CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

Should I? I was able to hunt down the last two remaining in the country. Small boy with antique ghw from the 2016C collection, I believe. I don’t have any Boys, or pink bags for that matter. Current collection includes CF Jumbo in black caviar w/ ghw, CF M/L in black lambskin w/ ghw, and I am waiting for the square mini in black caviar w/ lghw to come in Act II.

E3C71273-AFFD-449D-8355-71203FD54BF4.jpeg

I am thinking this may complete my collection (or will it ever be complete?!) What do you guys think? Should I go for a pink bag for the spring and summer, or stick to classics and get a nude or a red Boy for more year round?

If you're going to wear it, go for the pop of color! All my bags are black's and navy's as I feel it's more versatile for me. I have 3 Chanel's too and of course 2 are black and one is navy! It really depends on you, is the pink calling for you? [emoji4]

I don't have a boy bag and since prices are going up, I should get one before it does. Is it more structured or more durable than the caviar classic? I don't have a jumbo, maybe I should get a jumbo if it comes in that size?

I don't have a boy bag and since prices are going up, I should get one before it does. Is it more structured or more durable than the caviar classic? I don't have a jumbo, maybe I should get a jumbo if it comes in that size?
Thanks. I don’t know why, but the pink is calling! I wear a lot of neutrals, generally,so a pop of pink in the summer could be fun. I have the Gucci Soho in red, and I love how it looks with black in the winter and whites and blues in the summer. The boy is a lot more structured then the classic flaps, as it’s got a stiff rectangle shape to it. I don’t believe it comes in a size as big as the Jumbo. The biggest I have seen is the Large size, which you may like depending on your stature.

Reactions: kkatrina
Thanks. I don’t know why, but the pink is calling! I wear a lot of neutrals, generally,so a pop of pink in the summer could be fun. I have the Gucci Soho in red, and I love how it looks with black in the winter and whites and blues in the summer. The boy is a lot more structured then the classic flaps, as it’s got a stiff rectangle shape to it. I don’t believe it comes in a size as big as the Jumbo. The biggest I have seen is the Large size, which you may like depending on your stature.

If the pink is calling then I definitely say go for the pink!!

Thank you! I think the large would be fine for me I'm 5'3" I need to go check it out in person.

If you're going to wear it, go for the pop of color! All my bags are black's and navy's as I feel it's more versatile for me. I have 3 Chanel's too and of course 2 are black and one is navy! It really depends on you, is the pink calling for you? [emoji4]
May I ask what year your navy is from? I'm totally lusting over one but I'm afraid the navy is too dark to easily discern that it's navy and not black.

If the pink is calling then I definitely say go for the pink!!

Thank you! I think the large would be fine for me I'm 5'3" I need to go check it out in person.

Do it! I'm 5'4 and I found the Large (or the XL as they now call it) to be too big for me. But if you don't have a Jumbo, you may want something on the bigger side to mix it up. I hope you find something you like! They have a gorgeous grey caviar with antique ghw out now that you might like!!

May I ask what year your navy is from? I'm totally lusting over one but I'm afraid the navy is too dark to easily discern that it's navy and not black.

The navy definitely looks like black (which is why I got it!) [emoji28] I got it in Barcelona from their Paris in Rome collection, it's a tote. I used a flash here to show the difference. One picture is taken with a flash and the other without you can tell how it truly looks black without a flash. IMG_9240.jpgIMG_9241.jpg

Do it! I'm 5'4 and I found the Large (or the XL as they now call it) to be too big for me. But if you don't have a Jumbo, you may want something on the bigger side to mix it up. I hope you find something you like! They have a gorgeous grey caviar with antique ghw out now that you might like!!

I've always loved grey! Thank you!! Thanks for the tip if that's the case I might feel it to be overpowering too. I'll see when I try it on.

I like the shape of the boy, I have an old medium boy, a classic jumbo double flap and a medium double flap. The classics are more strong and structured than the boy. The reason why is because the straps on the classic is in the middle of the bag, the straps for the boy is on the sides of the bag and causes the boy bag to buckle in the middle and it begins to sink inward. I would go for a classic over the boy, although I have to say the jumbo is so heavy without anything in it. The boy is light and I can wear it for longer periods of time. The straps on the jumbo kill me. The medium classic is more manageable but holds a lot less and you can’t wear it cross body unless you’re really short. Hope this helps, but ultimately go with what you love ❤️

The navy definitely looks like black (which is why I got it!) [emoji28] I got it in Barcelona from their Paris in Rome collection, it's a tote. I used a flash here to show the difference. One picture is taken with a flash and the other without you can tell how it truly looks black without a flash. View attachment 3960050View attachment 3960052
Thanks so much for the pics! Your tote is :loveeyes: . It's amazing how different the blue is with and without the flash. I have some thinking to do. :confused1:

Hi all, i am new to TPF. Would like to ask your opinion on the following. I have a black mini rectangular in shw, and a black reissue in rhw. Would really want a m/l CF which would likely be my last purchase. What would be your suggestions as to a good choice? I am thinking a black caviar with ghw ( and how versatile is this? would it be more as an evening/dressy bag only?) or a beige colour ?( but worried about colour transfer). I feel a black with shw would be very casual and versatile but it will be too similar to my mini. I would consider if a grey or navy one comes along but these are hard to find. I want to use my bags carefree, day n night. Thank you in advance!