Henri Bendel Bags Anyone?

Thanks for the nice pics! Along the line of the leather texture, is it soft? I like pebbly, smooshy, soft leather...

I thought it might be worth noting that the gray is the only 1 out of the 3 that feels like nubuck (suede-like) leather.

The white (sand shell) and peachy (muted clay) colors have a different texture than the gray. These two have a bit of a coated/treated, soft pebbled leather. It reminded me a tiny bit of the Coach Bandit leathers... thick and smooshy, though less shiny.

It's nice that HB is offering softer leather options! I even liked the feel of the leather side of the new, HUGE, reversible tote... soft and lightweight. I'm glad they're gradually lessening the cardboard-like "leathers" (about 2 years ago) that were posing as (traditional) leather and those plasticky and/or rubbery Saffianos.

I was looking over at their shawls and was shocked that they had silk-wool shawls for $148. I originally went in to buy a leather wrap bracelet but came out with this instead! I hope it’s okay for me to share:

Wow, this is amazing! The shawl must be huge to be able to make a full-length dress out of it! The blue is gorgeous and it looks awesome on you. I'm curious now to see how you wrap/wear it... and how the back looks. It reminds me of those wrap dresses you see at those cart vendors that you can wrap in 9 ways or something like that...

P.S. Were those shawls by the registers? I saw a woman studying them so what if that was you? Hehe. On second thought, I'm not sure if she made the purchase so probably wasn't... :smile:

It's nice that HB is offering softer leather options! I even liked the feel of the leather side of the new, HUGE, reversible tote... soft and lightweight. I'm glad they're gradually lessening the cardboard-like "leathers" (about 2 years ago) that were posing as (traditional) leather and those plasticky and/or rubbery Saffianos.
I completely agree! I'm a big fan of HB but definitely NOT of Saffiano leather. I'm super drawn to the Astrid tote got this reason, so I'm glad to hear you liked it! Now I'll just have to find a way to resist purchasing…

Reactions: csalt
Wow, this is amazing! The shawl must be huge to be able to make a full-length dress out of it! The blue is gorgeous and it looks awesome on you. I'm curious now to see how you wrap/wear it... and how the back looks. It reminds me of those wrap dresses you see at those cart vendors that you can wrap in 9 ways or something like that...

P.S. Were those shawls by the registers? I saw a woman studying them so what if that was you? Hehe. On second thought, I'm not sure if she made the purchase so probably wasn't... :smile:
Thanks! :heart: I’ll try and show a demonstration later today when I get the chance. Basically you tie two ends together behind your neck like a halter top.

And lol, the shawls were next to the jewelry and far from the registers, so I don’t think it was me. ;) I was also the only customer there that day as it was during a work day. :biggrin:

Without revealing too much how I look like, here's how the back looks. I just double knot two ends together:

20180401_131202.jpg

As for the front, any belt to cinch it in will do. :smile: I don't know if I'd actually wear it as an actual dress per se, but I would totally use it as a nice sundress or tunic at the beach with a bathing suit underneath :biggrin:

Without revealing too much how I look like, here's how the back looks. I just double knot two ends together:

View attachment 4021641

As for the front, any belt to cinch it in will do. :smile: I don't know if I'd actually wear it as an actual dress per se, but I would totally use it as a nice sundress or tunic at the beach with a bathing suit underneath :biggrin:
It's beautiful!

Reactions: bernz84

Aww how sweet of you to take the time to share all the photos and details. I appreciate it very much! I love scarves and shawls so I will browse HB's selections a little more closely now too! I've always admired their pretty, colorful scarves but guess have been too cheap. :P

I have the regular size one and it's not huge at all and is a good size to fit stuff...but I am 5'8. The mini is waaaayy too tiny for me. I just flew to NYC for a mini getaway and this bag was perfect for walking/shopping/travelling!
Late to this conversation but I concur that mini is TINY. It barely holds the smallest wallet you can find, a phone, keys, and maybe a lip balm and a pack of chewing gum, if that. The way the bag is structured it really can't fit much at all.

Reactions: WillstarveforLV

View attachment 4021641

IMG_1524135651.678406.jpg

Another great sarong option for this lovely scarf.