Diamond tennis bracelets

Hi
I'm trying to decide between a 3 or 4 prong style from whiteflash using .15 carat stones. Do you ladies know which style is nicer in real life?
Thank you!
I got both 3-prong and 4-prong TBs with 15-pt melees from Whiteflash. I love the 3-prong more, because the spacing between melees makes the diamonds look bigger. The diamonds in the 4-prong are stacked close together, so the diamonds do not look as big, and you need more diamond melees for the same bracelet length (so higher cost).

Be aware that Whiteflash sources different settings even for the 3-prong. I got my first 3-prong TB 3-4 years before I decided to get a second one. I love my first 3-prong TB. The setting feels significant, and the diamonds look big. However, when I ordered a second 3-prong 3-4 years later, I noticed the setting was different. The spacing between melees was not even throughout. The clasp was different as well. I did not like the second 3-prong TB, so I returned it for a 4-prong setting. Somehow the 4-prong setting looks and feels a bit “thinner” (with less metal). I do not like the 4-prong, but it was still better the the second 3-prong.

A year later, some lady found my first 3-prong setting from IDJ, and posted her TB online with photos. I compared carefully her bracelet with my first 3-prong and confirmed hers to be the same as my first 3-prong. Apparently, IDJ offers both 3-prong settings, and She had to specify her preferred 3-prong setting. In summary, not all 3-prong and 4-prong bracelet settings are alike.

In hindsight, I would have requested the TB setting to be shipped to me for inspection before letting Whiteflash set the diamonds. At one point, I was thinking about having Whiteflash source my preferred 3-prong setting and reset the diamonds melees, and then put new 10-pt melees in the existing 4-prong setting. Now, I am no longer wanting to make the change, because it is too much trouble and the reset will involve additional cost. Instead, I would get a third TB with larger (40-pt or 50-pt) melees if I decide to get a third bracelet.

One thing for sure is that you cannot go wrong with Whiteflash ACA diamond melees. They are worth the added cost over a regular diamond bracelet from other jewelry stores.

Reactions: Chomel
I got both 3-prong and 4-prong TBs with 15-pt melees from Whiteflash. I love the 3-prong more, because the spacing between melees makes the diamonds look bigger. The diamonds in the 4-prong are stacked close together, so the diamonds do not look as big, and you need more diamond melees for the same bracelet length (so higher cost).

Be aware that Whiteflash sources different settings even for the 3-prong. I got my first 3-prong TB 3-4 years before I decided to get a second one. I love my first 3-prong TB. The setting feels significant, and the diamonds look big. However, when I ordered a second 3-prong 3-4 years later, I noticed the setting was different. The spacing between melees was not even throughout. The clasp was different as well. I did not like the second 3-prong TB, so I returned it for a 4-prong setting. Somehow the 4-prong setting looks and feels a bit “thinner” (with less metal). I do not like the 4-prong, but it was still better the the second 3-prong.

A year later, some lady found my first 3-prong setting from IDJ, and posted her TB online with photos. I compared carefully her bracelet with my first 3-prong and confirmed hers to be the same as my first 3-prong. Apparently, IDJ offers both 3-prong settings, and She had to specify her preferred 3-prong setting. In summary, not all 3-prong and 4-prong bracelet settings are alike.

In hindsight, I would have requested the TB setting to be shipped to me for inspection before letting Whiteflash set the diamonds. At one point, I was thinking about having Whiteflash source my preferred 3-prong setting and reset the diamonds melees, and then put new 10-pt melees in the existing 4-prong setting. Now, I am no longer wanting to make the change, because it is too much trouble and the reset will involve additional cost. Instead, I would get a third TB with larger (40-pt or 50-pt) melees if I decide to get a third bracelet.

One thing for sure is that you cannot go wrong with Whiteflash ACA diamond melees. They are worth the added cost over a regular diamond bracelet from other jewelry stores.

Christiflora, Thank you so much for your detailed answer. You're right, the 4 prong costs significantly more than the 3. I thought I would like the look of 4 prong better with the diamonds looking more continuous but you make a really good point about the diamonds looking smaller. It seems crazy to pay more for a bracelet where the stones look smaller. When you have a chance, would you be able to upload a photo of your two bracelets on? It would help me a lot. It's really hard for me to decide without seeing, and I live in Canada so I don't want to have to ship back and forth too much.
Thank you.

Chomel, photos cannot do justice to these Whiteflash TB's. In real life, the 3-prong TB looks much better due to diamonds appearing larger. I suggest that you order both the 3-prong and 4-prong settings (WITHOUT DIAMONDS) to check out in person before deciding. it is worth paying for the round trip shipping. You also need to check out how its feels on your wrist. I like how compliant and substantial the 3-prong setting feels and looks. I do not know which 4-prong setting Whiteflash is offering at the moment. I would definitely check it out in person before deciding.
Per your request, I am attaching four photos. Although you cannot tell from these photos which setting looks better, at least you can see the difference in terms of spacing and shape.
Note that when you wear one TB on your wrist, the 3-prong setting looks just as continuous and fluid as the 4-prong, since there is nothing nearby for comparison. Save the money from less diamonds and use it for bigger diamonds. I regret that I did not get larger diamonds when I ordered my second TB. Then again, with two same size TB's, I can stack them to get a more blingy look.

