The Return of the Saddle Bag

Could someone tell me how big the clasp on a strap needs to be to fit around the "C" on the saddle bag? If I were to get a strap from somewhere else (I did buy the striped Dior one, enroute), I'd want to make sure I'd be able to clip it onto the bag. For example, I discovered these, which are also for a great cause: https://www.shoppesalt.com/collections/the-original-straps.
Thanks!
I don't think these will fit around the C, because the closure goes inward instead of sliding upwards like the Dior lobster clasp. When trying to hook onto the C (if it even fits), the closure will not be able to return to its original position, and instead pinch the C. I haven't actually tried the clasp on the Saddle but based on the way it looks in the pictures I don't think it will fit based on the design and size.

I don't think these will fit around the C, because the closure goes inward instead of sliding upwards like the Dior lobster clasp. When trying to hook onto the C (if it even fits), the closure will not be able to return to its original position, and instead pinch the C. I haven't actually tried the clasp on the Saddle but based on the way it looks in the pictures I don't think it will fit based on the design and size.

Didn't think so but thanks for your input! Looks like you can only get a Dior or similar designer strap for the bag. Sneaky bastards! ;) My classic striped strap arrived today and it's gorg! I'll show a proper pic when I unbox at home later. :smile:

I have looked but only found older threads on the Dior Saddle (and no club house), and I think the increasing craze over this quirky little bag deserves a post. It is pure fashion trend, it I love to see a vintage trend bag back into fashion without being back in production. The hunt is even more fun.

I used to own a little Saddle back in the day. One year ago I let pass my model of choice (big size, blue monogram fabric and silver HW) in perfect condition for 100 € and have been watching, banging my head against the wall as prices go up. As one year later I am still wanting this bag, I think it is time to move. Anyone else considering? What do you think is the right price to pay right now? What is your favorite model?
Ladies and gents please help! I’m 62 year old and a lover of luxury hand bags. I’m late with this obsession about 3 years ago. I’m trying to stay in my lane,by that I mean what I can afford and what is fashionable for my age. I want a Dior Oblique saddle bag in the navy, what do you all think ,open for feedback.

Reactions: lxrac and doni
Ladies and gents please help! I’m 62 year old and a lover of luxury hand bags. I’m late with this obsession about 3 years ago. I’m trying to stay in my lane,by that I mean what I can afford and what is fashionable for my age. I want a Dior Oblique saddle bag in the navy, what do you all think ,open for feedback.
The Saddle Bag came out ages ago and it was trendy then. Making a comeback now and having an influencer-driven renaissance has very little to do with what suits you and what you like, in my opinion. That's the beauty of fashion. You make it yours at whatever age. Wear it with confidence and enjoy yourself.

I think the black leather Saddle bag is a bit more versatile but if you like the Oblique in Navy, then go for it.

I think you should get it because you like it! The Saddle was launched in 1999 by John Galliano, so people who were in their late 40s at the time who bought the bag will now be able to rock their bag again in their 60s. Unless we're talking about a Hello Kitty purse or a Disney Frozen backpack (I think you get my point), an iconic Dior design is hardly age-inappropriate.

Y all means, you will rock it,

Go ahead and buy it! I love a navy colored bag. It's formal yet can be laid-back. Two of my friends (both guys) love the saddle bag. One has the oblique monogram and the other one has the plain black one. I don't personally have one as I'm not a fan of the shape. Good Luck

If you love it, just get it!

Age should not determine what to purchase, it is what we love and will use . It's nice to be stylish at any age.
I got in Medium size and love it so much.

I sold mine years ago and succumbed to the new craze and bought a gold saddle with a strap! It hurts the price diff between now and then but I wanted one sooo bad !! If the fendi spy bags come back in I will be Very upset I sold about 5 back in the day too hahahaha

Reactions: averagejoe