there’s no reason to keep a 6000 dollar bag just in case you may like it or want it in the future. You don’t like it now! Aaaand there’s another bag that you do Love! Go for that one

I love this bag and, with this beige colour, I prefer silver hardware, it makes it more fresh. So it’s a perfect bag but it’s a lot of money and if you don’t love, please return it. If it’s not your style, it will sit in your closet and you won’t use it because it’s not your favourite. Buy what you really like, I understand that, after price increase, it will be too hard to buy a classic flap but, at least, you need just the bags you like and you already own a classic flap.

I've seen both beige clair in gold hdw & silver hdw and prefer the gold hdw in this combination. If you can, I would exchange it for the gold hdw and hopefully, you will not have to pay for the differential.

I know it’s nitpicking and nothing is perfect but here’s just another reason to return. The stitch bothers me.
Thanks for all your responses!
I guess most of CHANEL bag got flaws HAHAH ..... depends whether can accept anot. according to what my SA explained , some parts of the bag is handmade , but still , I think workmanship really getting worst . but still , we are buying LOL