Scarves Your Grail Scarf

Scarf mail arrived today! :wlae: The scarf that arrived is none other than Ex Libris en Kimono, so @Joannadyne good guess! :tup: (Might want to check your wardrobe to see if yours is still there. :giggle:)

Anyway, this was yet another design before my time but it looks fab modeled by many lovely members here. :loveeyes: The price though, is even more fabulous, way out of my price range!! :cray: I'd resigned myself to the fact that this will be one to admire, given the price but these grails always appear when I'm not looking! (This happened with all the silks that found its way to me last year from the resale market including this and this.)

This cw was my first choice for this design and am so pleased to finally own it after a dear friend alerted me to it! In case you're wondering, I paid current Euro retail for this inclusive shipping, so it's a reasonable price to me even though I know it retailed for less back then (Seller actually included copy of receipt, purchased from France). It's brand new, unworn in pristine condition. :yahoo: :happydance: Will hopefully wear this soon or will share mod shots of it on the Scarf of the Day thread for this week.

Now I'm only down to one grail on my list and I'm in no hurry to find it because from I know it'll find its way to me instead! :biggrin: :graucho:

View attachment 3953966 View attachment 3953967 View attachment 3953968 View attachment 3953969 View attachment 3953970
Stunning!! This is such a beautiful design with so many details to please the eye. So glad you found it for a reasonable price. I am one of those who refuses to pay over current retail for a scarf and thus often have to wait years before finding a grail haha. The hunt can be half the fun. Enjoy this beauty!

Scarfies, I found my grail. Patiently waited quite some time to find the right colorway and condition to come along. My new to me Aux porte du palais mousseline coral blanc colorway.

View attachment 3954032
Beautiful pattern and ethereal colorway! Enjoy dear Lanit!

Reactions: lanit
Stunning!! This is such a beautiful design with so many details to please the eye. So glad you found it for a reasonable price. I am one of those who refuses to pay over current retail for a scarf and thus often have to wait years before finding a grail haha. The hunt can be half the fun. Enjoy this beauty!

I know what you mean about waiting forever for a grail because of pricing, BJS! I have a hard time paying more than retail, too. But it is that much sweeter when one finally makes its way to you, isn’t it? Here’s to all your grails coming to you at less than retail, dear!

Reactions: Bostonjetset
Thanks for your advice on the moussies. Somehow I think it's better to be in control and risk a little texture change than sending to a dry cleaner and end-up them ruining them. Still freaked-out though.

Congrats on Pays d'Epices, I can see this looking sensational on you.

Thank you pt! I did indeed wear it and it is super fabu! Love it!

I hear you on the control thing. There isn't a dry cleaner anywhere near I would trust with a scarf. I barely trust them with a pair of linen pants...Last time I had a problem of a stain (ink) on hubby's favorite shirt I went to an upscale cleaners and they cleaned it, charged me $7 or $10, did not get the stain out and then in frustration I pitched it in the laundry and the stain promptly went away...(Guess who I never went back to again....)

Here's the Epices from SOTD this week...so darn cute it is! Love the center!!!

epicesblack.jpg

Thank you pt! I did indeed wear it and it is super fabu! Love it!

I hear you on the control thing. There isn't a dry cleaner anywhere near I would trust with a scarf. I barely trust them with a pair of linen pants...Last time I had a problem of a stain (ink) on hubby's favorite shirt I went to an upscale cleaners and they cleaned it, charged me $7 or $10, did not get the stain out and then in frustration I pitched it in the laundry and the stain promptly went away...(Guess who I never went back to again....)

Here's the Epices from SOTD this week...so darn cute it is! Love the center!!!

View attachment 3956233

Soooo pretty. [emoji177]

My turn! Found a grail yesterday that I didn’t realize was a grail until I finally saw one available! I’ve always adored it but thought it was out of my league and was intimidated by the whole large silk thing. Spending a weekend with some expert scarfies helped with that, so I’m taking the large silk leap.

It’s on layaway so unless I lose all patience and just pay the rest like today ([emoji23]) we’ll have to wait till March for the reveal, but I’m very excited.

Please stand by!

Beautiful pattern and ethereal colorway! Enjoy dear Lanit!
Thanks dear BJS!

Soooo pretty. [emoji177]

My turn! Found a grail yesterday that I didn’t realize was a grail until I finally saw one available! I’ve always adored it but thought it was out of my league and was intimidated by the whole large silk thing. Spending a weekend with some expert scarfies helped with that, so I’m taking the large silk leap.

It’s on layaway so unless I lose all patience and just pay the rest like today ([emoji23]) we’ll have to wait till March for the reveal, but I’m very excited.

Please stand by!

