Princess Beatrice

Her finance' is cute. Congrats to her!

Princess Beatrice is engaged to her boyfriend Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, her parents have announced.

The 31-year-old daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah, Duchess of York, got engaged to the 34-year-old property tycoon in Italy earlier this month.

The princess, who is ninth in line to the throne, will marry Mr Mapelli Mozzi next year.

"We are both so excited to be embarking on this life adventure together," the pair said in a statement.

"We share so many similar interests and values, and we know that this will stand us in great stead for the years ahead, full of love and happiness," they added.

Image copyrightPRINCESS EUGENIE
_108974305_princesseugeniecredit.jpg

Image captionThe couple said they were "extremely happy" to share the news of their engagement
_105914179_blank_white_space-nc.png

Image copyrightPRINCESS EUGENIE
_108974307_princesseugeniecredit2.jpg

Image captionBeatrice's younger sister, Princess Eugenie, shared photos of the engagement on Instagram
Beatrice said on Twitter she was "so excited" by the announcement.

The Duke and Duchess of York said: "We are thrilled that Beatrice and Edoardo have got engaged, having watched their relationship develop with pride."

"We are the lucky parents of a wonderful daughter who has found her love and companion in a completely devoted friend and loyal young man. We send them every good wish for a wonderful family future," they added.

"I know what a mother feels so I have tears of joy," the duchess added on Twitter .

ADVERTISEMENT
"I am so proud of this sensational news," she said.

"Andrew and I are just the luckiest people ever to have two great sons in law."

Mr Mapelli's parents, Nikki Williams-Ellis and Alessandro Mapelli Mozzi, said they were "truly delighted" by the engagement.

"Our family has known Beatrice for most of her life. Edo and Beatrice are made for each other, and their happiness and love for each other is there for all to see," they said.

"They share an incredibly strong and united bond, their marriage will only strengthen what is already a wonderful relationship."

Image copyrightPA MEDIA
_108973354_hi056154248.jpg

Image captionPrincess Beatrice and her fiance Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi at singer Ellie Goulding's wedding last month
The BBC's royal correspondent, Jonny Dymond, said he believed the pair had been together for about two years - and that they have only been seen together in public a handful of times. He said things have "moved pretty quickly".

He said Mr Mapelli Mozzi is a wealthy businessman who has a two-year-old son from a previous relationship.

Mr Mapelli Mozzi is the director of Banda, a property development firm, according to Companies House .

'Meant to be'
Beatrice's sister, Princess Eugenie, married her long-term partner Jack Brooksbank at Windsor Castle in October 2018.

ADVERTISEMENT
"I'm so happy for you my dearest big sissy and dear Edo," Princess Eugenie said in an Instagram post congratulating the pair .

"It's been a long time coming and you two are meant to be," she added.

Beatrice is the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh's granddaughter, and a cousin of the Duke of Cambridge and the Duke of Sussex.

Her parents, the Duke and Duchess of York, divorced in 1996. The duke, Prince Andrew, is the third child of the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh.

In addition to his royal engagements, Andrew served as a special trade representative for the government until 2011, when his links to the disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein forced him to step down.

Further details of Beatrice's wedding will be announced in due course, her parents said.

More engagement pics: I think these were taken at the Royal Lodge.

1Jj5g7E.jpg

EFYhrZ0XsAE7aWA

EFYmZGmWwAAzFTP.jpg

EFYmZGlX4AICDbo.jpg

EFYrz3PXkAE-BY4.jpg

this is the photographer who took their engagement wedding photos, misan harriman:

70699370_934858973532480_5215633461913583616_n.jpg

the dress beatrice wore for her shoot, zimmerman:

P00407258_b1.jpg

and of course, ring details - it's estimated to be 3.5 carats and worth over £100,000, but this is not confirmed

a fusion of victorian and art deco designs accompanied by two additional matching bands, it was crafted using diamonds and platinum, made with a round brilliant cut diamond flanked by 4 baguette-cut diamonds. her engagement ring is a bespoke piece by british jeweller shaun leane, who uploaded pictures of the full ring with all angles to his instagram:

YDIv7c4.jpg

60o3bF3.jpg

q9O7bh1.jpg

"Our family has known Beatrice for most of her life. Edo and Beatrice are made for each other, and their happiness and love for each other is there for all to see," they said.

So why did he have a relationship with the mother of his child, who is only two. I'd like to know his back story.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I don't remember his child's mother name. But I thought they were engaged.

Congrats - I look forward to the next Royal wedding.
& Prince Andrew walking her down the aisle & Fergie as MOTB ! (again!)
I wonder if his little one will be in attendance. I suppose it depends on the age of the child.

Reactions: Welltraveled!
It'll be interesting to see how public or low key this wedding is. After all, there are a lot of storylines to keep it from being one you get swept away in the romance ... father of the bride being involved in the investigation of an underage sex trafficking ring ... mother of the bride who fell out of the good graces of her husbands family after some embarrassing affairs ... groom who called off an engagement to the mother of his child to date the bridge ... not exactly the stuff fairy tales are made of. But the engagement pictures are lovely.