TB 1.JPG TB 2.JPG TB 3.JPG TB 4.JPG

For completeness, I may as well show you a photo of the two different 3-prong settings. The TB on top is my first TB that I like. The TB at the bottom is the one that I returned. Note that that spacing/gap is uneven and bigger in the bottom TB. Also note the difference in the clasp (both ends). The top TB feels very comfortable and compliant (better workmanship). The bottom TB feels awkward.
if you decide to get the 3-prong, make sure the setting looks like the top one. Both have the safety latch.
1. Overview.JPG

Chomel, photos cannot do justice to these Whiteflash TB's. In real life, the 3-prong TB looks much better due to diamonds appearing larger. I suggest that you order both the 3-prong and 4-prong settings (WITHOUT DIAMONDS) to check out in person before deciding. it is worth paying for the round trip shipping. You also need to check out how its feels on your wrist. I like how compliant and substantial the 3-prong setting feels and looks. I do not know which 4-prong setting Whiteflash is offering at the moment. I would definitely check it out in person before deciding.
Per your request, I am attaching four photos. Although you cannot tell from these photos which setting looks better, at least you can see the difference in terms of spacing and shape.
Note that when you wear one TB on your wrist, the 3-prong setting looks just as continuous and fluid as the 4-prong, since there is nothing nearby for comparison. Save the money from less diamonds and use it for bigger diamonds. I regret that I did not get larger diamonds when I ordered my second TB. Then again, with two same size TB's, I can stack them to get a more blingy look.

View attachment 3964100 View attachment 3964101 View attachment 3964103 View attachment 3964104

They are gorgeous!!!! I like both but the 3-prong wins by a little bit. :smile:

Christiflora, Thank you so much for your detailed answer. You're right, the 4 prong costs significantly more than the 3. I thought I would like the look of 4 prong better with the diamonds looking more continuous but you make a really good point about the diamonds looking smaller. It seems crazy to pay more for a bracelet where the stones look smaller. When you have a chance, would you be able to upload a photo of your two bracelets on? It would help me a lot. It's really hard for me to decide without seeing, and I live in Canada so I don't want to have to ship back and forth too much.
Thank you.
I realize you live in Canada and cannot ship things back and forth. As an alternate suggestion, request Whiteflash for photos of the setting, including shots of front, back, sideway, and both clasp ends. Compare your 3-prong with my photos to see which version yours is. As a minimum, you can tell from the photos if the gap is adequately small and is even throughout the entire length.

For completeness, I may as well show you a photo of the two different 3-prong settings. The TB on top is my first TB that I like. The TB at the bottom is the one that I returned. Note that that spacing/gap is uneven and bigger in the bottom TB. Also note the difference in the clasp (both ends). The top TB feels very comfortable and compliant (better workmanship). The bottom TB feels awkward.
if you decide to get the 3-prong, make sure the setting looks like the top one. Both have the safety latch.
View attachment 3964115

Beautiful bracelets! Which setting you think is more secure? The 3 or 4 prong setting? Have you had any issues with any?

I realize you live in Canada and cannot ship things back and forth. As an alternate suggestion, request Whiteflash for photos of the setting, including shots of front, back, sideway, and both clasp ends. Compare your 3-prong with my photos to see which version yours is. As a minimum, you can tell from the photos if the gap is adequately small and is even throughout the entire length.
Christiflora, I can't thank you enough for your detailed advice and photos. It's so helpful. I will ask WF to send photos of the setting on Monday. I totally see what you mean about the spacing. Also I understand what you mean about the workmanship of the setting. I want one that feels flexible and fluid, not awkward. I haven't really looked at any 3 prong bracelets in real life. Maybe I should see if a local jewler has one so I can see the difference in sparkle. :smile:

Beautiful bracelets! Which setting you think is more secure? The 3 or 4 prong setting? Have you had any issues with any?
I have no problems with either so far. Both seem to be very secure. I am not sure that 4-prong is any more secure than 3-prong. Rather, I think workmanship (person who is skillful in setting the diamonds) is most important.
In terms of security, I think it is important that a TB has a safety latch in addition to the clasp. If the clasp becomes loose, the safety latch will save you from loosing your bracelet. Therefore, look for settings that have this extra safety feature.

Last edited:
Christiflora, I can't thank you enough for your detailed advice and photos. It's so helpful. I will ask WF to send photos of the setting on Monday. I totally see what you mean about the spacing. Also I understand what you mean about the workmanship of the setting. I want one that feels flexible and fluid, not awkward. I haven't really looked at any 3 prong bracelets in real life. Maybe I should see if a local jewler has one so I can see the difference in sparkle. :smile:
It is a good idea to try out various diamond bracelets in jewelry store. However, there is no comparison when it comes to Whiteflash’s ACA diamond bracelet. The diamonds sparkle very happily. They are F color VS clarity and most importantly, well cut.
Please post your experience when you get your TB.

Last edited: