Goyard Artois

I know I am late to the party for this post, but thought there was still too little actual information about the Artois size comparison. I had the St. Louis and hated it, not the least of the reasons because its straps literally break and split (was told by Goyard that there is plastic or resin inside the leather of the strap at the base), and the lack of shape. I loved the idea of the Artois but, even after reading all these posts was confused about the size. I ended up ordering from Goyard Neiman's Chicago the red Artois MM (now $2645 +$25 delivery fee), and had the SA send me some photos to compare with the St. Louis. There are NO returns by mail, so had to be sure!
This is a comparison of the St. Louis PM (L) to the Artois MM (R). Also the SA holding each. The Artois this year looks "redder"; SA said that was because this year the white painted dots on the canvas didn't stand out as much...they wanted it to appear more "uniform" and blend better. I receive the Artois MM tomorrow...a bit apprehensive about the 19" wide at the top, but look forward to it! 20180701_134925_1530473267116.jpeg20180701_134940_1530473267054.jpeg 20180701_133751_1530473266976 2.jpeg

Hi
Just for size reference for anyone interested. Sorry for the bad lighting!
Photo 1 & 2 : Artois PM and St Louis PM
Photo 3 & 4 : LV Neverfull MM, Artois PM, Longchamp small
Thank you so much for posting this! I was actually going to take my Neverfull and Longchamp bag to the Goyard boutique this weekend to do this exact comparison. :smile: It's helpful to see the handle drops as well. You've helped me make up my mind that the PM would be perfect!! How do you like the St. Louis vs the Artois?

Thank you so much for posting this! I was actually going to take my Neverfull and Longchamp bag to the Goyard boutique this weekend to do this exact comparison. :smile: It's helpful to see the handle drops as well. You've helped me make up my mind that the PM would be perfect!! How do you like the St. Louis vs the Artois?
Glad its helpful :biggrin: There wasn't too much info on here or anywhere to compare. I definitely like Artois MUCH better. I prefer Artois size (smaller than Neverfull MM and bigger than the small Longchamp) and I can wear on shoulder which I could not do with St Louis. Artois strap is about same as NF MM-maybe tad longer but shorter than Longchamp. Artois is about $500 more than St Louis but I think well worth it.

Hi
This is so helpful! Thanks for posting these pictures. I have the LV Neverful but needed something with zippers for this weather we are having:smile:

Hi
Hi, I was wondering if the edges of the Artois ever soften up? I just received mine and I’m afraid it is so stiff, and the edges might bump into a person :smile::smile:
I’m used to the softness of the St. Louis I guess. I like how I can push the sides in on the St. Louis.

Hi, I was wondering if the edges of the Artois ever soften up? I just received mine and I’m afraid it is so stiff, and the edges might bump into a person :smile::smile:
I’m used to the softness of the St. Louis I guess. I like how I can push the sides in on the St. Louis.
Mine is pretty new also so I am not sure.. I am opposite though as I do like more structured bags so artois is perfect for me.

Mine is pretty new also so I am not sure.. I am opposite though as I do like more structured bags so artois is perfect for me.
Thank you! I like them for certain times, but for casual outfits, I feel like the the St. Louis is more comfortable. I just wish it had a zipper- that would be the best of both worlds :smile: