Help Us Select TPF's New Icon

I think the strongest/most successful icons are the ones that convey the message fastest to the widest audience. IMO, 80 or 88 could be successful if they were tweaked further.

My vote goes to this one! It is very cute, joyful and "easily understood" without being boring, nor did it resemble a onlinestore's shopping cart as much as the other two bag inspired icons! No risk that anyone will try to buy our bags! :amuse::giggle:

attachment_104236388.jpeg
Looking forward to seeing which one ends up as the winner! :flowers:

I was hoping for whimsical/charming plus intuitive but I don't see either quality in these. The one that looks best graphically is 88, but its connection to the concept "purse" is not intuitive.

View attachment 4338468
Of the choices I gravitated most towards this 1. The dialog Box creating the handle looks very streamlined. Would it be possible for this designer to make more iterations off of it? Possibly a winner could arrive from 1 of the variants.
additional thoughts as to why I like the icon above:

1) It functions well as a stencil due to its simple and clean design.

attachment_104236388.jpeg
This icon is also very nice but the 3D effect from the gradient and shading will be lost once it is used as a stencil.

Why is a strong stencil/outline important? We need this to look good across multiple uses i.e. superimposed on backgrounds, linked on blogs, etc.

additional thoughts as to why I like the icon above:

1) It functions well as a stencil due to its simple and clean design.

View attachment 4338601
This icon is also very nice but the 3D effect from the gradient and shading will be lost once it is used as a stencil.

Why is a strong stencil/outline important? We need this to look good across multiple uses i.e. superimposed on backgrounds, linked on blogs, etc.

The designer submitted this variation that shows different usage cases. To be honest, it resonated best with me as well.

Attachments

• attachment_104256214.jpg
    attachment_104256214.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 188