CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

You can have your bag authenticated on the "Authenticate this Chanel" thread. Please check the first post in the thread for the required photos as well as a link to the listing where you purchased it.
Thanks! I did do that as well so hopefully that will help. In the meantime I did see a youtube video of Darcy from Opulent Habits doing a review of red Chanel bags and her 2012 actually had the words on the snap going in the same direction as mine so I guess that may not be a deal breaker as far as authenticity, just in case anyone else comes upon this situation as well. But again thanks for responding!

Reactions: nicole0612
Thanks! I did do that as well so hopefully that will help. In the meantime I did see a youtube video of Darcy from Opulent Habits doing a review of red Chanel bags and her 2012 actually had the words on the snap going in the same direction as mine so I guess that may not be a deal breaker as far as authenticity, just in case anyone else comes upon this situation as well. But again thanks for responding!
Great! :smile:

You will probably need to send it to Leather Surgeons or Leather Pros since Chanel is only accepting newer bags for repair these days. If you do a search for these companies on tPF you will find a lot of reviews, they are both very good. However, it is always best to buy a bag in reasonable condition. I hope that helps.
Many thanks for your help. Paula

Reactions: nicole0612
Hi all another dilemma I am having. Your opinions would be appreciated. If you had the choice of a vintage jumbo xl flap bag ( the one with the big CC) or a maxi flap from the last couple of years for the same price, which would you prefer? Both are caviar leather and both equally good condition! I’m inclined to think that a vintage should cost less but I may have that wrong.
Many thanks
Paula

Hey Paula, sorry I can’t help. I am not familiar with maxis or vintage bags.

Ladies with a boy - do you recommend a bag shaper? I got my second boy today and it came into my mind. Sometimes I think that the bottom of my lambskin bag sag a little bit :confused1:

Hi all another dilemma I am having. Your opinions would be appreciated. If you had the choice of a vintage jumbo xl flap bag ( the one with the big CC) or a maxi flap from the last couple of years for the same price, which would you prefer? Both are caviar leather and both equally good condition! I’m inclined to think that a vintage should cost less but I may have that wrong.
Many thanks
Paula

I advise to go with the most recent bag - the Maxi. I find that people still desire the "newer" item and keep having it at the back of their minds after purchasing a more vintage one.

I advise to go with the most recent bag - the Maxi. I find that people still desire the "newer" item and keep having it at the back of their minds after purchasing a more vintage one.
Thank you for your advice. I think that’s how I feel really, I love the large CC of the vintage but not sure I’ll be satisfied if I go for one. Paula

which of the two colors above do you all prefer? I'm leaning towards the green color...
I’ve seen both. The green is much more pastelly (is that a word :P?) irl than in the photo. I personally think it’s very sweet/girly while the blue is more mature/elegant. So depends on which look you’re going for. Best is to try them on and see which you like. Have fun deciding! :smile: