New Saint Laurent Camera Bag!

I hope I'm in the right thread, let me know if there's a different one or if I need to create my own. I've decided to purchase my first Saint Laurent bag, I've been looking for a simple black leather crossbody for a while and have decided on the Lou Matelasses Leather Camera Bag. I haven't yet picked the hardware, I'm a gold person normally but I'm really liking the black hardware as well. This morning I went onto the Saks website and noticed that the black hardware is $395 (Canadian) cheaper than the gold or silver hardware, does anyone know why?

They used to make a "older" model where the ysl was stitched into the bag and now its actual hardware. Hope that makes sense!

Reactions: absolutpink
Hello!
I'm really considering to buy Lou Camera bag but I'm unsure about the leather choices - there are Chevron matelasse leather and Quilted leather options... I don't see much difference in the pictures between these two. I recently learned that matelasse is a stiching, not a type of leather (I tought before that matelasse is very durable (mixed it with grained leather)). I don't have a chance to go see it live anywhere.

So I will soon be a mom of 2 so would really need a bag in everyday life and not to be too careful with it... So is the Camera bag a choice for me at all? If yes, which leather should I go for? I highly respect more durable leather :smile: Thank you so much in advance!

Hello!
I'm really considering to buy Lou Camera bag but I'm unsure about the leather choices - there are Chevron matelasse leather and Quilted leather options... I don't see much difference in the pictures between these two. I recently learned that matelasse is a stiching, not a type of leather (I tought before that matelasse is very durable (mixed it with grained leather)). I don't have a chance to go see it live anywhere.

So I will soon be a mom of 2 so would really need a bag in everyday life and not to be too careful with it... So is the Camera bag a choice for me at all? If yes, which leather should I go for? I highly respect more durable leather :smile: Thank you so much in advance!
Chevron usually refers to quilted stitching in the shape of a V. There is no difference between the chevron matelasse and quilted leather, just different ways to describe them. The Camera bag is a perfect lightweight bag for a busy mom. :smile:

Reactions: Riina1
Chevron usually refers to quilted stitching in the shape of a V. There is no difference between the chevron matelasse and quilted leather, just different ways to describe them. The Camera bag is a perfect lightweight bag for a busy mom. :smile:
Thank you so much for explaining! =) I also think that all the beautiful bags are made for use so I will propably go for black with gold HW!:heart:

Hello!

I would agree with what the other person said, with the exception that if you put it in a larger bag, like a diaper bag, the quilting will get dents As the leather is very soft. When my kids were young, I put my small bags into a larger tote diaper bag sort of thing. So, in that respect I would not recommend it… I would lean more towards a canvas pieces and Louis Vuitton that you could toss it into a larger bag if that’s what you intend to do.

Reactions: Riina1
Well I have gotten mine!
Ordered direct from YSL as I like having a proper YSL storage box for all the £££ I'm paying. Went with black smooth leather with silver hardware and I know I will use it endlessly as it goes with everything.

Attachments

• IMG_20190816_210246.jpg
    IMG_20190816_210246.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_20190816_205935.jpg
    IMG_20190816_205935.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_20190816_210202.jpg
    IMG_20190816_210202.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_20190816_210001.jpg
    IMG_20190816_210001.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_20190816_210149.jpg
    IMG_20190816_210149.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 531
I’ve just gotten mine in dusty grey and am in two minds whether to keep it or return it! I love the idea of a camera bag but have been tossing up whether to get a Prada, saint Laurent or lv bumbag!

I think I like the dusty grey but I’m not sure... might be high maintenence? Opinions please!

Attachments

• 47555566-9626-428F-BF5E-6EFFE8C24853.jpeg
    47555566-9626-428F-BF5E-6EFFE8C24853.jpeg
    278.6 KB · Views: 545
I’ve just gotten mine in dusty grey and am in two minds whether to keep it or return it! I love the idea of a camera bag but have been tossing up whether to get a Prada, saint Laurent or lv bumbag!

I think I like the dusty grey but I’m not sure... might be high maintenence? Opinions please!

I love it! It’s a beautiful grey and think it’s gorgeous with the gold hardware. Don’t think it will be high maintenance at all. I have a Loulou and think it’s the same leather...very durable. Keep!

I love it! It’s a beautiful grey and think it’s gorgeous with the gold hardware. Don’t think it will be high maintenance at all. I have a Loulou and think it’s the same leather...very durable. Keep!
Thanks Foxgal! So happy to hear that it’s durable...any probs with denim colour transfer? Considering if to pop some nano protective spray on it or not....