**Hermes Chat**

Yeah, I think the first reports came out late last year. Hopefully most other countries will manage the outbreaks in such a way that things don't get completely out of hand. I do worry about the large countries like Russia that report very low numbers.
I just read on cnn.com that the cases are tapering off (emphasis "off") in China. So if the rest of us can stay holed up for a while, the situation might not be as bad as it could be.

Reactions: MAGJES and Joeli7
I just read on cnn.com that the cases are tapering off (emphasis "off") in China. So if the rest of us can stay holed up for a while, the situation might not be as bad as it could be.

I bet you nothing has changed there and it is probably worst then what we are told. They probably pulled the plug on having news reported has apparently China is literally at a stop right now. It must be totally devastating for them (I can only imagine if that was to happen here) Prayers sent to everyone around the world.

i am new to Hermes, I do like constance 18 and trying to understand how this works. i was told i need to spend 20K+ at the hermes and wait about 2 years to be considered and to be offered the bag. i cannot even try it on to see if it suits me or if i like it on. i can skip the queue and get it for about 50% more than RRP second hand in new or near new condition. its somehow against my believes to pay that much for a second hand bag. so to me it looks like people who qualify to be offered the bag and buy it at hermes simply resell it to make $$$? don't shoot me - i am just trying to understand. otherwise how come there are sooo many bags resold brand new with full set/receipt dated only few days before or near new and they start at least 50% more than RRP? all other brands i used until now don't have such demand and certainly do not resell for 50-100% more than RRP. i would like to get constance 18 at RRP new or under RRP in as new condition, but i do not know how to do it, do i just give up or is there a way?

i am new to Hermes, I do like constance 18 and trying to understand how this works. i was told i need to spend 20K+ at the hermes and wait about 2 years to be considered and to be offered the bag. i cannot even try it on to see if it suits me or if i like it on. i can skip the queue and get it for about 50% more than RRP second hand in new or near new condition. its somehow against my believes to pay that much for a second hand bag. so to me it looks like people who qualify to be offered the bag and buy it at hermes simply resell it to make $$$? don't shoot me - i am just trying to understand. otherwise how come there are sooo many bags resold brand new with full set/receipt dated only few days before or near new and they start at least 50% more than RRP? all other brands i used until now don't have such demand and certainly do not resell for 50-100% more than RRP. i would like to get constance 18 at RRP new or under RRP in as new condition, but i do not know how to do it, do i just give up or is there a way?

Hi,
1. What country are you shopping in?
2. How much time have you spent reading the shopping threads here on tPF?
3. Have you been to the Constance clubhouse here in the H forum?
4. Have you ever visited an Hermes boutique yourself to inquire about a C18? If no, why not? If so, what did they say?

Knowing these things will us help you.

Last edited:
thank u! yes i did lots of reading here and also visited the hermes boutique :smile: i am in melbourne australia, so thats where i was advised i need to wait 2 years or so. to start with i wanted to know if i like it in person vs all the photos i am seeing and then trying to work out why people are buying it to resell at such high prices :smile: i also msg'd some second hand resellers as saw their stock, some are full sets with receipts dated feb/mar 2020 , one particular one in melbourne, but i cannot even see the bag or try it on, just need to pay 15K AU for a second hand bag from 2017, i understand the current retail for that bag is around 10K AU :sad: thanks for your help!

Reactions: Etriers
thank u! yes i did lots of reading here and also visited the hermes boutique :smile: i am in melbourne australia, so thats where i was advised i need to wait 2 years or so. to start with i wanted to know if i like it in person vs all the photos i am seeing and then trying to work out why people are buying it to resell at such high prices :smile: i also msg'd some second hand resellers as saw their stock, some are full sets with receipts dated feb/mar 2020 , one particular one in melbourne, but i cannot even see the bag or try it on, just need to pay 15K AU for a second hand bag from 2017, i understand the current retail for that bag is around 10K AU :sad: thanks for your help!
The resale price for Constance’s in the USA is no where near 50% markup, perhaps you could buy long distance. Many come close to retail price and ones that have actually been used may even go for less. Yes, unfortunately there are many people out there that take advantage of the supply/demand ratio that H has created for these bags and so they buy them just to resell them immediately for a profit. Check out the reseller thread for recommendations.

