Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like having the debit card too but this bums me out. I don’t blame Nordstrom as they sold their card business to a credit card company and of course they want to encourage people to have the credit card to make money but still...for Nordstrom it means less loyalty from me and more of a reason for me to shop elsewhere for best price/****** cash back, etc.
Agree. I don't shop at Rack, and got the debit card a few years ago so I could shop Anniversary Sale early. The handling of the sale, and price drops so soon afterwards were big turns offs for me, and very little of the merchandise interested me this year . The departure from E bate s was disappointing as well. I will continue to keep the debit card, but the point program is not that enticing for me. I do better at sales at Shopbop, Neimans or other retailers. I do think when the store finally opens in NYC, my interest will pick up again, as I'll be able to shop more in person, or to take advantage of alterations and other perks.

Reactions: p3b
Has anyone had their NAS puffer coat "whisker?" I thought it was lint but it's the synthetic filling peeking out thru the coat's poly shell. I searched online to see if anyone else has had this happen but only find results for feather / down fillings. Any solutions or ideas? I can't return it bc it's from last yr's sale so I bought another on this yr's NAS but a bit afraid the problem might happen again. Help?!

Did anyone else besides me get an email from Nordstrom about the NAS Zella leggings not living up to their quality standards? I’ve not worn mine yet but I’m trying to figure out what the issues are, so that I can decide whether to return or exchange.

I got the same email. I bought a ton of Zella leggings from the sale. I wish they would tell us which style they are referring to. I worn a couple of them out and about and they seem fine to me.

I did not get the email either- I bought 2 pair of the ones listed at the beginning of this thread by Megs:
Zella Live In High Waist Leggings

Since I bought so many Lysee, Beyond Yoga, Nike and a few Sweaty Betty leggings/loungers during the NAS, I am going to return the Zella which are pristine and still in the mfr wrapper. Not just because of doubt about quality but also because I do not really need them.

I appreciate the information relayed in this thread- it really helps all of us as a community.

This is the Zella email that I got:

At Nordstrom, the quality of our products is a top priority. We
want to let you know about a product quality issue related
to some of our Zella leggings. We've learned that a subset of
our style was not produced in our tried and true, soft-brushed
quality material.

As soon as we became aware of the situation, we pulled the
potentially impacted products from our inventory. We're reaching
out because our records show you may have purchased this
product from Nordstrom or Nordstrom.com.

We know you have a lot of choices when it comes to where you
shop, and high expectations related to the quality of the products
you purchase. We want to deliver on those expectations and we're
sorry this recent purchase may have fallen short.

If you're not satisfied with your Zella leggings, we encourage
you to exchange or return them at any Nordstrom store or
through Nordstrom.com. We're confident in the quality of our
available product and want you to receive a legging you love.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 1.800.804.0806
or email [email protected]

We hope you'll accept our apologies for any inconvenience
this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Jen Jackson Brown
President
Nordstrom Product Group

In addition to those benefits, Icon status kicks off with a 10 point day and VIP parties with a gift. View attachment 4205176

I didn't receive an email about this, but I was notified by mail. I get a little frustrated about events at a store. I live over 90 minutes from a store and rarely take advantage of the spa day because the store by me doesn't have a spa. So I have to go to a different city for the spa. I wish someone at Nordstrom would come up with something special for those of us who cannot get to a store.

This is the Zella email that I got:

At Nordstrom, the quality of our products is a top priority. We
want to let you know about a product quality issue related
to some of our Zella leggings. We've learned that a subset of
our style was not produced in our tried and true, soft-brushed
quality material.

As soon as we became aware of the situation, we pulled the
potentially impacted products from our inventory. We're reaching
out because our records show you may have purchased this
product from Nordstrom or Nordstrom.com.

We know you have a lot of choices when it comes to where you
shop, and high expectations related to the quality of the products
you purchase. We want to deliver on those expectations and we're
sorry this recent purchase may have fallen short.

If you're not satisfied with your Zella leggings, we encourage
you to exchange or return them at any Nordstrom store or
through Nordstrom.com. We're confident in the quality of our
available product and want you to receive a legging you love.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 1.800.804.0806
or email [email protected]

We hope you'll accept our apologies for any inconvenience
this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Jen Jackson Brown
President
Nordstrom Product Group
Thank you- I just called the 800 # in the email and was told the ones I bought are the style being recalled. Apparently the leggings are causing chafing/discomfort maybe even a reaction in sensitive people. So I was told to please return them. So it maybe the fabric or the way it was treated is causing skin reactions in some people. I was told do not take chances- just return. But if I had not read your kind post mentioning this, I would have never known because I never got the warning. Not good. Back they go posthaste.

Last edited:
Thank you- I just called the 800 # in the email and was told the ones I bought are the style being recalled. Apparently the leggings are causing chafing/discomfort maybe even a reaction in sensitive people. So I was told to please return them. So it maybe the fabric or the way it was treated is causing skin reactions in some people. I was told do not take chances- just return. But if I had not read your kind post mentioning this, I would have never known because I never got the warning. Not good. Back they go posthaste.

Thanks for the info! Which style did you get? I have sensitive skin, so I want to avoid a potential bad reaction.

The dress was not bought during the anniversary sale, but the booties were part of the sale.
I didn’t see a Nordstrom thread, but I was excited to get this dress and pair it with the AGL booties.
My naughty schoolgirl dress[emoji12]. Belted and unbelted. The shoulders and chest area are tight. IMG_1538624821.304770.jpgIMG_1538624832.889212.jpg

Thanks for the info! Which style did you get? I have sensitive skin, so I want to avoid a potential bad reaction.
The ones listed at the beginning of the thread. The Zella High Waist Live-In Leggings. I bought the long length but the crop may also have issues. I would call the 800# if you have any doubts- they can look up the order and tell you if the style you bought is recalled.

What is unusual in this case is that this is a recall for possible health concerns with a Nordstrom product. I hope others will return theirs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.