Repair/Replacement Costs - List

Looks great! I see so many bags that would be beautiful, the problem for me is that we really don’t have a store nearby that I could bring them to.

Thank you! I actually did everything by mail for this repair. I mailed it to the store requesting repair and they mailed it back to me with complimentary shipping. Very easy process and no travel on my part (I live almost 2 hours away from their location).

My last repair I went to the store to drop it off and pick it up but I trusted them with this one. I wouldn’t hesitate to do it again :smile:

In Canada - just got quoted $150 CAD to reglaze the straps on a Neverfull MM, or $300 CAD to get both handles replaced.

I'm going to wait until the handles need replacing on my bag. SA suggested having my bag sent in for an assessment and re-glazing, but a free repair isn't guaranteed and I don't want to have to wait 6-12 weeks for the bag to come back.

Youre lucky they replaced the D ring that’s not attached to the tab! Mine just arrived. $120USD for the leather strap and tab replacement. Good as new!

They said it’s additional $60USD to have the D ring replaced. TBD on the cost to replace the zipper.

Hi everyone, a few weeks ago I asked for your advice about my Pochette accessories about a replacement zipper pull which I can conform costs £0.00 as of today when I asked in London's Bond Street store (which btw has the most friendly repairs lady ever! think her name was Lohe) anyway, the total cost of a replacement zipper (including Vachetta tag and teeth and pull etc) was £144. I felt on a 17year old bad that wasn't too bad, but I didn't want it doing as it was not actually broken. When I dropped it off on the last day of January I assumed that was all that would be done with my bag. I heard nothing for three weeks accept a text I received yesterday to tell me that my bag was back in Bond Street and ready for my pickup. When I picked it up they had replaced the whole zipper which I assumed would cost me £144 for a service I didn't approve of doing as per my quote (see attached pics). but, to my total delight Louis Vuitton didn't charge me a penny as I hadn't had any contact to ask me if they could change the whole zipper and not just the zipper pull, as mentioned before it wasn't on my quote. I am in total shock, I thought they would demand I pay the whole fee, but thank goodness they didn't! the SA was in total shock that I hadn't been contacted and therefore said they couldn't charge me, no quibble at all they didn't even ask me!
They also replaced the D ring that's not attached to the Vachetta tab which I also think is very good, alongside giving me a modern dust bag as-well.

Finally, the bag has the dreaded cracking (on the canvas attached to the d ring that's not on the Vachetta) but they still did the repair!
Do have a look at the attached pictures, the bag looks brand new!

what do you think? I'm still speechless!

Attachments

• 58CA3098-7DBA-4C4A-AB8B-B0BAB597855F.jpeg
    58CA3098-7DBA-4C4A-AB8B-B0BAB597855F.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 374