Hello lovely Ferragamo people!

Has your experience with Farfetch been good overall? I've noticed that they advertise a lot of Ferragamo merchandise. But the sellers are really far-flung, in like Bulgaria.

There's a seller of Ferragamo merchandise on ebay that has piqued my curiosity. They post stock photos from the Ferragamo web site of new merchandise within days after it appears on the F web site. They are located in Secaucus, NJ which is where the company that handles shipping for F's web sales is located. They also sell goods from other designers and retailers. Their feedback is really bad. Are they an authorized seller? Or are they selling things that have, ahem, fallen on the warehouse floor?
I've always had great experiences with farfetch. I'm not sure the best way to explain it but consider it a host website that list items from boutiques overseas. Everything is authentic and I've always gotten everything in less than a week which is amazing for international purchases. I originally wanted to get two bags and a bracelet and the shipping kicked up to $40 dropped the bracelet and it went back down to $10. I think that it was high because all three items were shipping from 3 different stores/countries. It was delivered by DHL and returns are free. You schedule a appointment with them for pick up. The first time I returned to them I was nervous because you're supposed to leave the box open but it went smoothly. The guy had to check both boxes to make sure the items were in there. And all of the paperwork like the label and international shipping documents come along with the item. This bag was just too small. Here it's compared to my TB WOC which is the perfect size small bag for me. If it was only just a little bit bigger. Both bags came with their boxes, dust bags, and cards. 20181102_100821.jpg20181102_100903.jpg20181102_100916.jpg

Spotted your FarFetch question while browsing!

Not a Ferragamo buyer, but I frequently buy with FarFetch. I’m in the UK and I’ve had things smoothly delivered from the UK, other European countries, the US, and even Kuwait via FarFetch, no problems at all.

Free returns of any unwanted items/wrong sizes etc (I often order two sizes for choice) have been straightforward too. Minor technical glitches occasionally in booking the return collection online or through the app, but quickly resolved with a phone call or email.

At least from the UK, and probably for elsewhere I think, the prices shown include all import duties/taxes, all of which are automatically refunded upon return, if you need a refund.

You just have to remember to book in the return in good time, because they have to receive it back within two weeks of your receipt of the goods.

A couple of times I’ve had items with minor flaws and there were no problems or quibbles about a swift return.

Careful when you buy to check the item you want is not also available at different prices from different sources on FarFetch — it’s basically a company linking different independent boutiques worldwide so prices can vary for the same item.

Thank you for all the FarFetched tips! I'll give them a try. My concern has been returns, and shipping them back to like Lithuania. Our USPS is slow with international mail. But considering the degree to which some of the prices are discounted it's worth a shot. Thank you! :tup:

I've always had great experiences with farfetch. I'm not sure the best way to explain it but consider it a host website that list items from boutiques overseas. Everything is authentic and I've always gotten everything in less than a week which is amazing for international purchases. I originally wanted to get two bags and a bracelet and the shipping kicked up to $40 dropped the bracelet and it went back down to $10. I think that it was high because all three items were shipping from 3 different stores/countries. It was delivered by DHL and returns are free. You schedule a appointment with them for pick up. The first time I returned to them I was nervous because you're supposed to leave the box open but it went smoothly. The guy had to check both boxes to make sure the items were in there. And all of the paperwork like the label and international shipping documents come along with the item. This bag was just too small. Here it's compared to my TB WOC which is the perfect size small bag for me. If it was only just a little bit bigger. Both bags came with their boxes, dust bags, and cards. View attachment 4241441View attachment 4241442View attachment 4241443

Yow! I LOVE that purse! Are you going to order a larger size? I can see what you mean about it being just a few inches shy of being the perfect size.

Thank you for describing your experiences with FarFetch. The overseas boutiques list items I haven't seen in other web outlets for Ferragamo which makes them attractive in addition to the prices that are slightly lower than full retail.

Of course I don't really need anything more, but it's fun looking!

Thank you for all the FarFetched tips! I'll give them a try. My concern has been returns, and shipping them back to like Lithuania. Our USPS is slow with international mail. But considering the degree to which some of the prices are discounted it's worth a shot. Thank you! :tup:

There’s no problem with returns, they handle it all. It’s down to them, as long as you book the return collection in good time. They use DHL from my location in the UK. I would suggest that you always book the return as quickly as you can, ideally within a day or two of you receiving the order, and after that, it’s up to them because it’s all on their account. They’re a good company, I wouldn’t worry. They would sort out any problems as long as you communicate with them swiftly.

Reactions: BigPurseSue
I'm itching for this sale to come!
My wallet still hasn't shipped and I'm really itching for a couple Ferragamo pieces!
I'm going go look at prices on far-fetch tonight just to see if there's any deals. I'm located in the USA so it always worries me when I have to order from other countries.

Yow! I LOVE that purse! Are you going to order a larger size? I can see what you mean about it being just a few inches shy of being the perfect size.

Thank you for describing your experiences with FarFetch. The overseas boutiques list items I haven't seen in other web outlets for Ferragamo which makes them attractive in addition to the prices that are slightly lower than full retail.

Of course I don't really need anything more, but it's fun looking!
They were so close to perfect and I grabbed both red and navy. Both on sale and a extra coupon code for sale items made it about 660 for both bags one bag here is $750ish. So it was too good to pass up when I converted the measurements it sounded like it would work. If it wasn't for the sale I wouldn't have gotten them. I will get another one in a larger size. But I'll wait until I find good sale or maybe next spring when I get my spring time bonus. I have a lot going on for the holidays trip wise. I have seen some items on farfetch that I don't see here. I just figure it's a possible exclusive to that the country.

Reactions: DaBish
They were so close to perfect and I grabbed both red and navy. Both on sale and a extra coupon code for sale items made it about 660 for both bags one bag here is $750ish. So it was too good to pass up when I converted the measurements it sounded like it would work. If it wasn't for the sale I wouldn't have gotten them. I will get another one in a larger size. But I'll wait until I find good sale or maybe next spring when I get my spring time bonus. I have a lot going on for the holidays trip wise. I have seen some items on farfetch that I don't see here. I just figure it's a possible exclusive to that the country.
I should've ordered that red one. I really love it. Can you post the link to it, I'd like to get it on sale too ! I think i can still cancel my pink one because it hasn't even shipped yet .

I should've ordered that red one. I really love it. Can you post the link to it, I'd like to get it on sale too ! I think i can still cancel my pink one because it hasn't even shipped yet .

[URL]https://www.farfetch.com/shopping/women/salvatore-ferragamo-vara-bow-mini-bag-item-12118327.aspx I don’t know when it will pop back up online. Since they picked it up on Friday maybe towards the end of the week. Just keep a eye out. I don’t know if they still have the coupon code for sale items going on right now. [/URL]

Reactions: DaBish