CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

Sadly,I'm pretty sure 2013 was that last time Chanel produced a "true white" classic flap bag in caviar. I spoke with a few people and don't think a true white is being produced for cruise 2018 either. A form of ivory, beige most likely will. SA's are saying it's been due to color transfer problems, and too much returning. Wish ladies would do several vinegar cold water washes inside out on their dark jeans...lol!! :flowers: Keep going until the water runs clear, hang dry. It works! Don't know what to believe at this point. :hrmm::sad::-s

Hello. This is my first post here, so please forgive me if this is all wrong. lol. I was just reading thru some threads and came upon your post. I just bought a pair of G jeggings in dark wash and was a little afraid of color transfer...my Mom told me about vinegar wash and it does work. The pure white Chanel would be so beautiful...don't think I've ever seen one. I do realize this is an old post, but, like I said, it's my first one! LOL! I have no idea if you will be notified of my response...? Now, off to find that other thread with a gorgeous red Chanel mini...think it was dextersmom...love her style, too. Thanks again, Mac2

Hi all, i am new to TPF. Would like to ask your opinion on the following. I have a black mini rectangular in shw, and a black reissue in rhw. Would really want a m/l CF which would likely be my last purchase. What would be your suggestions as to a good choice? I am thinking a black caviar with ghw ( and how versatile is this? would it be more as an evening/dressy bag only?) or a beige colour ?( but worried about colour transfer). I feel a black with shw would be very casual and versatile but it will be too similar to my mini. I would consider if a grey or navy one comes along but these are hard to find. I want to use my bags carefree, day n night. Thank you in advance!

I think a medium with ghw would be a nice addition, as long as you don't think the reissue and the classic flap would compete with each other. I don't have a reissue, so I don't know if you would wear it more as a casual piece over formal. If you are looking for carefree, then Caviar is more carefree than lambskin, but I do feel like the Lambskin is more dressy for night time.

I ended up purchasing the small boy in pink! It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I can't wait to see it in person. I will report back. You please do the same!

Congrats!!! Can't wait to see it! I just bought my first ever LV and it's being held in customs or it would've arrived today [emoji853] there's so many Chanel's I'm eyeing right now so I'm really indecisive and will need to visit the stores to try it on and see. Congrats again I'm so excited for you and can't wait for it to come in!

Reactions: Mgallows
Can you guys give me your thoughts about this shoe? Purchased on sale but I’m thinking about returning as I feel they may look too small and I’m not 100% in love with the side profile but I don’t want to regret it. They were $300 from $850 so a really great ]

Amazing deal but to me I'd rather be sure and buy something I love (can't live without). I am in love with the back, like the side, but don't like the front. I don't know why but there's something that's not making me love the front. What would you regret more? Buying it or missing out?

Reactions: hellokimmiee
Can you guys give me your thoughts about this shoe? Purchased on sale but I’m thinking about returning as I feel they may look too small and I’m not 100% in love with the side profile but I don’t want to regret it. They were $300 from $850 so a really great deal.

Actually here's a test I do with my friend when we're contemplating big purchases. Would you be upset if I bought it and it was the last one? If you're upset, then get it! If not, then don't. I don't know if that helps [emoji1]

This is the pic the girl from the store sent me btw. The navy bag is on the right. I could only find one other listing for the same series navy and I attached that as well. The color definitely looks better in the fashionphile pic, but I'm going to go ahead and assume they use a lot of lighting.

View attachment 3961008 View attachment 3961009

For reference, I have a black caviar jumbo GHW and a pearly beige caviar m/l brushed GHW. I eventually want to get a small or m/l in black with GHW (my mind says stick with caviar because of the durability but it is also saying lambskin would change it up a little). I'm a little afraid if this one is too close to black it would make it silly for me to get black down the road. Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated ladies! :wave:

I would definitely ask them to take a couple more pictures with a flash. The bag looks pristine in the pictures though!!

If you're a lover of plain black like me, I don't think it's silly to buy more black! I think going with lambskin in a smaller bag is easier to maintain than a big bag in lambskin. Also if you love this bag now (the navy one), you might change your mind down the road to maybe venture off to another color. Just a thought [emoji4]

Let us know your progress!

No worries and thanks! I know I definitely want navy with GHW and that it's navy and not regular blue. But there's such a fine line (for me) with navy when it can go too dark. I found one on therealreal that looks like it's from 2015/2016 (starts with 21) and loved the shade, but the hardware was super faded and the whole final sale thing scares me a bit with them. Maybe the same year as yours? The one I'm considering looks like it may be a shade darker (though the girl on the phone says it def looks blue in person, but she took a pic of it next to a black bag and TBH I couldn't really tell which was which). I wish I could see it in person before I pull the trigger (I can return I just hate returning things when I can't do it in person lol).

I don't know about the hardware being faded so much. I wouldn't like that, would you be okay with it? It would bother me so much but that's a personal preference though. Sometimes you love a bag so much another imperfection may just make it perfect!

Hello. This is my first post here, so please forgive me if this is all wrong. lol. I was just reading thru some threads and came upon your post. I just bought a pair of G jeggings in dark wash and was a little afraid of color transfer...my Mom told me about vinegar wash and it does work. The pure white Chanel would be so beautiful...don't think I've ever seen one. I do realize this is an old post, but, like I said, it's my first one! LOL! I have no idea if you will be notified of my response...? Now, off to find that other thread with a gorgeous red Chanel mini...think it was dextersmom...love her style, too. Thanks again, Mac2

@whiteswan1010
I meant to ask...is the caviar the pure white or is it off white?? Thanks for putting up with a newbie! :smile:

Can you guys give me your thoughts about this shoe? Purchased on sale but I’m thinking about returning as I feel they may look too small and I’m not 100% in love with the side profile but I don’t want to regret it. They were $300 from $850 so a really great deal.

View attachment 3961141
View attachment 3961142
View attachment 3961143
View attachment 3961144
View attachment 3961145

I think they look fantastic! I would totally keep for that price. The size looks perfect on you!

I think a medium with ghw would be a nice addition, as long as you don't think the reissue and the classic flap would compete with each other. I don't have a reissue, so I don't know if you would wear it more as a casual piece over formal. If you are looking for carefree, then Caviar is more carefree than lambskin, but I do feel like the Lambskin is more dressy for night time.
Thanks for your reply. I would want it to be carefree and it will be sensible to get caviar but lambskin just looks so luxurious! To be honest, my lifestyle is pretty casual and deep down i feel m/l in shw may get more use rather than ghw cos most people agree its more a dressy bag. Thats a dilemma!
Thank you for your thoughts! Appreciates very much!

Reactions: Mgallows
Thanks for your reply. I would want it to be carefree and it will be sensible to get caviar but lambskin just looks so luxurious! To be honest, my lifestyle is pretty casual and deep down i feel m/l in shw may get more use rather than ghw cos most people agree its more a dressy bag. Thats a dilemma!
Thank you for your thoughts! Appreciates very much!

This is sooo helpful. Thanks so much for your detailed tips!! I did some more picture searching and did see the middle of the boy bags sinking in! If you didn't bring it up, I would've totally missed it. If I bought it, I would be extremely upset about it, so a massive thank you! I've only used google so I don't know if some of the bags are real or replicas but I like the boy woc and boy with handles! I don't think I'll go for a large boy anymore.
You are most welcome, that’s what we are all here for. Looking forward to your reveal when you decide what to get. Good luck my dear have a lovely weekend ❤️

Reactions: kkatrina