Mansur Gavriel MANSUR GAVRIEL General Chat Thread

Thanks, I check and see the measurements of the mini mini are
  • Height 20cm, width 15cm, depth 10cm
A kindle is quite compact at roughly 17cm x 12 cm. It appears it could fit upright (although the drawstring may not close fully) or even sideways angled a bit in the bag - I calculated the diagonal 'corner to corner' of the bag of 18 cm which is enough to clear the 17 cm of the kindle.

I was hoping if anyone could provide a visual? Any kindle + mini mini owners?

I usually only have a small card holder + keys + phone and sometimes a lip product or a blush. The Kindle is not carried every day however I have added ability to carry a kindle as a requirement on my bag purchases.
I don’t own one but might suggest a mini. I personally don’t like cramming things into my bag or being unable to close it. The mini is a great size.

Reactions: pumpkinem
I have a kindle but don't have any buckets anymore and mine definitely wouldn't have fit in the mini mini. I had a mini mini for a short time and I loved the idea of it but found it impractical. Mini would be a better option IMO.
I agree the mini is a more versitile size. I am torn as the colour combo I want (Camello/Sun) is on it's way out. I can only find it in stock in the mini mini on Selfridges.

I am really desiring this colour combo - the Rosa interior is not contrasting enough for my taste.

My everyday bags are a mini Givenchy Pandora and a mini AW Rockie (both in black, want something more tan) which amazingly fit a Kindle when needed and my other essentials (cardholder, 2 phones, keys) and I don't carry makeup besides 1 or 2 single items.

I agree the mini is a more versitile size. I am torn as the colour combo I want (Camello/Sun) is on it's way out. I can only find it in stock in the mini mini on Selfridges.

I am really desiring this colour combo - the Rosa interior is not contrasting enough for my taste.

My everyday bags are a mini Givenchy Pandora and a mini AW Rockie (both in black, want something more tan) which amazingly fit a Kindle when needed and my other essentials (cardholder, 2 phones, keys) and I don't carry makeup besides 1 or 2 single items.
I have the pandora and it fits a ton- this bag is definitely smaller. Sounds like you have made up your mind so just get what you love.

Hi all, what is the process for repairing a MG item? I have a bucket with peeling glazing and wondering how to go about getting it looked at by MG. It was purchased at Barneys. Normally I buy LV and I just take it to the store and at times they will repair for free. Not sure with MG as there is no free standing location near me. Should I take it back to Barneys? It was also a pre-loved item so I don't have original reciept but I do have the Barney tags. Many thanks.

Hi all, what is the process for repairing a MG item? I have a bucket with peeling glazing and wondering how to go about getting it looked at by MG. It was purchased at Barneys. Normally I buy LV and I just take it to the store and at times they will repair for free. Not sure with MG as there is no free standing location near me. Should I take it back to Barneys? It was also a pre-loved item so I don't have original reciept but I do have the Barney tags. Many thanks.
Per MG's website, "
All Mansur Gavriel products and materials are made in Italy. Your satisfaction is of great value to us, and we will repair any and all manufacturing defects in as timely a period as possible. Our vegetable tanned leather products are made with natural, untreated vegetable tanned leather. This means each skin is unique in its own specific coloring, markings, and striations, and the surface Is susceptible to scratching. variations in surface and scratching are not viewed as defects.
Manufacturing defects are assessed on a case by case basis with a valid proof of purchase from www.mansurgavriel.com or one of our authorized retailers. Faults presented within the first year of use will be considered and addressed as soon as possible. Mansur Gavriel product guarantee is valid for one year after purchase date.

".
It's not clear whether they will repair without proof of purchase from an authorized retailer after a year, or for a fee. I know they will do it within one year.

Do Mansur Gavriel bags ever go on sale, apart from during their sample sales? I live in Canada and been wanting to get a mini sun bag for a while but they are hard to find here and even less on sale. Was just wondering if US department store ever have sales on them?
I haven't paid attention to if Neiman Marcus or Bergdorf includes them in promotions. Your best bet is waiting for a good cashback discount (15-20% off which happened last weekend) or finding it at a smaller online boutique that may mark it down. Also check out 24 Sevres, sometimes they have a good cashback and a site wide discount.