Mansur Gavriel MANSUR GAVRIEL General Chat Thread

Oh yeh they're still good bags. It's just a shame the resale took such a dive. I lost alot when I went to resell they went for next to nothing :sad:
Not going to part with the last because of it even though I don't use it now.

I'm thinking of selling my MG bucket bag, I don't know where to start. Fashionphile? Ebay? Any thoughts?

I got a quote from Fashionphile and YoogisCloset 3 months ago and last week. I have a red mini bucket in very good condition and no scratches because I never used it. 3 months ago, Fashionphile offered $225 and YoogisCloset offered $190-210. Last week, I submitted another round and Fashionphile declined and YoogisCloset gave the same offer. I did pay $665 but I sold it anyway because I hated the bag so terribly that I wanted it out of my apartment. Since it is a contemporary brand and not a designer, don't expect to get much from selling but if it's sitting in your closet anyway, might as well get rid of it if it's in a great condition. The prices are as good as they get when the holiday season is coming up. Hope it helps!

Help I want to get a large tote but can't figure out the color either Caramelo or Brandy which one do you prefer and why?

Hi! I, personally, prefer Brandy because it has a reddish undertone that with time is only more visible. I love reddish browns! On the other hand, if what you are looking for is a more classic shade of brown (I say brown and not camel because eventually it darkens...like lv vachetta) then camel is the way to go.

I'm thinking of selling my MG bucket bag, I don't know where to start. Fashionphile? Ebay? Any thoughts?
I sold my great condition 1-year old bucket bag to Fashionphile less than 2 weeks ago. Only got paid for $200 as they are really not worth much even though I paid almost $700 for it. I hated the bag so I was fine to take the $200. If you can find a direct buyer maybe you'll get a little more $.

Reactions: lxrac
A lady at my office this morning asked me if my Mansur Gavriel small tote was a Coach bag and the bag snob in me died a little. The brands have very different, yet distinctive, aesthetics. I guess for people who don’t care about bags, all nice looking bags are Coach, lol.

One of my very junior staff who is in her early or mid 20s asked me in front of a big group of colleagues if my Chanel bag/earrings were Coach. You should have seen the horror on my face and how offended I was...it's not that Coach was bad but that everyone should kind of know Chanel, at least I thought so...the guys knew. I couldn't come up with a response because I was caught sooo off guard. The funniest part was that everyone else saw my face and started laughing at my reaction and how innocent the staff was. It wasn't anything condescending, it was just hilarious. There were a few people there who know Chanel so they responded for me. But ever since then, it has become an inside joke that no one is allowed to ever say I use Coach. Don't get me wrong at all, I actually do like Coach and I do still have 1 Coach mini bag. It was just funny how someone who doesn't know brands to actually ask about brands.

Last edited: