Scarves Love it then leave it ,how do you curate your scarf collection?

Well, I share a love of all things medieval with @Living.la.vida.fifi, and have amassed plenty of medieval-themed H scarves. Now that I really have too many scarves (gulp!), I have begun to realize that I don't need to have EVERY knight in shining armor that H made.
Theatrical themes are also a must for me, so I need the Midsummer Night's Dream piece. Yet so far I have resisted Pierrot, La danse, and probably some other theatrical scarves.
Anyone else have a theme obsession?

Mythical animals. Hence the rather obsessive collex of phoenixes. I have to resist a lot of maritime scarves because they tend to feature dragons or merpeople or other fantasy creature in the corners. Must also confess that every time you show Normands on SOTD, you test my resolve - those dragons!

Same here with xincinsin...animals in general. Cats in particular. Mythical animals. I also have taken a liking to sea and water themes. I had really liked the bright CW of Favalosa from the spring but since I had CW 01 of Jaguar, decided against it. Now that I have purple jaguar, I may be able to chop and change and get the bright Favalosa. We'll see. I still think I'd like it better as a pocket square but that didn't happen for Fall.

Last edited:
I'm a very visual person, so it's all about the color. But I've also found that once one purchases a certain number of H scarves, the patterns and themes start to repeat. Maybe that's why I haven't purchased one in a about 3 years. But I do see a couple I'd like to add to my existing collection:
HSC1.jpg
Also I've found that after amassing a certain number, at least a couple are always away at the cleaners (LOL).

I'm a very visual person, so it's all about the color. But I've also found that once one purchases a certain number of H scarves, the patterns and themes start to repeat. Maybe that's why I haven't purchased one in a about 3 years. But I do see a couple I'd like to add to my existing collection:
View attachment 4124371
Also I've found that after amassing a certain number, at least a couple are always away at the cleaners (LOL).

A luscious pile of silk! Every now and then I think it would be fun to take everything out like that, but the clean up factor would be a real chore....

I'm currently in the midst of another aspect of curation and that is what I call the "admisnistration" phase.

I have a lot of scarves. I don't really want to go over a certain number for some years if ever. So now I am going through my list and trying to compare how when and where the scarves I bought relate to their longevity in my collection. As in...am I more likely to get tired of something I found on eBay and rehome it than something I bought new or is it just about the same? I'm sworn off eBay for now. I carefully did not swear off H.com.

View attachment 4124371

Wow colors!!!!!

I only have 30, so it's not that bad. But I figured, sort these out, send them in batches to the dry cleaners, and then start on amassing the next 30!
I'd like to go back to the days when I couldn't find a scarf to match my outfit. (First world problem?)
My recent drive to catalogue my scarves has left me pondering my needs.
Perhaps I should philosophically pare down to 42... one can dream...

I'd like to go back to the days when I couldn't find a scarf to match my outfit. (First world problem?)
My recent drive to catalogue my scarves has left me pondering my needs.
Perhaps I should philosophically pare down to 42... one can dream...
No, no! Savor every single one! I will still be wearing my H scarves when I'm 95! And I'm not giving away a single one! When I'm gone, my 2 nieces (or by then, my grandnieces) can sort them out, along with my handbags and shoes.
I'm sure they won't complain!

They don't protect from mould either, which is a concern in high humidity. In fact, I've had a couple of boxes develop spots inside, whether from age or other causes. I'm currently transitioning out of boxes and testing alternative storage. I used to buy MaiTai's scarf storage folder but that design is defunct now.
I would like to hear what you finally decide on for storage. :flowers:

Same here with xincinsin...animals in general. Cats in particular. Mythical animals. I also have taken a liking to sea and water themes. I had really liked the bright CW of Favalosa from the spring but since I had CW 01 of Jaguar, decided against it. Now that I have purple jaguar, I may be able to chop and change and get the bright Favalosa. We'll see. I still think I'd like it better as a pocket square but that didn't happen for Fall.
Hm. I like the sea and the underwater themes. Mythological creatures yes, but I don't think I like actual animals, though, in designs. Huskies are OK. I must ponder this! No Jaguar Q, no Tyger tyger, no Baobobcat, no jungle love, no Panthera. I have Cave Felem only for the pun (and the mouse and the mosaics).

I'm currently in the midst of another aspect of curation and that is what I call the "admisnistration" phase.

I have a lot of scarves. I don't really want to go over a certain number for some years if ever. So now I am going through my list and trying to compare how when and where the scarves I bought relate to their longevity in my collection. As in...am I more likely to get tired of something I found on eBay and rehome it than something I bought new or is it just about the same? I'm sworn off eBay for now. I carefully did not swear off H.com.
This is an interesting aspect of administrating. Often I find a stretch of time (a month or two) where I haven't kept anything I bought, meaning that I was doing impulse shopping for distraction or something.
I am still trying to cull scarves that repeat the same color/pattern/function/attitude. Too many to make a big pile, though, like @dooneybaby, but that would be a good start, LOL!