Henri Bendel Bags Anyone?

It looks huge! I don't think I could pull it off being only 5' but I do like the look!

They have a mini version! But it's not reflected on the modeling pic unfortunately.

https://www.henribendel.com/us/west-57th-mini-crossbody-hobo-0000301637.html

0000301637_301_1.jpg

So I got the green/purple shift and, just as I feared, the patent is super sticky brand new. It is kind of a fingerprint magnet but the colors hide them well. The finish appears to be a clear smoke-colored coating that gives a greenish shift over the metallic pinkish-purple leather underneath.

I like this colorway but I am torn. Patent can look like cheap pvc, but true patent leather softens with body heat and is easy to wipe clean, which is what I like about this series. It almost looks mirror-like when the color shifts, pretty!

@aundria17, does your bag have "veins" on the metallic leather or small nicks/scratches? I've seen the same type of marks on Coach glovetanned leather so I'm assuming it comes from skinning/prepping process... but it's so noticeable on mine, in a bad way.

So I got the green/purple shift and, just as I feared, the patent is super sticky brand new. It is kind of a fingerprint magnet but the colors hide them well. The finish appears to be a clear smoke-colored coating that gives a greenish shift over the metallic pinkish-purple leather underneath.

I like this colorway but I am torn. Patent can look like cheap pvc, but true patent leather softens with body heat and is easy to wipe clean, which is what I like about this series. It almost looks mirror-like when the color shifts, pretty!

@aundria17, does your bag have "veins" on the metallic leather or small nicks/scratches? I've seen the same type of marks on Coach glovetanned leather so I'm assuming it comes from skinning/prepping process... but it's so noticeable on mine, in a bad way.
No, mine is perfect without a mark on it. I also do not find mine to be sticky at all or show fingerprints. Very strange. Maybe they had different runs of the leather they used.

I know this is a bag thread, but does anyone buy Henri Bendel accessories? I was at the mall today and didn’t realize how pretty the costume jewelry and scarves were. Not to mention, the pricing was decent!

I was looking over at their shawls and was shocked that they had silk-wool shawls for $148. I originally went in to buy a leather wrap bracelet but came out with this instead! I hope it’s okay for me to share:

4847DAC0-11A1-4CD5-96CD-F50EDED141F1.jpeg
1CB76EEE-91B7-4540-8B61-00359391FE41.jpeg
C0ECBBAB-A00B-40E0-A3D1-57442F55767F.jpeg
I am so glad I found this because I love shawls and I wanted to find a large one that I could use as a blanket on the plane or even use as a sundress at the beach (pardon the dirty mirror):

71CBA975-B2DA-43F4-A52D-946996D16359.jpeg
Also happy that there isn’t an obvious logo on it or the brand’s name emblazoned on it! Plus it’s way more cost-efficient compared to the big brands like LV or Hermes.

The SA I worked with was super nice and even gave me a dustbag for my shawl, which she didn’t have to do. I’m a new fan now! :love:

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
I know this is a bag thread, but does anyone buy Henri Bendel accessories? I was at the mall today and didn’t realize how pretty the costume jewelry and scarves were. Not to mention, the pricing was decent!

I was looking over at their shawls and was shocked that they had silk-wool shawls for $148. I originally went in to buy a leather wrap bracelet but came out with this instead! I hope it’s okay for me to share:

View attachment 4019227
View attachment 4019228
View attachment 4019229
I am so glad I found this because I love shawls and I wanted to find a large one that I could use as a blanket on the plane or even use as a sundress at the beach (pardon the dirty mirror):

View attachment 4019230
Also happy that there isn’t an obvious logo on it or the brand’s name emblazoned on it! Plus it’s way more cost-efficient compared to the big brands like LV or Hermes.

The SA I worked with was super nice and even gave me a dustbag for my shawl, which she didn’t have to do. I’m a new fan now! :love:
I am so impressed on how you made it into a sun dress! That's awesome. And love the color. Great find! I knew their jewelry was pretty, but never noticed their scarves.

Reactions: bernz84
I am so impressed on how you made it into a sun dress! That's awesome. And love the color. Great find! I knew their jewelry was pretty, but never noticed their scarves.
Thank you! :smile: I occasionally lurk the Hermes shawl threads because I always wanted one but I am not crazy about the price. However, the members there post pics of how they use their shawls, so I like to use their ideas for my own personal use. :idea:

They have a great selection of silk scarves and twillies; the SA showed me how to use the twillies on bags kinda like how LV and Hermes do. I’m not really into scarves or twillies personally, but they were pretty nonetheless. I was really shocked that they had shawls for $148; for that price, I expected them to have some viscose or polyester in them. Even Longchamp shawls start in the $300s!

The SA told me Henri Bendel does come out with new colors for their shawls every season; I’m crossing my fingers for an emerald green one day. :heart::nuts: