Hermes in Germany

FYI BADEN BADEN had so many goodies on display on Sat.
B25 Magnolia Togo SHW
B35 Black Epsom SHW
Mini Kelly in Magnolia Epsom SHW
Costance in Magnolia and Black
Jage Black

Tried on the B25, but didn't buy because the colour wasnt my cup of tea. They all had the 'Display Only' tag, but they still offered them to me. Definitely worth a try if you're nearby.
Display only aren't they?

I’m going to Baden Baden and Strasbourg next week. In a perfect world, I would get a k/b but I know better lol. So I’m looking for some boots and accessories. Which store has better stocks? Also, does anybody have a SA?

so I am playing with the idea of buying a Birkin. I am obsessed, but don’t have the money yet and have never held one. I was in munich recently and thought why not try check out the Hermès boutique just in case.
No lines, not even many customers. I went with a friend, dressed up, and we browsed some of the items. After a while a SA comes up and asks some questions, and I say that I wonder about size and weight of the Birkins, and that i need it as work bag etc. Then he brings two worn ones, their “show pieces”, and I immediately see that 30 is too small for me, and 40 might be a bit too doctor’s bag-ish. 35 it is. Then we wonder about colors and leathers and he refers us to his colleague who gives us long detailed advice and asks us if we want to order one. I cannot decide between bleu royal in epsom and Bleu encre in Togo, but know that I want golden hardware. My friend is brave enough to ask for a price, and it’s 8200€, independent of color or leather (unless it’s exotic).
BUT here we go: wait time is 2-3 years for it to be produced.
The SA was annoyed by the French headquarter which apparently never ships the bags they have and produces the ordered ones NOT feom France very slowly.
I said I had to think about the colors, but left wondering what I should do. Would I need to pay now to pick up a bag in 2 years? Or does one order and then wait? As I don’t have the money yet, it didn’t bother me but the whole experience seemed so different from the US stores? Any insights or comparisons?

so I am playing with the idea of buying a Birkin. I am obsessed, but don’t have the money yet and have never held one. I was in munich recently and thought why not try check out the Hermès boutique just in case.
No lines, not even many customers. I went with a friend, dressed up, and we browsed some of the items. After a while a SA comes up and asks some questions, and I say that I wonder about size and weight of the Birkins, and that i need it as work bag etc. Then he brings two worn ones, their “show pieces”, and I immediately see that 30 is too small for me, and 40 might be a bit too doctor’s bag-ish. 35 it is. Then we wonder about colors and leathers and he refers us to his colleague who gives us long detailed advice and asks us if we want to order one. I cannot decide between bleu royal in epsom and Bleu encre in Togo, but know that I want golden hardware. My friend is brave enough to ask for a price, and it’s 8200€, independent of color or leather (unless it’s exotic).
The SA was annoyed by the French headquarter which apparently never ships the bags they have and produces the ordered ones NOT feom France very slowly.
I said I had to think about the colors, but left wondering what I should do. Would I need to pay now to pick up a bag in 2 years? Or does one order and then wait? As I don’t have the money yet, it didn’t bother me but the whole experience seemed so different from the US stores? Any insights or comparisons?
There are many threads on this topic
If you do a search you may find
How to obtain birkin and Kelly
Info on shop in Germany USA
Saving funding for first H bag
Etc
You may like to read up and participate there
Enjoy exploring
Happy reading and excitement

Reactions: Fally420
There are many threads on this topic
If you do a search you may find
How to obtain birkin and Kelly
Info on shop in Germany USA
Saving funding for first H bag
Etc
You may like to read up and participate there
Enjoy exploring
Happy reading and excitement
Hi! It was more meant as a strange experience, and some very concrete question on when you pay and how much, and was wondering how it went for others. I posted it now in the Hermes in germany thread! Thank you!

Hi! It was more meant as a strange experience, and some very concrete question on when you pay and how much, and was wondering how it went for others. I posted it now in the Hermes in germany thread! Thank you!
Precisely take this time to read up while you're funding sufficient cash for your first h bag
The store telling you waiting time 2-3yrs is to access your spending history while deciding if they should give you that bag you wishing for
Building $$$ relationships
All the best

But I could have ordered right then and there without spending history, so it seems that was not the issue (if I have a written confirmed order they couldn’t cancel, right?); the SA seemed herself annoyed because she said it is suoer difficult to get good bags out of France because they service France first; seemed genuine. And which price would I pay if ordering now? the one she quoted, and would .I pay at ordering? or the one at pickup, even if higher?

Reactions: LisLys
Precisely take this time to read up while you're funding sufficient cash for your first h bag
The store telling you waiting time 2-3yrs is to access your spending history while deciding if they should give you that bag you wishing for
Building $$$ relationships
All the best
“strange experience” not for me as neebie but orecisely because it seemed so diffeent from the stories I hear about the US stores.

But I could have ordered right then and there without spending history, so it seems that was not the issue (if I have a written confirmed order they couldn’t cancel, right?); the SA seemed herself annoyed because she said it is suoer difficult to get good bags out of France because they service France first; seemed genuine. And which price would I pay if ordering now? the one she quoted, and would .I pay at ordering? or the one at pickup, even if higher?
There's is no such thing as firm order in Hermes
You only pay when they decided to offer you the bag
The price for that year

There's is no such thing as firm order in Hermes
You only pay when they decided to offer you the bag
The price for that year
That is why it was strange. She had a printed paper order form to fill out with me, I was asked to pick my leather, color and hardware, and she said I can place the order but it would be 2-3 year waiting for the bag to be produced. Some people have reported similar thigns from German boutiques, hence it seems to be a very different process there for some reason.

That is why it was strange. She had a printed paper order form to fill out with me, I was asked to pick my leather, color and hardware, and she said I can place the order but it would be 2-3 year waiting for the bag to be produced. Some people have reported similar thigns from German boutiques, hence it seems to be a very different process there for some reason.

Well, you'd have to take her at her word. You'd pay when you'd receive the bag and it would be the price then and not the price now.

Reactions: annapurse
Well, you'd have to take her at her word. You'd pay when you'd receive the bag and it would be the price then and not the price now.
I was wondering that. Since I would fill out and sign a written order form, I wondered if they wouldn’t make me pay right away, since otherwise people could just go an order Birkins and pick up only the first one that is ready?

I was wondering that. Since I would fill out and sign a written order form, I wondered if they wouldn’t make me pay right away, since otherwise people could just go an order Birkins and pick up only the first one that is ready?

You'd pay when you'd receive the bag and it would be the price then and not the price now.

Reactions: annapurse