**Hermes Chat**

The Bolide strap really isn't cross body; not long enough for me at any rate. I have the 35 and love it and yes, the zipper does come in handy in crowds, when out, etc. The strap at least gives you that shoulder carry option that the Birkin does not and there are many places I would not feel comfortable bringing my Birkins. Work, for one. So those are things to consider.

As for resale, I find Bolides priced much higher used than they used to be even a few years ago. But new they are pretty close to the cost of a Birkin 30 so there is also that to consider.

Thanks mistikat! Definitely good thoughts to ponder on.

ck, sending so many vibes and hugs your way for you and your mom. :hugs:

Thanks for the good thoughts—keep em coming! Mom is still not feeling quite right, despite three visits to the doctor so far. Ugh. She plans to go back on Monday and be more insistent. Of course we’re supposed to have a snow storm on Monday and our Disney trip is supposed to start in 10 days. Her health is more important than any trip, but it just adds another wrinkle.

Otherwise, we are Vikings-crazed and excited for the game tomorrow!

At the ER with my mom. Her abdominal pain was getting worse and I convinced her that it’s better and safer to sort it out now than to wait until tomorrow or Monday.

Been here an hour and it’s another hour before she’ll be seen. I’m hoping (and will insist) that they admit her.

Anyone around to hang out with me tonight?

CK, To take your mind off your Mom, I found a product that really works for chapped hands. With all the cold weather, my hands were a mess. It’s called Bag Balm. A colleague gave me some to try. It has the texture of petroleum jelly, smells like a cross between Vick’s Vaporub and something else I can’t place, but it’s mildly medicinal. She said they used it on cow’s udders in Vermont. Who am I to argue? So I tried some and it works. It takes awhile to seep into your skin, but it lasts far longer than normal hand cream. So I got a tin from Amazon. Even though the name is Bag Balm, I would not let it near any of my bags.

Yes, I know. I lead this fabby instagrammable life. I’m raving over cow udder cream.

Oh and I did go to DC today. Stopped off at H too and picked up a 140 twill.

Reactions: prepster and ck21
CK, To take your mind off your Mom, I found a product that really works for chapped hands. With all the cold weather, my hands were a mess. It’s called Bag Balm. A colleague gave me some to try. It has the texture of petroleum jelly, smells like a cross between Vick’s Vaporub and something else I can’t place, but it’s mildly medicinal. She said they used it on cow’s udders in Vermont. Who am I to argue? So I tried some and it works. It takes awhile to seep into your skin, but it lasts far longer than normal hand cream. So I got a tin from Amazon. Even though the name is Bag Balm, I would not let it near any of my bags.

Yes, I know. I lead this fabby instagrammable life. I’m raving over cow udder cream.

Oh and I did go to DC today. Stopped off at H too and picked up a 140 twill.
Thanks for the distraction! That name is so appropriate for this group! My mom wants me to order some. :smile:

Reactions: prepster
So.much.better. Everyone is kind and appreciative. That shouldn’t be unusual, but I felt unappreciated for so long!

How are things on your end?
Things on my end are interesting. In late October I was asked to work part time, three days a week.At first, I was upset, but now, I like it. I make my own hours and it allowed me to manage my renovation. At the end of last week, I was asked to go back full time due to staff turnover. The details have yet to be worked out, but I’m going to have more account management responsibility, which I am OK with. I’m going to negotiate working one day per week from home as this will allow me more freedom and less commuting.