Henri Bendel Bags Anyone?

It looks nice on you. Color is pretty. Doesn’t look crazy big..great for travel, or special heavy-carry days. How’s the weight pre-loading?
Thank you! I really like this port color. For how big it is, it isn’t all that heavy, prob because it is so straightforward (minimal hardware, soft construction). When fully loaded, it definitely felt better over the jacket as straps are not the most comfortable ever, but I never once was in any sort of distress despite loading her up to the brim. Overall, I am pretty happy with it as a no fuss travel-to-walk around town kind of bag. Top zipper was the biggest draw for me, and the mostly square orientation (I am really not a E/W girl).

Reactions: Reba
Good morning Bendel girls!
I’m looking into my first bendel purchase, a large jetsetter backpack, and I’m looking for a year-round color. I’m afraid too light (like feather grey) will show color transfer and although I love the canvas coffee/black, I think it’s too dark for spring and summer.
Does anyone have the canvas in grisaille? I only saw it on one blogger and it’s hard to tell the true color...
Thanks in advance!

Don’t have, but, it appears to be a mid/tone gray to me. If you look up the meaning of that word, it means gray monochrome. Sounds like a happy medium to light and dark. I have the black canvas...I use intermittently year-round. The canvas to me gives it and other canvas bags a year/round look for sure...

Reactions: Chalkncoffee
My new Henri bemdel. I also got the white iridescent in the same style if anyone is interested in seeing pics.

I've had this bag in my cart since the day it was released but the zipper location has held me back. Do you have any issues with how wide (or not) it opens? The bag is fairly small to begin with so I'm worried it's a bit tight to get items in and out quickly... given the placement of the zipper. Wish they did it at the top like a classic satchel.

How's the patent? Is it smooth or on the sticky side? I'm slightly reluctant of patent since it's likely to receive imprints of other objects if one's not careful.

And, finally, do you like the patent or iridescent bag better? I swayed back and forth since I couldn't decide at first but I think I like the patent better. I'd love to see photos of the iridescent in sunlight. It seems this version looks prettier than the 'Vanilla Bean' they came out with last year or so.

Sorry about all the Qs, thanks in advance!

Reactions: pianolize
I've had this bag in my cart since the day it was released but the zipper location has held me back. Do you have any issues with how wide (or not) it opens? The bag is fairly small to begin with so I'm worried it's a bit tight to get items in and out quickly... given the placement of the zipper. Wish they did it at the top like a classic satchel.

How's the patent? Is it smooth or on the sticky side? I'm slightly reluctant of patent since it's likely to receive imprints of other objects if one's not careful.

And, finally, do you like the patent or iridescent bag better? I swayed back and forth since I couldn't decide at first but I think I like the patent better. I'd love to see photos of the iridescent in sunlight. It seems this version looks prettier than the 'Vanilla Bean' they came out with last year or so.

I do agree I was nervous about the zipper also. I wished they made these 2 colors in the larger version of this bag but I loved them so much I had to get them. They do hold alot for their size and the zipper area does open pretty wide. I will attach a picture of that also. I would say order one and see how you feel about the opening after trying it out. I had the same feeling as you did about it but I was surprised it's not as bad as I thought it would be. It's actually kind of roomy. 1520690870602.jpg20180310_091143.jpg20180310_091230.jpg20180310_091135.jpg1520691335557.jpg

Sorry forgot to answer about the patent. It is smooth. After a day of carrying it there were no fingerprints or anything on the bag. I can't speak for long term durability but it seems like it will be pretty care free .

Oh my gosh I'm the worst today. Hopefully 3 responses will get all your answers haha
Anyway I don't have a preference per say. I love them both. I will provbaly use the patent one more simply because it will go with more of my outfits. I am drawn to anything oil slick, iridescent, hologram. So they both make me happy.

Reactions: pianolize
Oh my gosh I'm the worst today. Hopefully 3 responses will get all your answers haha
Anyway I don't have a preference per say. I love them both. I will provbaly use the patent one more simply because it will go with more of my outfits. I am drawn to anything oil slick, iridescent, hologram. So they both make me happy.

