Chanel Mini SS18 Act II

URGENT! Guys whats the difference between calfskin leather and caviar leather?
Hello @cookiesvi , not sure if my understanding is accurate but I believe calfskin is much more durable than lambskin but it can be smooth or wrinkled like on the reissues. Also I was told that caviar is grained calfskin not sure it that is true but all it means is that it has a pebbled effect and it's treated in a manner that makes it more durable than the other two leathers. Hope this was helpful.

Reactions: GeorginaLavender
Hello @cookiesvi , not sure if my understanding is accurate but I believe calfskin is much more durable than lambskin but it can be smooth or wrinkled like on the reissues. Also I was told that caviar is grained calfskin not sure it that is true but all it means is that it has a pebbled effect and it's treated in a manner that makes it more durable than the other two leathers. Hope this was helpful.

Thanks fally! I ended up getting the black mini rectangle LGHW in iridescent calfskin :smile:

Was wondering if anyone has the new black Caviar with shw mini rect. Does the Caviar has a kind of like extra coat like the current green ( I have the cardholder ). I actually don’t really fancy the Caviar as it feels a bit plasticky to me (but the green is so nice) so I am wondering if the black Caviar be similar.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

It sounds gorgeous @cookiesvi :flowers:congrats on your new mini hun, please post pics if you wish to share of course.:heart:

Realised that the bag is actually black rectangle mini grained calfskin with LGHW. Its my first Chanel item so I still am admiring it, haven't taken off the stickers so may look like SHW :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_2360.jpg
    IMG_2360.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 1,247
  • IMG_2362.jpg
    IMG_2362.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 1,257
Realised that the bag is actually black rectangle mini grained calfskin with LGHW. Its my first Chanel item so I still am admiring it, haven't taken off the stickers so may look like SHW :biggrin:
OMGEEE, You picked the perfect mini @cookiesvi :drool::drool:this is one of the best caviar leathers in the past few years that Chanel has actually made it's seasonal minis from. It's comparable to the classic flap line leather. You will love it, I think you found a mini that many of us wished we could have had when we started buying minis. Congrats sweetie:yahoo::yahoo::loveeyes::loveeyes:

Was wondering if anyone has the new black Caviar with shw mini rect. Does the Caviar has a kind of like extra coat like the current green ( I have the cardholder ). I actually don’t really fancy the Caviar as it feels a bit plasticky to me (but the green is so nice) so I am wondering if the black Caviar be similar.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

I just bought one from Chanel in London! It’s my first caviar mini and I haven’t come across the green caviar mini from this season so can’t say for sure but it doesn’t seem to have any extra coating to me.

I do have a caviar ML flap with SHW (from last year) and compared to that, the caviar for this new mini seems softer (less plasticky?). But I’ve heard Chanel uses different leathers for their classic double flaps than for their mini flaps so not sure if this is a good comparison. But next time I go into Chanel I can try to look for their green caviar SLGs to compare.

Reactions: fally