Chanel Mini SS18 Act II

I’ve have my brand new mini for only a couple of weeks, used it a handful of times and one side is already softening and loosing its shape :sad: You can tell in the left photo that side is still structured. But the right photo is where it’s much softer and distorted.

I don’t overstuff my bag, always take my items out at the end of the day, and use tissue paper when stored.

I did have onnnnne accident the other day which might be the reason for the distortion ... my water bottle tipped in my car and spilled onto my passenger car seat. My mini was sitting in a slight puddle of water for ~15min. Ugh ....

Is there anything I can do?

It could very well be that the water caused this, however Id rather expect a water stain on the bottom than a deformation of the side.

If I may say so I think its hardly noticable, and who compares both sides of your bag? probably noone except you ;)

These things may happen, and if it reassures you: I had a worse accident with mine - i dropped it on its very first day out and caused tiny hair scratches on the turnnkob of the lock. I cried for 2 days! lol. And that can be seen - your "issue" - if it even is one, is not. Dont beat yourself up about it, its a bag, you are going to use it and things happen - thats the most comforting thing someone else on here told me when i was so upset about my incident.

its a drop dead gorgeous bag, enjoy it!!

It could very well be that the water caused this, however Id rather expect a water stain on the bottom than a deformation of the side.

If I may say so I think its hardly noticable, and who compares both sides of your bag? probably noone except you ;)

These things may happen, and if it reassures you: I had a worse accident with mine - i dropped it on its very first day out and caused tiny hair scratches on the turnnkob of the lock. I cried for 2 days! lol. And that can be seen - your "issue" - if it even is one, is not. Dont beat yourself up about it, its a bag, you are going to use it and things happen - thats the most comforting thing someone else on here told me when i was so upset about my incident.

its a drop dead gorgeous bag, enjoy it!!

Thanks for the reassurance! ❤️ I read your post about when you dropped your bag - ouch! I feel your pain!!

I was more worried about water stains but thankfully not a stain in sight. It’s totally me over analyzing every little thing about the bag. But I guess now that it’s officially “broken-in” I’ll give it more love :smile:

Reactions: mungoo33
I’ve have my brand new mini for only a couple of weeks, used it a handful of times and one side is already softening and loosing its shape :sad: You can tell in the left photo that side is still structured. But the right photo is where it’s much softer and distorted.

I don’t overstuff my bag, always take my items out at the end of the day, and use tissue paper when stored.

I did have onnnnne accident the other day which might be the reason for the distortion ... my water bottle tipped in my car and spilled onto my passenger car seat. My mini was sitting in a slight puddle of water for ~15min. Ugh ....

Is there anything I can do?
Actually these sides look better than my fuschia mini i got last year...and i’m not bothered.. unless it’s a busted stitch or like ( which will affect the integrity of the bag later).. I figure why will i stare at my bag so close so as to see “imperfections”.. there are acceptable variations IMO.. ( i don’t even check alignments or quilts, hehe... but all my bags are from boutique so i don’t need to authenticate)..If one buys these to use, how perfect will they be in 5 years? Enjoy your mini.. no matter a lot of ladies call their bags “babies”, they are not :graucho:

Hi everyone! Allow me to repost photos of my new grey mini! All the “faded black” comments kept getting to me in the beginning to the point where I was considering returning it, but honestly it just looks like a shiny very dark grey to me in most lighting. It’s got a subtle metallic sheen, and looks silvery when close to a light source like the sun! And yes, sometimes black in dim lighting. Anyway, I love it so that’s what matters! One of the photos is of it next to my black boy to compare.
C65AF3F8-018B-46C0-8C84-EF9DCDBD64BB.jpeg 7FD923EE-AC10-40A1-B62B-63E1ED899285.jpeg 87C5DA3B-5C1B-4DAD-96BF-C68E99D36213.jpeg 05E7340D-72FF-414E-AAC4-85C00FC952C2.jpeg

Hi everyone! Allow me to repost photos of my new grey mini! All the “faded black” comments kept getting to me in the beginning to the point where I was considering returning it, but honestly it just looks like a shiny very dark grey to me in most lighting. It’s got a subtle metallic sheen, and looks silvery when close to a light source like the sun! And yes, sometimes black in dim lighting. Anyway, I love it so that’s what matters! One of the photos is of it next to my black boy to compare.
View attachment 4031958 View attachment 4031959 View attachment 4031960 View attachment 4031961

It’s a gorgeous mini! [emoji7][emoji7] I adore the color, it doesn’t look faded black at all! And i love how it’s paired with the LGHW! Congrats again on such a rare find!

Hi ladies, I am thinking of getting either the navy caviar mini or navy patent mini. Which one should I go for? I haven't owned patent bags before are they more durable than caviar leather? thanks :smile:

I have a black patent classic flap and it is extremely durable. The color is shiny and vibrant and you don't have to worry about it in the rain. I have traveled with it and it still looks New. Caviar is beautiful too but a little more delicate. I would go with the bag you like better and think you will use more.

Hi ladies, I am thinking of getting either the navy caviar mini or navy patent mini. Which one should I go for? I haven't owned patent bags before are they more durable than caviar leather? thanks :smile:
I recalled couple of SAs mentioned humidity and hot climates not good patent leathers.

Most of my bags are in caviar except for one with metallic smooth calfskin. So caviar is my vote. Good luck with your decision. See your reveal soon.

Just wanted to post more photos of my grey mini in different lighting! I love my mini!
Indirect sunlight in the morning
View attachment 4032953
Indirect sunlight in the afternoon
View attachment 4032956
Fluorescent lighting
View attachment 4032954
Awkward mod, sorry! People were walking around and I tried to snap pics on the sly. Lol!
View attachment 4032955
It’s gorgeous. The first two pictures look very much like the mini dark blue I have seen in real life. It does has a different shades under different lighting. Big congratz!

Reactions: Breadnbrie