I recognized your name from all the oil slick/holographic reveals so I knew you're the iridescent queen around here (and usually the first to get them)! I am drawn to them too for the same reason. :smile: It's like a moth or mosquito being hypnotized by light or something... I had to restrain myself from getting the Bijoux bag due to the shape but I really wanted it for the color shift!

Thank you for sharing all the beautiful photos and even the 'what fits inside' (omg I spy a new Coach flower kisslock, is it??), they are so helpful and pretty to boot! Makes me more indecisive lol. Thanks again for taking the time to cover all my Qs. I, too, wished they made the purple/green in the large... would've made my decision-making a little easier!

I recognized your name from all the oil slick/holographic reveals so I knew you're the iridescent queen around here (and usually the first to get them)! I am drawn to them too for the same reason. [emoji2] It's like a moth or mosquito being hypnotized by light or something... I had to restrain myself from getting the Bijoux bag due to the shape but I really wanted it for the color shift!

Thank you for sharing all the beautiful photos and even the 'what fits inside' (omg I spy a new Coach flower kisslock, is it??), they are so helpful and pretty to boot! Makes me more indecisive lol. Thanks again for taking the time to cover all my Qs. I, too, wished they made the purple/green in the large... would've made my decision-making a little easier!
Yes it is a coach kisslock ! Good eye. And I'm with you if it's color changing I'm nuts for it

Reactions: christinemliu
Yes it is a coach kisslock ! Good eye. And I'm with you if it's color changing I'm nuts for it

Speaking of color changing, do you still have/use this year's holographico Bijoux bag? How's the quality of that finish? I was scared it might be too much for me (especially on a bigger bag) and hesitated and they went fast! I still think about the cyan/purple too. But I tend to shy away from HB's snakeskin finish since I've seen some other people's peel up. (Maybe they're rougher on their bags?)

Also, how is HB's oil slick hardware? I've noticed HB's hardware feels cheaper nowadays than years past so I was afraid it'd just be a cheaper coating that would peel off rather quickly.

I do agree I was nervous about the zipper also. I wished they made these 2 colors in the larger version of this bag but I loved them so much I had to get them. They do hold alot for their size and the zipper area does open pretty wide. I will attach a picture of that also. I would say order one and see how you feel about the opening after trying it out. I had the same feeling as you did about it but I was surprised it's not as bad as I thought it would be. It's actually kind of roomy. View attachment 3995925View attachment 3995926View attachment 3995927View attachment 3995928View attachment 3995931
My concerns exactly!!!
One more Q then- I've always had difficulty CLEANING my iridescent bags- what do you use/how do you keep them clean? I'm terrified of color transfer on this, as ALL my iridescent whites look 'dirty' now, despite my best efforts and clean-freaking... :sad:

Esp. since it's a crossbody! I so wish this were a standard 'satchel'...

Honestly, I've had really bad experiences with Bendel's bags.

I bought one last year, used it twice, and the chain on one of the handles broke when I was walking down the street. When I brought it back in, they seemed super shocked and let me replace it, but I decided to pick a different bag because of the issues with the first. The first time I wore the new bag, one of the metal studs on the bottom fell off and went flying across the street! :sad: I brought that one back as well and just kept the store credit for other things. I suspect that I can't be the only person this has happened to, because having incidents with two different brand new bags can't be a coincidence. I do live in NYC though and walk around with my bags all day, but I don't beat them up. I also have a wallet from them, and I thought the leather was super beautiful when I first bought it, but it quickly started to peel and look shabby.

Who knows, maybe they have upped their quality since then :biggrin:
That's so discouraging!!! Any updates? I'm sitting on my first HB, since this scares me!
Some of today’s haul
View attachment 3931872

Must have willpower and not go back for more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine too [emoji23]
View attachment 3931873

I’m in trouble. Went back and got these today
View attachment 3932847

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love these bangles (have the pink set)- BUT THEY ALWAYS FLY OFF MY WRIST!!! The clasps are a horrible design!!! Does no one else have this issue?! I actually now make it a point to ONLY put on/take off in private company so if it flies off I know where it is.

This even happened two nights ago at a dinner!! Stationary! It landed in my lap.