Hermes in Germany

Annapurse, if you are new to Hermes I think you should First read a Little Bit of the Brand and how it can work etc.
if you wanted to get into H Information will help you
Nobody can Tell you 100% for sure how it really works because its different in every Country and in the cities too.
you will find your way to get into it with Time [emoji4]

Yeah, heard that about Vienna too. There is a thread here on tpf which discussed the Vienna store in a really bad way. Therefore it will not be an option for me. Also I don't want to fuss around and buy things I don't need. So it will be the pre-loved route (which is also not that easy) or an attempt in Salzburg for me.

I read about that and since then I have second thoughts about pre-loved.
Could you give me some tips how to ask for a B at Salzburg? I feel as if I am naive to go to an H store and asking straight (but surely in a polite and interested way) for this sought after bag as a walk-in.

I read about that and since then I have second thoughts about pre-loved.
Could you give me some tips how to ask for a B at Salzburg? I feel as if I am naive to go to an H store and asking straight (but surely in a polite and interested way) for this sought after bag as a walk-in.
The way it happened in Munich was us browsing some items and then a SA coming over, asking if he could be of help. I asked some very specific questions about leather weight and size of Birkins, and then he brought two out which were well worn and clearly their sample pieces. When we inquired about colors, he referred us to his colleague, we waited a bit, then she explained everything to us in detail, took her time and was incredibly nice. So I am not sure if asking directly when entering the store is the best way? But who knows ;)

Annapurse, if you are new to Hermes I think you should First read a Little Bit of the Brand and how it can work etc.
if you wanted to get into H Information will help you
Nobody can Tell you 100% for sure how it really works because its different in every Country and in the cities too.
you will find your way to get into it with Time [emoji4]
Of course! Thanks. And I have read a lot, but most of the info describes a very different process hence I was caught off guard.

Reactions: papertiger
so I am playing with the idea of buying a Birkin. I am obsessed, but don’t have the money yet and have never held one. I was in munich recently and thought why not try check out the Hermès boutique just in case.
No lines, not even many customers. I went with a friend, dressed up, and we browsed some of the items. After a while a SA comes up and asks some questions, and I say that I wonder about size and weight of the Birkins, and that i need it as work bag etc. Then he brings two worn ones, their “show pieces”, and I immediately see that 30 is too small for me, and 40 might be a bit too doctor’s bag-ish. 35 it is. Then we wonder about colors and leathers and he refers us to his colleague who gives us long detailed advice and asks us if we want to order one. I cannot decide between bleu royal in epsom and Bleu encre in Togo, but know that I want golden hardware. My friend is brave enough to ask for a price, and it’s 8200€, independent of color or leather (unless it’s exotic).
BUT here we go: wait time is 2-3 years for it to be produced.
The SA was annoyed by the French headquarter which apparently never ships the bags they have and produces the ordered ones NOT feom France very slowly.
I said I had to think about the colors, but left wondering what I should do. Would I need to pay now to pick up a bag in 2 years? Or does one order and then wait? As I don’t have the money yet, it didn’t bother me but the whole experience seemed so different from the US stores? Any insights or comparisons?

Your experience is totally normal for H stores in Germany.

I waited 1 year for my first B after they put me on the waiting list (this was 3 years ago; not the munich store).

I showed up regularly and bought a few smaller items like twillys, bracelets, belts and shoes.

Finding the right SA is most important.

I‘ve been to the munich H store a few times over the last 2 years and bought small items there so i didn‘t have a huge spending history when I visited again this summer (I‘m living 2h away).

I met a wonderful SA and she put me on the waiting list for a Kelly. She called me 2 weeks later and offered me the exact bag I wanted.

Needless to say that she is my fav SA now and I buy all my H items from her.

actually.... you seem to forget that she is talking about Munich, where the process works exactly as she described. How often have you been to Munich and how local are you? If Munich won't sell you a bag you won't be able to get to the SA who fills out the form with you, you won't even see her let alone getting her card. To make things short: @annapurse : does the last name of the Sa you were speaking to start with an Z?

I’ll defer to the German nationals on this. I’m from the US, and my insight was based on being offered Birkins in two boutiques in Germany as a tourist.

Reactions: obsessedwhermes
That is why it was strange. She had a printed paper order form to fill out with me, I was asked to pick my leather, color and hardware, and she said I can place the order but it would be 2-3 year waiting for the bag to be produced. Some people have reported similar thigns from German boutiques, hence it seems to be a very different process there for some reason.

It's not and order, as Hermès Boutiques in Germany don't take them anymore. It's called 'Wunsch' which means, 'Wish'. They write down your preferences, size, colour, leather, hardware and then you wait. When they call, informing you that your bag has arrived, you go to the store, have a look and buy it eventually if you like it.

ok, but how do they solve the problem that would arise from people ordering bags in multiple places? or not a problem since there are not enough bags going arond anyway so they could just sell the ones that are not picked up even if specific colors or combos?
no need to worry about that, if you don't want it and no one picks it up, they CAN always sell it to someone else.
After 2-3 yrs your birkin should be close to 9000euro, so just keep it in mind. If you really really want one i would suggest you write in down first. Orange always works mysteriously

Went to the store in Hamburg this week. The staff are friendly, though the SA was slightly pushy in the end on RTW, but nonetheless I didnt mind. store was not busy so maybe she needed to meet her target :smile: I did try to help but none of the shoes I liked were available in my size
Lots of great bags on the shelves, verrou, 2002, evelyn, lindy, cinetic etc
Good recommendation from the SA of a great restaurant nearby.
Overall experience has been very pleasant at the Hamburg H.

Hi Ladies,

I just want to let you know that I am still waiting for my Kelly :smile:. I visit the boutique sometimes and look at some things, and I bought a small leather good. Sadly I am not interested in much more than my bag :sad:. But I trust the lovely sales persons and think they will call me :smile:

Annapurse, I did the same „wishlist“ program :smile: