Repair/Replacement Costs - List

My circa 1998 Bucket is back from being repaired!! I just picked her up at LV this evening and she is a total beauty! $150 for the lining and $240 for the interior pouch replacement. I will say, I can’t get over how much nicer the older canvas is compared to my newer stuff....now that the Bucket is fixed, I really am noticing how much nicer of a bag it really is. I want an Alma but I plan to go vintage and have it repaired just so I can have that thicker, more luxurious canvas.
Does your date code start with OK?

Hi , good men and ladies, how are you guys doing?
I would like to ask a favor from anyone who is knowledgeable for the repairs of the LV cles missing hook.
attached is the piece if own with the missing hook, may I know if anyone knows how much would a replacement cost?
I've dialed the hotline but they aren't able to quote me a price. Thanks in advance!
2m2yzbp.jpg

I picked up my bag recently. Repairs took exactly 5 weeks. It is a Speedy 25 from 1996. One of the chaps broke from my using a shoulder strap with the bag, so I had all 4 replaced, as well as the side tabs, and a new zipper pull. Total cost was $390 + tax and well worth it, especially since the technician who worked on the bag apparently thought the piping was beyond salvaging and replaced it at no cost to me! I’m a Chanel junkie, and their customer service is bad to the point of being insulting, so such good service from LV delighted and stunned me. Here are a few pics. Ironically, despite not requesting it, the new piping, I think, makes the biggest difference. (I’m definitely not a fan of wrapping scarves or twillies around the handles of a Speedy, but they’re there temporarily until the new vachetta has a chance to develop a patina that more closely matches the handles. I didn’t think the contrast would bother me, but once I saw it in person it bothered me tremendously.)

Attachments

• 2762BD54-DA75-4B74-B262-2CE602A47D52.jpeg
    2762BD54-DA75-4B74-B262-2CE602A47D52.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 587
  • 9A317DEA-88EF-449B-8961-EBD4C6E98E3D.jpeg
    9A317DEA-88EF-449B-8961-EBD4C6E98E3D.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 589
  • 80530822-FC9E-4414-ABA9-43CE75890572.jpeg
    80530822-FC9E-4414-ABA9-43CE75890572.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 591
  • 6860FD07-531D-41F0-BCE4-77F9D306F542.jpeg
    6860FD07-531D-41F0-BCE4-77F9D306F542.jpeg
    192.4 KB · Views: 587
  • 765F3FBD-53CE-488A-B18C-0BB8DF466764.jpeg
    765F3FBD-53CE-488A-B18C-0BB8DF466764.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 580
I picked up my bag recently. Repairs took exactly 5 weeks. It is a Speedy 25 from 1996. One of the chaps broke from my using a shoulder strap with the bag, so I had all 4 replaced, as well as the side tabs, and a new zipper pull. Total cost was $390 + tax and well worth it, especially since the technician who worked on the bag apparently thought the piping was beyond salvaging and replaced it at no cost to me! I’m a Chanel junkie, and their customer service is bad to the point of being insulting, so such good service from LV delighted and stunned me. Here are a few pics. Ironically, despite not requesting it, the new piping, I think, makes the biggest difference. (I’m definitely not a fan of wrapping scarves or twillies around the handles of a Speedy, but they’re there temporarily until the new vachetta has a chance to develop a patina that more closely matches the handles. I didn’t think the contrast would bother me, but once I saw it in person it bothered me tremendously.)
It looks beautiful MM, great that they replaced the piping for you, not liking the handles being darker, the piping would have looked odd too but at least the handles can be covered easily. I don’t usually like twillys either but this looks pretty.

Reactions: Milosmum0307
I would like to ask a favor from anyone who is knowledgeable for the repairs of the LV cles missing hook.
attached is the piece if own with the missing hook, may I know if anyone knows how much would a replacement cost?
I've dialed the hotline but they aren't able to quote me a price. Thanks in advance!
2m2yzbp.jpg

It’s usually an in store free repair. Especially if you ask while making a purchase ...Good luck! [emoji4]

Hi all!
Anyone knows what happens if your DE canvas bag gets cracks or scratches in the canvas? can it be repaired after?
is there a way (eg glazing or maintenance of any kind) that can prevent it from happening?
I'm not into babying my bags, but can commit to a regular type of maintenance (like the service of the watches) to take care of it.

Hi all!
Anyone knows what happens if your DE canvas bag gets cracks or scratches in the canvas? can it be repaired after?
is there a way (eg glazing or maintenance of any kind) that can prevent it from happening?
I'm not into babying my bags, but can commit to a regular type of maintenance (like the service of the watches) to take care of it.
I recall if the canvas is cracked, LV would not accept it for repairs. At least this is what I was told

Reactions: TXLVlove
2m2yzbp.jpg
I just left mine for same repair as yours, and it was free of charge! [emoji4]