**Hermes Chat**

pursey, whatcha planning to renovate? And what sorts of looks/styles/colors are you drawn to?

Pretty much the whole upstairs: both bathrooms are original to the house and basic builder. The secondary one will just be a replace the vanity and fixtures. The master bathroom will be shower instead of a tub, double sinks instead of one, drawers in the vanity etc. I’ll move the laundry from the main floor to the upstairs. Install hardwood floors in the hall and other bedrooms.

I’ll need to then do something with the main floor laundry room. That will become a pantry.
Main floor needs to be painted.

Then depending on how much all that will cost, I’d like to redo the basement too.

Exhausted yet?

Once the inside stuff is done, then the front door can be replaced. Front door is the last window/door to be replaced.

Exterior is in good shape, some cosmetic stuff needs to be done. Roof will be OK for a bit. Eventually, air conditioner and furnace.

You all have me thinking of spring projects too. I need some painting done outside and the roof done to start. I'd like to redo the floors upstairs too. Pursey are you having prefinished floors put in? I think they have gotten much better than when I looked at installing hardwood many years ago. I just had oak floors put in at that time, but what a mess.

Last edited:
I'd be remiss if I didn't say "go Eagles!" What a nailbiter and great win for them last night. I was on the edge of my chair for the last quarter. (This might suggest that I am a big sports fan -- I'm not, but will watch the Eagles play.)

Can wooden floors be put over. . . wooden floors? I cannot imagine trying to refinish our floors while living in the house, but I can imagine maybe recovering the foyer/front hall/kitchen area with some contrasting sort of floor covering. There is NOTHING underneath our current hardwood--nothing as in: spill water in the kitchen and it drips through the dropped basement ceiling. This would seem to complicate matters. . . .
No. Can't face renos at the moment. Enough on my plate!

You all have me thinking of spring projects too. I need some painting done outside and the roof done to start. I'd like to redo the floors upstairs too. Pursey are you having prefinished floors put in? I think they have gotten much better than when I looked at installing hardwood many years ago. I just had oak floors put in at that time, but what a mess.

Yes, prefinished. That’s what I have in the MBR and living room

What kind of roof are you going to do? Neighbors put a metal roof on their house

We are all buzzing here about our Vikings. What a game!

It’s also very cold and snowy. Blah.

Mindi—I think you could put wood over wood as long as the floor height isn’t an issue.

Good night girls!

I killed chat.

But, if anyone is around and could spare some vibes for my mom, that would be great. Having some minor medical stuff, but at her age, nothing is truly minor. And, I’m not sure I’m getting the full story....

Reactions: hannahsophia
Not sure where to correctly post this question - I have a collection of Hermès scarves (20+ [emoji854]), several bracelets, scarf rings and a Ulysses notebook. I’m debating buying a bolide this year, which will be my most expensive bag purchase to date. Ideally, I’d love a 35cm in etain, however, I know it might be difficult to find. I think I have enough spending to ask for a birkin as well. My question is, would you purchase a bolide or a birkin in my situation? A birkin is definitely a bag that does a lot of talking for you, but I love that the bolide has a zipper (so practical). But I’d probably rarely wear the cross body strap or need to actually zipper the bag (mostly in my car or work drawer during the day). The birkin has better resale value, although I don’t plan on reselling. I feel like I’d be comfortable with a birkin in 5 years but not ready to carry a bag like that at work yet. Thoughts? I’m in finance.

Not sure where to correctly post this question - I have a collection of Hermès scarves (20+ [emoji854]), several bracelets, scarf rings and a Ulysses notebook. I’m debating buying a bolide this year, which will be my most expensive bag purchase to date. Ideally, I’d love a 35cm in etain, however, I know it might be difficult to find. I think I have enough spending to ask for a birkin as well. My question is, would you purchase a bolide or a birkin in my situation? A birkin is definitely a bag that does a lot of talking for you, but I love that the bolide has a zipper (so practical). But I’d probably rarely wear the cross body strap or need to actually zipper the bag (mostly in my car or work drawer during the day). The birkin has better resale value, although I don’t plan on reselling. I feel like I’d be comfortable with a birkin in 5 years but not ready to carry a bag like that at work yet. Thoughts? I’m in finance.

Are you open to buying resale? You’d be able to buy a bolide for less than purchasing from the boutique.
Have you looked at and tried on a 35 bolide? It holds a lot less than a 35 cm Birkin. I have both and have no issues carrying a bolide to work. No one knows it’s Hermes.

Are you open to buying resale? You’d be able to buy a bolide for less than purchasing from the boutique.
Have you looked at and tried on a 35 bolide? It holds a lot less than a 35 cm Birkin. I have both and have no issues carrying a bolide to work. No one knows it’s Hermes.

I have held a 31 and a 35 bolide and the 35 was perfect. I don’t really carry that much daily. I’d rather purchase a one new, mostly because I don’t really know the reseller route very well.

I have held a 31 and a 35 bolide and the 35 was perfect. I don’t really carry that much daily. I’d rather purchase a one new, mostly because I don’t really know the reseller route very well.
The Bolide strap really isn't cross body; not long enough for me at any rate. I have the 35 and love it and yes, the zipper does come in handy in crowds, when out, etc. The strap at least gives you that shoulder carry option that the Birkin does not and there are many places I would not feel comfortable bringing my Birkins. Work, for one. So those are things to consider.

As for resale, I find Bolides priced much higher used than they used to be even a few years ago. But new they are pretty close to the cost of a Birkin 30 so there is also that to consider.