Hermes in Germany

You'd pay when you'd receive the bag and it would be the price then and not the price now.
ok, but how do they solve the problem that would arise from people ordering bags in multiple places? or not a problem since there are not enough bags going arond anyway so they could just sell the ones that are not picked up even if specific colors or combos?

haha maybe I am! I was just floored because she was ready to write my name down and all. Gave me her card if I had any other questions, and helped us pick out leathers and colors for an hour or so, I doubt she would then not order the bag? it was me who panicked and left.

So you did not order that bag? Then go back, they'll be there withing the next hour and order it ;)
I did not because I was afraid to ask whether I needed to pay right away when placing the order (which I couldn’t have), and because I couldnt decide between the two blues and leathers, so I left...I do have her card, though, and told her I would come back the next days.

hun, sorry no. I am not into colors. Perhaps you should browse the color sections here to get a picture how the bag will look in person. It's hard to tell from those tiny leatherrectangles you get.

yes totally! any advice on the color choice? or should I go to the blue section there?
It's really difficult to know what you are talking about. Half your story sounds as though she was getting your wish list/putting you on a waitlist and the other half sounds like a special order. However, special orders are generally only offered to the best standing clients so it would be very rare for a walk in to be offered such. And you say blue Encre was a choice for you but blue Encre was not on the special order available color list this year so you were not being offered a special order. In my opinion, the SA was trying to get you to select a combination that she would then put your name on the wishlist for. This is not an actual order. Your name would be on the list and then when a bag of that spec eventually comes in, they would go down the list and look at the names signed up for that combo and then assess their profile to determine who to actually offer the bag to. To even further confuse the situation, both blues you refer to are current seasonal colors and are unlikely to still be in active production "2-3 years" from now.

I believe the SA was trying to get you interested in the brand and the beautiful leather types available and was genuinely trying to recruit you as a client but in doing so probably mislead you a bit as to how the obtaining a Birkin process goes. In their mind, 2-3 years from now you are either a well established client, "worthy" of a Birkin offer, or you've fallen off the face of the earth and have forgotten about your birkin "order". The "France doesn't make enough bags to supply our store" tactic is a common excuse for why walkins can't purchase a bag that day.

It's really difficult to know what you are talking about. Half your story sounds as though she was getting your wish list/putting you on a waitlist and the other half sounds like a special order. However, special orders are generally only offered to the best standing clients so it would be very rare for a walk in to be offered such. And you say blue Encre was a choice for you but blue Encre was not on the special order available color list this year so you were not being offered a special order. In my opinion, the SA was trying to get you to select a combination that she would then put your name on the wishlist for. This is not an actual order. Your name would be on the list and then when a bag of that spec eventually comes in, they would go down the list and look at the names signed up for that combo and then assess their profile to determine who to actually offer the bag to. To even further confuse the situation, both blues you refer to are current seasonal colors and are unlikely to still be in active production "2-3 years" from now.

I believe the SA was trying to get you interested in the brand and the beautiful leather types available and was genuinely trying to recruit you as a client but in doing so probably mislead you a bit as to how the obtaining a Birkin process goes. In their mind, 2-3 years from now you are either a well established client, "worthy" of a Birkin offer, or you've fallen off the face of the earth and have forgotten about your birkin "order". The "France doesn't make enough bags to supply our store" tactic is a common excuse for why walkins can't purchase a bag that day.

Acrowcounted took the words out of my mouth. Keep shopping there, get to know the brand and your SA, and maybe in a year or two (depending on your purchase history), she might be able to offer you a Birkin/Kelly/Constance. Good luck!

actually.... you seem to forget that she is talking about Munich, where the process works exactly as she described. How often have you been to Munich and how local are you? If Munich won't sell you a bag you won't be able to get to the SA who fills out the form with you, you won't even see her let alone getting her card. To make things short: @annapurse : does the last name of the Sa you were speaking to start with an Z?

Reactions: annapurse
so is it possible to get a birkin as a walk in even though I would have to wait 2-3 years? I live between Munich and Vienna and in Vienna it is impossible, so maybe I should try Munich?

Yes, I don’t think it was a special order in the sense that I could have picked different linings etc... but it seemed possible to specify my leather, color and hardware choice to be made to order. Millivanilli: thanks for confirming - I thought Inwas going crazy ;)

so is it possible to get a birkin as a walk in even though I would have to wait 2-3 years? I live between Munich and Vienna and in Vienna it is impossible, so maybe I should try Munich?
It definitely seemed like it! I haven’t ordered yet, so I cannot guarantee, but it was all VERY serious, she had the pen and the form and the swatches all there.

Reactions: Fally420