2019 resolution - shopping my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Thank you! We never had anything too serious (especially not in comparison to what other lovely TPFers are experiencing)—just annoying colds, which were all the more irritating since it felt like at least one of us had some kind of bug throughout November and December.

For my wear stats, I did do quite a bit of navel-gazing on this.

Most-worn:
  1. A couple of my top 10 were also top 10 in past years, but I have FIVE bags in there that I bought in 2018 or later, which tells me I’m buying things I need, so yay for that.

2. My most-worn bag is the Coach pewter bag I got at the beginning of the year, and I’m not surprised. The metallic makes it neutral but not dull, so it goes with absolutely everything.

3. There’s a huge spread in wears between my number 1 and number 10, but 11-22 are all around the same general wear count as number 10. So I’m rotating a lot, which is important to me. I get bored wearing the same bag too often.

4. My carefree bags are consistently in my top 10—I really do need this category for bad weather, situations where I don’t want to be flashy or where damage is possible (concert, beach, etc) I genuinely love these bags, and while I don’t need more in this category, I can’t do without these.

Least-worn:
  1. I mentioned this number is a little skewed as the weather has been horrible here, and my more delicate bags (suede, lambskin, vachetta, etc) have not gotten the rotation they usually would. And our holiday-time illnesses also kept us from some of the dressier events where I’d wear my evening bags.

2. That said, I’m surprised by some of the bags I haven’t reached for as much. A lot of them are bags that can do double duty between daytime and evening, so I’m definitely at capacity on my “dressy bags” category.

For reference, my top 10 most worn bags in 2019 were:

Coach pewter hobo bag (31)
YSL College bag (25)
LV Dauphine (24)
MbMJ Natasha bag (19)
LV bandouliere trunk bag (17)
Givenchy Antigona (14)
LV Monceau (13)
LV black and white damier speedy with red handles (13)
Black Born crossbody (12)
LV Alma in hot pink (11)
Great stats-congrats on wearing things!

Reactions: Annabel Lee
I think I might need to look into getting a couple of these straps too.
They have lots of reasonably-priced ones on Etsy, if you want to test it out. Also Mautto. The MJ ones are a bit better made, but only come with gold hardware, and putting a strap with gold hardware on a bag with silver hardware makes my left eye twitch. :-s

I ordered some last minute stuff and I am counting it in now.
I almost got something too! But I didn’t in the end. It was a Bottega Veneta long zipped wallet on sale at Selfridges at a great price, even with our custom duties and taxes. But then I have downsized my wallet and am happy with my small one, so will I need a long one? I’m glad I paused and when I looked a few hours later, it was sold out! Pheeww, almost!!

I almost got something too! But I didn’t in the end. It was a Bottega Veneta long zipped wallet on sale at Selfridges at a great price, even with our custom duties and taxes. But then I have downsized my wallet and am happy with my small one, so will I need a long one? I’m glad I paused and when I looked a few hours later, it was sold out! Pheeww, almost!!
I was waiting for a super light backpack that just came back in stock today. Then added a light weight nylon summer bag to get a free long wallet. I was bad. I would have been good if it had not come back in stock . Now I want to be good for January.

I was waiting for a super light backpack that just came back in stock today. Then added a light weight nylon summer bag to get a free long wallet. I was bad. I would have been good if it had not come back in stock . Now I want to be good for January.
Oh, that was some last minute shopping before 2020! I’m with you, being good really needs effort!