[QUOTE="unfortunately there are many people out there that take advantage of the supply/demand ratio that H has created for these bags and so they buy them just to resell them immediately for a profit. Check out the reseller thread for recommendations.[/QUOTE]

That is so true! I asked about a specific Hermes handbag that is hard to find. Then suddenly, 3 new ad (of that specific handbag) appeared for sale on the ebay platform. :biggrin: I started laughing because definitely resellers are monitoring the forums and it made me question the authenticity of those handbags considering they are hard to come by.

There are many platforms to buy handbags and some allow you to return it. Perhaps you could go that route. At least you would get to see and try it at home if it really fits your needs.

I have heard that Australia is a tough market for boutique shopping. The good news is that when you do get your C, she’ll hold her value very well there. You may be better off saving the “wishful” shopping money that you would otherwise spend in a boutique hoping to be offered a B and taking a hop to Hawaii or shopping on another vacation.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to say hoping to be offered a B—meant to say bag. You could in effect then establish your “home” store somewhere besides Australia. Is there any place that you vacation regularly?

Reactions: zeusthegreatest
Aside from your questions about H bag availability & prices, which I think are being well covered, do you mind my asking how things are going in Australia in the aftermath of the bush fires? Are the tourists returning or are they waiting till some of the national parks recover? I have gotten fixated on seeing koalas in real life. Saw a couple in January at the Palm Beach zoo, but it would be so cool to see them in the wild.

Aside from your questions about H bag availability & prices, which I think are being well covered, do you mind my asking how things are going in Australia in the aftermath of the bush fires? Are the tourists returning or are they waiting till some of the national parks recover? I have gotten fixated on seeing koalas in real life. Saw a couple in January at the Palm Beach zoo, but it would be so cool to see them in the wild.

Don’t let the fires of the South stop you from visiting that beautiful country. The people are so nice.... plus so many beautiful wonders to see down there and koalas are almost everywhere in Australia.

Reactions: eagle1002us
well, i dont think we had a chance to get things back to normal as the coronavirus took over :sad: i am in melbourne and only had a chance to hold koalas in our open range zoo, they r very pressures. :smile: i hope this goes away soon and we can return to enjoying the beautiful nature and life down-under! let me know if u r coming :smile:

Reactions: eagle1002us
Don’t let the fires of the South stop you from visiting that beautiful country. The people are so nice.... plus so many beautiful wonders to see down there and koalas are almost everywhere in Australia.
The problem is the long flight. It would be cross country to LA, then maybe rest a day. Next, take a 13 hour flight to Sydney and transfer to Brisbane. It's the 13 hour flight that's hard (obviously). In contrast, London is about 7 hours flight time, much easier. And of course the corona virus outbreak complicates things. Any of you guys ever held a koala? That's what I want to do. (My understanding is that it's best to let them hold you b/c of their claws).

Reactions: LadyD21
The problem is the long flight. It would be cross country to LA, then maybe rest a day. Next, take a 13 hour flight to Sydney and transfer to Brisbane. It's the 13 hour flight that's hard (obviously). In contrast, London is about 7 hours flight time, much easier. And of course the corona virus outbreak complicates things. Any of you guys ever held a koala? That's what I want to do. (My understanding is that it's best to let them hold you b/c of their claws).

I did, many, many years ago. Back then, Blue Mountains wasn’t even a national park.

To answer your question, yes a koala came and sat on my lap - we visited a park somewhere, I forget the name but it was a tour. The tour guide reprimanded me for having a koala on me (I told him he came and sat on me) and insisted I remove him because of the dangers of its claws (it never hurt me, not even a scratch btw) I feed him & kangaroos food purchased at the site for them. The animals were super friendly at that park. It was an amazing experience considering all the animals were in the wild.

I even went on the Yellow River in Darwin (Northern territories) where the film Crocodile Dundee was filmed. I saw wildlife you only see in Australia on that river.

I could tell you so much more about that country... I had gone backpacking for 6 months and saw everything in Australia except for the west coast (Perth) because I didn’t have enough time to go. (Australia is about the size of the USA)

Indeed, it is a long flight to go there from the USA although I would tell anyone that is interested in going to not think twice and go. Aussies are extremely nice and welcoming. I would not hesitate one bit to return given the opportunity.

G'day mate! :smile:

Last edited:
Sanity check how is everyone doing ? Are you in quarantine? I am in Manhattan and we are staying indoors to socially distance. Not gonna lie this is freaking me out though. I'm keeping my sanity by browsing handbags online