Beige Classic ‘Flop’: Keep or Return?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone,

Hope you are safe and sane during this time.

I kind of feel guilty for posting during this time but we all cope differently...anyway, here it goes.

I am in a bit of a pickle here. I am one of the folks who ‘panic shopped’ for a classic flap before the price increase. I currently have a black Classic Flap Medium Caviar GHW in my collection and I always wanted a beige version with GHW.

All stores are OOS of the GHW so I bought the “last piece” available yesterday (beige medium caviar SHW).

When I unboxed it, it didn’t make my heart skip a beat - cheesy, I know (I just rolled my eyes). I don’t think I was disappointed because it’s SHW - I think the beige was just lighter than I hoped it would be in person. I am a bit underwhelmed. The purse was nicely packed and it is flawless but I just don’t know if it’s worth the $6300 (tax included) I paid for. Deep inside I know I can get a beige (shade that I like) Coco Handle GHW for a couple thousand $ less.

I don’t know if I should return this and get a Coco handle instead or if I should keep this knowing that down the road, I may want a beige classic flap when price is more outrageous as it already is now and I would definitely regret not keeping this. I know for sure I will not buy a classic flap in the future with the new prices. I also know that I can buy a coco handle in the future (fingers crossed).

I know ultimately it’s my decision but I wonder what you would do? Appreciate your thoughts.

PS - I don’t think I will consider preloved/vintage at this point.

Attached Files:

rclimbing, Strep2031 and Mjxxsyd like this.
  2. The bag is really beautiful but I totally understand your uncertainty! If it were me, I would probably return it. I don't like having things in my collection that don't make me super happy, especially at such a high price. Have you tried the bag on with a few different outfits to see if it suits your style? I do this with all of my bags just to make sure that it is versatile and worth the money. I hope this helped! x

3. I like this idea! I will totally do this tomorrow and see what works. Thanks for your input. Very helpful.

x_allegra_x likes this.
  4. Too much money for something you don’t love. I would return and look for one you like more on the preloved market. I only pay this much for a bag I absolutely love and know I will use often.

vivaciousbev1, cityivy and baninny like this.
  5. I think you have answered your own question. You unboxed a $6300 bag and were underwhelmed. I would return it.

janetaz, truelvoe, Etincelle and 7 others like this.
  6. It really sounds like you don't love it and while you can still return it, I would.

baninny likes this.
  7. I would return, if you don’t love it. Just trust your gut feeling.

I think beige is beautiful (my favorite chanel color) but I prefer it with gold hardware instead of silver.

baninny likes this.
  8. I think you should return it and wait for one that you love. I also prefer a slightly darker beige and purchased a beautiful seasonal medium flap last year. Wait until you find a beige you love!

baninny likes this.
  9. Thanks everyone for your input...I think I actually will return it.

10. #10 May 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
    Return it. I am a Lover of GH especially with this color

baninny likes this.
  11. I will return also . I think GHW go nicer with this color .

But what coco handle option are there ?

baninny likes this.
  12. Don't roll your eyes at yourself... if your heart doesn't skip at a 6k bag, return. The last time I bought a classic flap, I actually gasped when I opened it (it's the white one in my profile pic). That's the reaction you want to have.

baninny likes this.
  13. I know the "meh" feeling you described... I would love a beige caviar bag with GHW but it has to be the right shade of beige. Silver hardware doesn't do it for me, so I would return.

baninny likes this.
  14. maybe put it on your shelf for two days and think about if you’d miss it? I once returned a bag cause I compromised on the hw and I recently found photos and totally regretted it.. haha
    on the other hand, when you’re already calling it flop it might be better to return it :P

baninny likes this.
  15. SA has the medium coco chevron in caviar black / beige GHW.

Attached Files:

x_allegra_x, mnl, Jdltcb and 2 others like this.