Massaccesi Handbags

My third shipment from Marco was shipped on January 21 and has been in transit since January 26. I'm probably being impatient, but I don't see that it's moved at all according to the Italian site. Am I being too anxious here?

My third shipment from Marco was shipped on January 21 and has been in transit since January 26. I'm probably being impatient, but I don't see that it's moved at all according to the Italian site. Am I being too anxious here?
Not at all!
Based on my experience, the Italian site won’t have new info after the package has transitioned to the regional delivery service. Does USPS show you any additional info?

I'm sorry your bag didn't live up to your expectation! I totally understand. The same thing happened to me. I made so many customizations to my bag that I was so nervous and excited the night before it was meant to arrive that I literally dreamt about it! When I ordered my Selene, it was much brighter than I expected, and it turns out that the name provided with my swatch was incorrect! At first I was disappointed, but after using it and matching it to my outfits, I realized a bright red is so much more style than a dark red, and is better for year-round use.

I like both your bubbled lamb and the washed lamb swatch! How does the leather feel? I honestly think your Calista looks really good in the bubbled texture. Jerome Dreyfuss uses this leather a lot, so to me it looks very Parisian chic. I get that you might have been looking for that more patina-ed look, which is also very cool. Perhaps emailing Marco and asking for clarification on the leather used and asking about the characteristics of the leather would help?

Worse comes to worst, you could list it on the BST! I think you would be able to find a buyer :smile:
I am happy to report my Calista has grown on me and I think the reference to Parisian chic helped! It reframed my thoughts on the bag and if I can just get my body to transform to a Parisian chic woman, I'm in business! I walk around saying "n'est-ca, pas?" now! Mostly to myself.....

I think expectations definitely came in to play and we always say that in my business when working with customers as it can make or break you. I was expecting something more like the photo but this isn't even close. I kind of wish it was what was in the photo and presented to me but I think I can live with it. Kind of takes away from the joy a little but for now, all is OK! Thanks, BBB19!

I came off ban island because I missed owning a Demetra (gave it to a friend because I knew it was in her favorite color) and had the opportunity to purchase this pre-loved one that is in awesome condition from a lovely lady...black merinos, dark gunmetal hardware, flat extended handles, exterior slip, and my only bag with marine lining!:View attachment 4331854View attachment 4331855
It's a wonderful tote for when I want to carry more than my Soulmate Midi can handle...

Oh, look at this Demetra! And it’s in my favorite combination: black leather with marine lining!

I am happy to report my Calista has grown on me and I think the reference to Parisian chic helped! It reframed my thoughts on the bag and if I can just get my body to transform to a Parisian chic woman, I'm in business! I walk around saying "n'est-ca, pas?" now! Mostly to myself.....

I think expectations definitely came in to play and we always say that in my business when working with customers as it can make or break you. I was expecting something more like the photo but this isn't even close. I kind of wish it was what was in the photo and presented to me but I think I can live with it. Kind of takes away from the joy a little but for now, all is OK! Thanks, BBB19!
Thank you all for your likes and wonderful comments on my pre-loved and still-loved Demetra!

In solidarity with @Bagmedic and since we don't have a "What Massaccesi are you carrying today" thread....here is my whiskey tuscania Calista, packed up for tomorrow, which I also was surprised at the size but love more than ever:20190207_180814.jpg

Thank you all for your likes and wonderful comments on my pre-loved and still-loved Demetra!

In solidarity with @Bagmedic and since we don't have a "What Massaccesi are you carrying today" thread....here is my whiskey tuscania Calista, packed up for tomorrow, which I also was surprised at the size but love more than ever:View attachment 4333928
I like the extra interest the zipper pocket has on your's. I didn't add this but like it on your smoother leather more than it would probably look on my more pebbled looking bag. They seem fairly close in color, though!

How do I check the USPS site with the tracking number from Marco?

Hi Eleanors36. My friend also had packages that showed Italian shipment but in “transit” since Jan. 26 w no updates. Today she got notice that it was now tracked via USPS New York. If Marco sent you an email, there is a website, and he also sends a tracking # in that email. That tracking number, at least for her, is the same for the Italian tracking and USPS tracking. She was starting to worry.. very happy it’s hit the USA.

Ladies, I finally took pictures of my goodies. Here they are. I love, love, looooove, the jeans blue in aquila matte. I wish I had discovered it earlier. It is perfect for a Selene midi. The cobalt washed lamb is a surprisingly light hue, but I love it. Both have light pink lining. Some how they look different in the puctures. They make a great pair! I just wish I had gotten a little penelope in a dark blue to make a complete set. Oh well. The other penelope in washed lamb is my perfect "natural leather color". It's such a nice contrast with the marine lining. I am also including another pic of my black vacchetta Angelica and her lovely light blue lining. The actual color is closer to a medium blue.20190207_205419.jpg20190207_205331.jpg20190207_205227.jpg20190207_205312.jpg20190207_121652.jpg20190207_121334.jpg20190207_205031.jpg20190207_121617.jpg20190207_204942.jpg20190207_121951.jpg

Last edited:
Ladies, I finally too pictures of my goodies. Here they are. I love, loce, looooove, the Jeans blue in aquila matte. I wish I had discovered it earlier. It is perfect for a Selene midi. The cobalt washed lamb is a surprisingly light hue, but I love it. Both have light pink lining. Some how they look different in the puctures. They make a great pair! I just wish I had gotten a little penelope in a dark blue to make a complete set. Oh well. The other penelope in washed lamb is my perfect "natural leather color". It's such a nice contrast with the marine lining. I am also including another pic of my black vacchetta Angelica and her lovely light blue lining. The actual color is closer to a medium blue.View attachment 4334005View attachment 4334006View attachment 4334007View attachment 4334008View attachment 4334012View attachment 4334013View attachment 4334014View attachment 4334015View attachment 4334016View attachment 4334017
Wow!! I love all kinds of blues and natural, so I am loving your pics, can't get enough, and the black vacchetta and light blue look fabulous, I wish I had gotten that combo...great job!!!

Ladies, I finally too pictures of my goodies. Here they are. I love, loce, looooove, the Jeans blue in aquila matte. I wish I had discovered it earlier. It is perfect for a Selene midi. The cobalt washed lamb is a surprisingly light hue, but I love it. Both have light pink lining. Some how they look different in the puctures. They make a great pair! I just wish I had gotten a little penelope in a dark blue to make a complete set. Oh well. The other penelope in washed lamb is my perfect "natural leather color". It's such a nice contrast with the marine lining. I am also including another pic of my black vacchetta Angelica and her lovely light blue lining. The actual color is closer to a medium blue.

They are all so very lovely. The linings go perfectly. That is not how I would picture cobalt but it is gorgeous. The Angelica is tdf in the vacchetta. [emoji7]

Reactions: carterazo