Chanel Mini SS18 Act II

Finally get my hands on mini lambskin in light gold hardware. I post it here to give others more pics of the lambskin one this season as not many reference here. It’s shiny but less puffy than other seasons. Still it’s a gorgeous mini and I prefer this than the caviar one. Although I’m hunting the caviar but in different color now

07BB4C73-390C-4926-98AC-83C17E43287B.jpeg9EFB6324-D27C-4654-9A7E-B0E7ACB2194B.jpeg 72F850D5-2F4D-4733-9732-D1EDA21631C0.jpeg

I just bought one from Chanel in London! It’s my first caviar mini and I haven’t come across the green caviar mini from this season so can’t say for sure but it doesn’t seem to have any extra coating to me.

I do have a caviar ML flap with SHW (from last year) and compared to that, the caviar for this new mini seems softer (less plasticky?). But I’ve heard Chanel uses different leathers for their classic double flaps than for their mini flaps so not sure if this is a good comparison. But next time I go into Chanel I can try to look for their green caviar SLGs to compare.

Thank you very much for getting back to me. I saw ur new mini and it is beautiful! Congrats.

Reactions: eckw
I have used my baby for a few times now and looove it. it holds so much!

I am surprised though by how quickly the CC lock scratches - I mean i just USE the bag, full stop, but I try to protect it whenever I walk past ppl or am on the train/bus etc. - way more then what I usually do, because Im the kind of person who squeezes through the tiniest spaces when its crowded as i am always in a hurry.

Has anyone else noticed this? Theres hairline scratches on my cc and turnnknob although is swear to god I didnt drop it (again, ha!) or scratched it. It must just be from using it. I am fine with it and I dont mind because I do not want this to be a museums piece - it just surpised me. Anyone else have any input on this or noticed the same with the very shiny hardware? I mean it makes SENSE, my FURLA metropolis has the same kind of super shiny hardware and it looks the same by now..

I have used my baby for a few times now and looove it. it holds so much!

I am surprised though by how quickly the CC lock scratches - I mean i just USE the bag, full stop, but I try to protect it whenever I walk past ppl or am on the train/bus etc. - way more then what I usually do, because Im the kind of person who squeezes through the tiniest spaces when its crowded as i am always in a hurry.

Has anyone else noticed this? Theres hairline scratches on my cc and turnnknob although is swear to god I didnt drop it (again, ha!) or scratched it. It must just be from using it. I am fine with it and I dont mind because I do not want this to be a museums piece - it just surpised me. Anyone else have any input on this or noticed the same with the very shiny hardware? I mean it makes SENSE, my FURLA metropolis has the same kind of super shiny hardware and it looks the same by now..
No I didn't notice. I kinda just stop noticing the wear and tear in general unless it's a huge scratch (like the time my cat scratched my Celine belt bag omfg :doh:)

Reactions: katlina
I just bought one from Chanel in London! It’s my first caviar mini and I haven’t come across the green caviar mini from this season so can’t say for sure but it doesn’t seem to have any extra coating to me.

I do have a caviar ML flap with SHW (from last year) and compared to that, the caviar for this new mini seems softer (less plasticky?). But I’ve heard Chanel uses different leathers for their classic double flaps than for their mini flaps so not sure if this is a good comparison. But next time I go into Chanel I can try to look for their green caviar SLGs to compare.
Yes the leather this season is softer and treated with a special coating to make "shiny caviar." I have heard that this type of softer caviar won't maintain its structure / shape after a few years of use, but I guess we just have to be more careful with stuffing it and not over burdening with stuff inside. The leather is so soft, it's worth it!

Reactions: vivaciousbev1
Yes the leather this season is softer and treated with a special coating to make "shiny caviar." I have heard that this type of softer caviar won't maintain its structure / shape after a few years of use, but I guess we just have to be more careful with stuffing it and not over burdening with stuff inside. The leather is so soft, it's worth it!
Do you know if this season caviar is more fragile or as durable in terms of peeling? I saw and heard some have the leather peeled off already. I am trying to get my hands on one

omg, cats.... my frriends cat once ruined my brand new leather jacket by digging both claws into it and RIPPING it to pieces. guess the soft lambskin was too yummy lol!
regarding the caviar: I dont think it will peel or be fragile etc.

@pinkrose398

I wonder: How DOES a bag loose its shape? the bigger ones, yes, if they stand without a filling they probably sink in and have a crease. but the minis - how would it be possible for them to loose their shape, what do you think? I only put the chanel white paper back inside every night, pull the chains inside, the felt lining over the bottom front and thats it. cant stuff it more lol

Do you know if this season caviar is more fragile or as durable in terms of peeling? I saw and heard some have the leather peeled off already. I am trying to get my hands on one
I haven't had issues with mine peeling. I've used it maybe twice though, and I'm pretty careful with it. Do you know if it's like peeling more near the seams / corners, or is it more like on the bigger areas of leather?

omg, cats.... my frriends cat once ruined my brand new leather jacket by digging both claws into it and RIPPING it to pieces. guess the soft lambskin was too yummy lol!
regarding the caviar: I dont think it will peel or be fragile etc.

@pinkrose398

I wonder: How DOES a bag loose its shape? the bigger ones, yes, if they stand without a filling they probably sink in and have a crease. but the minis - how would it be possible for them to loose their shape, what do you think? I only put the chanel white paper back inside every night, pull the chains inside, the felt lining over the bottom front and thats it. cant stuff it more lol
It can lose its shape if 1) you don't stuff it properly, the chain is pretty heavy the top of the bag might collapse or lean over over time, especially if you don't use it often, or 2) you overstuff when you use it, and then the leather stretches out, loosing its stiffness, and then it softens and collapses. I think the way you've been storing your bags is fine.

Reactions: mal
It can lose its shape if 1) you don't stuff it properly, the chain is pretty heavy the top of the bag might collapse or lean over over time, especially if you don't use it often, or 2) you overstuff when you use it, and then the leather stretches out, loosing its stiffness, and then it softens and collapses. I think the way you've been storing your bags is fine.

I think with lambskin yes, with caviar I cant picutre the handle being too heavy.. but yes, I guess wed better be as careful as we can..

regarding peeling: I never heard of this, I really dont think this seasons leather would peel more or less than any other seasons? Dont worry.. ;)

I haven't had issues with mine peeling. I've used it maybe twice though, and I'm pretty careful with it. Do you know if it's like peeling more near the seams / corners, or is it more like on the bigger areas of leather?
Glad to hear that. I saw a peeling in the boutique. I was not really sure was it peeled off or scuffed. Looked like scuff but SA said peeled off. I could see the raw skin. He advised me not to buy it. It’s around half cm from the edge on the top side

I’ve have my brand new mini for only a couple of weeks, used it a handful of times and one side is already softening and loosing its shape :sad: You can tell in the left photo that side is still structured. But the right photo is where it’s much softer and distorted.

I don’t overstuff my bag, always take my items out at the end of the day, and use tissue paper when stored.

I did have onnnnne accident the other day which might be the reason for the distortion ... my water bottle tipped in my car and spilled onto my passenger car seat. My mini was sitting in a slight puddle of water for ~15min. Ugh ....

Is there anything I can do?

Attachments

• 5C94D02F-5E6F-407F-BC6B-22213085A778.jpeg
    5C94D02F-5E6F-407F-BC6B-22213085A778.jpeg
    281.4 KB · Views: 1,227