CHANEL CHIT CHAT Thread!

I like the shape of the boy, I have an old medium boy, a classic jumbo double flap and a medium double flap. The classics are more strong and structured than the boy. The reason why is because the straps on the classic is in the middle of the bag, the straps for the boy is on the sides of the bag and causes the boy bag to buckle in the middle and it begins to sink inward. I would go for a classic over the boy, although I have to say the jumbo is so heavy without anything in it. The boy is light and I can wear it for longer periods of time. The straps on the jumbo kill me. The medium classic is more manageable but holds a lot less and you can’t wear it cross body unless you’re really short. Hope this helps, but ultimately go with what you love [emoji173]️

This is sooo helpful. Thanks so much for your detailed tips!! I did some more picture searching and did see the middle of the boy bags sinking in! If you didn't bring it up, I would've totally missed it. If I bought it, I would be extremely upset about it, so a massive thank you! I've only used google so I don't know if some of the bags are real or replicas but I like the boy woc and boy with handles! I don't think I'll go for a large boy anymore.

Reactions: rajneon01
Hi all, i am new to TPF. Would like to ask your opinion on the following. I have a black mini rectangular in shw, and a black reissue in rhw. Would really want a m/l CF which would likely be my last purchase. What would be your suggestions as to a good choice? I am thinking a black caviar with ghw ( and how versatile is this? would it be more as an evening/dressy bag only?) or a beige colour ?( but worried about colour transfer). I feel a black with shw would be very casual and versatile but it will be too similar to my mini. I would consider if a grey or navy one comes along but these are hard to find. I want to use my bags carefree, day n night. Thank you in advance!

This it fully a personal choice and what you'll love! I have 2 black flap bags but I love black especially for classics. I would probably never wear my beige because I'd be terrified of the color transfer too. The black is definitely not causal, in my opinion it's a dress up or down bag but I'd lean more on the up side. Black is safe, day and night [emoji2] however I'm so biased so my thoughts might not be very helpful to you.

This it fully a personal choice and what you'll love! I have 2 black flap bags but I love black especially for classics. I would probably never wear my beige because I'd be terrified of the color transfer too. The black is definitely not causal, in my opinion it's a dress up or down bag but I'd lean more on the up side. Black is safe, day and night [emoji2] however I'm so biased so my thoughts might not be very helpful to you.
Thanks for your reply. I tend to stay safe and would probably pick black eventually, as it is pure chanel classic in my opinion. Although it means the likelihood of bumping into many others carrying the same combo bag in social events esp in my small community! :P

Thanks for your reply. I tend to stay safe and would probably pick black eventually, as it is pure chanel classic in my opinion. Although it means the likelihood of bumping into many others carrying the same combo bag in social events esp in my small community! :P

It's totally okay to have the same great bag [emoji1] I agree on black and classic! Show us your baby when you get her [emoji4]

Reactions: kuro#17
Sorry I just read your question again and realized you asked what year, not where! I got it in May 2016.

Thank you!! Good luck with your choice and let us know what you end up with [emoji2]
No worries and thanks! I know I definitely want navy with GHW and that it's navy and not regular blue. But there's such a fine line (for me) with navy when it can go too dark. I found one on therealreal that looks like it's from 2015/2016 (starts with 21) and loved the shade, but the hardware was super faded and the whole final sale thing scares me a bit with them. Maybe the same year as yours? The one I'm considering looks like it may be a shade darker (though the girl on the phone says it def looks blue in person, but she took a pic of it next to a black bag and TBH I couldn't really tell which was which). I wish I could see it in person before I pull the trigger (I can return I just hate returning things when I can't do it in person lol).

Reactions: kkatrina
Sorry I just read your question again and realized you asked what year, not where! I got it in May 2016.

Thank you!! Good luck with your choice and let us know what you end up with [emoji2]

This is the pic the girl from the store sent me btw. The navy bag is on the right. I could only find one other listing for the same series navy and I attached that as well. The color definitely looks better in the fashionphile pic, but I'm going to go ahead and assume they use a lot of lighting.

IMG_3880.JPG IMG_3881.PNG

For reference, I have a black caviar jumbo GHW and a pearly beige caviar m/l brushed GHW. I eventually want to get a small or m/l in black with GHW (my mind says stick with caviar because of the durability but it is also saying lambskin would change it up a little). I'm a little afraid if this one is too close to black it would make it silly for me to get black down the road. Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated ladies! :wave:

Reactions: kkatrina
No worries and thanks! I know I definitely want navy with GHW and that it's navy and not regular blue. But there's such a fine line (for me) with navy when it can go too dark. I found one on therealreal that looks like it's from 2015/2016 (starts with 21) and loved the shade, but the hardware was super faded and the whole final sale thing scares me a bit with them. Maybe the same year as yours? The one I'm considering looks like it may be a shade darker (though the girl on the phone says it def looks blue in person, but she took a pic of it next to a black bag and TBH I couldn't really tell which was which). I wish I could see it in person before I pull the trigger (I can return I just hate returning things when I can't do it in person lol).
There's a navy ML at Coutureusa. Condition is good, hardware shiny. I saw it in person and was tempted but I had just got the black one. I have to be good. They have addl 10% off right now.

Reactions: ProShopper1
That's the one I'm looking at! Could you easily tell that it's navy? (Fingers crossed!!)
Yes. It is definitely a nice navy, not like the picture on the website which makes it appear kind of ashy black. You can see the nice true navy blue in person. I looked at every Chanel in the store but that was the one I liked! Call and ask Amber at the counter to send you a couple of additional pictures. She is sitting 4 feet away from the bag. Very accommodating. Very sweet girl.

Can you guys give me your thoughts about this shoe? Purchased on sale but I’m thinking about returning as I feel they may look too small and I’m not 100% in love with the side profile but I don’t want to regret it. They were $300 from $850 so a really great deal.

IMG_0526.jpg
IMG_0525.jpg
IMG_0524.jpg
IMG_0523.jpg
IMG_1518110656.953802.jpg

Reactions: Mgallows
Can you guys give me your thoughts about this shoe? Purchased on sale but I’m thinking about returning as I feel they may look too small and I’m not 100% in love with the side profile but I don’t want to regret it. They were $300 from $850 so a really great deal.

View attachment 3961141
View attachment 3961142
View attachment 3961143
View attachment 3961144
View attachment 3961145
If I just look at the photos they look OK, but if I look at them thinking, "Are they too small?" then they look a little small. I think you can get away with it though.

Send it back. Please. For exchange, return or repair at least.
I contacted them by email they asked me to bring it to the boutique and they will send it to Paris. My husband thinks im overreacting, and that it doesn’t show much in real, and that it’s bound to happen anyway. I’m not so sure what to do ..