Thank you dear Pirula! I can hardly wait for whatever you may have up your sleeve! It's sure to be fabulous!

So...I've been hanging around long enough to see that while I'd love to list out my wish-list, it seems that doing so just makes them harder to find. Do you just whisper quietly into your friends' ears?

Thanks! Well you won't have to wait long now. I couldn't wait and hopefully it'll ship today!

:roflmfao: I think we must be related Pirula! Can't wait to see it!

So...I've been hanging around long enough to see that while I'd love to list out my wish-list, it seems that doing so just makes them harder to find. Do you just whisper quietly into your friends' ears?

That's a toughie. I think it depends on just how "graily" your grails may be. Fortunately, I tend to obsess over things that others don't, and so most things that are grails for me, aren't in the general category. Or course, if I ever found a FauSduV at a good price, that's not to say I wouldn't want one....Maybe don't tell all, but start with one?

Reactions: eliwon
That's a toughie. I think it depends on just how "graily" your grails may be. Fortunately, I tend to obsess over things that others don't, and so most things that are grails for me, aren't in the general category. Or course, if I ever found a FauSduV at a good price, that's not to say I wouldn't want one....Maybe don't tell all, but start with one?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that's great advice. I'd have to say for me that most of my grails aren't the classic ones either. However, I'm doubting myself on what I *really* want. I'm sad to say that I recently purchased one of my grails from an online consignment site. I was delighted as I'd been hunting it for awhile. It was in perfect condition and yet when I received it and tried it on....no magic occurred. :sad: I ended up returning it. So, I hate to involve others in my hunt and then find out I don't love it when I get it. That sounds neurotic, doesn't it? LOL

Reactions: momasaurus
That's a toughie. I think it depends on just how "graily" your grails may be. Fortunately, I tend to obsess over things that others don't, and so most things that are grails for me, aren't in the general category. Or course, if I ever found a FauSduV at a good price, that's not to say I wouldn't want one....Maybe don't tell all, but start with one?

Thanks, that's great advice. I'd have to say for me that most of my grails aren't the classic ones either. However, I'm doubting myself on what I *really* want. I'm sad to say that I recently purchased one of my grails from an online consignment site. I was delighted as I'd been hunting it for awhile. It was in perfect condition and yet when I received it and tried it on....no magic occurred. :sad: I ended up returning it. So, I hate to involve others in my hunt and then find out I don't love it when I get it. That sounds neurotic, doesn't it? LOL[/QUOTE]

not at all. I totally understand. I've had the same reaction at times. Things I really wanted and searched for ending up "meh" while others that I have gotten "for fun" or "a great deal" end up being something I'd have a hard time letting go.

Thanks, that's great advice. I'd have to say for me that most of my grails aren't the classic ones either. However, I'm doubting myself on what I *really* want. I'm sad to say that I recently purchased one of my grails from an online consignment site. I was delighted as I'd been hunting it for awhile. It was in perfect condition and yet when I received it and tried it on....no magic occurred. :sad: I ended up returning it. So, I hate to involve others in my hunt and then find out I don't love it when I get it. That sounds neurotic, doesn't it? LOL[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone here would mind if they alerted someone to a grail then later learned it didn't work for them. It happens to all of us.

The grail reveal thing is strange. Some are "already out there" as grails and priced sky high, especially in specific colorways. Sometimes (not that often really, but it does happen, so someone is reading) a random grail will be mentioned and then show up on eBay the next day for three times retail. :blah:

Thanks, that's great advice. I'd have to say for me that most of my grails aren't the classic ones either. However, I'm doubting myself on what I *really* want. I'm sad to say that I recently purchased one of my grails from an online consignment site. I was delighted as I'd been hunting it for awhile. It was in perfect condition and yet when I received it and tried it on....no magic occurred. :sad: I ended up returning it. So, I hate to involve others in my hunt and then find out I don't love it when I get it. That sounds neurotic, doesn't it? LOL

not at all. I totally understand. I've had the same reaction at times. Things I really wanted and searched for ending up "meh" while others that I have gotten "for fun" or "a great deal" end up being something I'd have a hard time letting go.[/QUOTE]

I spent an entire afternoon trying on H scarves this weekend and it was like this. Between H Madison and Bergdorf's, I even found every older design I'd been contemplating for a year or so, in the cws I'd been thinking about. Nothing worked. Nothing. Total bummer. Ah well.......:frown:

Ok, I'll say it out loud....I want La Vie du Grand Nord. I know it's a zillion $$ on resale sites and it's been copied like crazy but I love those huskies and polar bears. I would really like the CSGM but it's like nutsy expensive but even the 90cm would be great. If I could pick, my colorway...sigh....I'd like one of the warm color versions. While the cool icy ones are gorgeous, they're not good with my skin tone.