~Ban Island~ Moral Support! ~Let’s Resist Temptation Together!~

View attachment 3934533
I might have found the first item to make me swim away from ban island! :lol:

I can't wear heels that are too high and I've been on the search for a mule that wasn't too high but not completely flat either. Surprisingly, there's not much offered in this middle ground. Anyway, these are cute and look like they'd hold my foot securely. Tell me the truth. Do these look like granny sandals? They come in a lot of colors and I am interested in the light beige color but isn't the red and pink fun?

I don’t think they look like granny sandals at all - I think the orange ones look darling!

Reactions: can_do_mom
View attachment 3934533

I can't wear heels that are too high and I've been on the search for a mule that wasn't too high but not completely flat either. Surprisingly, there's not much offered in this middle ground. Anyway, these are cute and look like they'd hold my foot securely. Tell me the truth. Do these look like granny sandals? They come in a lot of colors and I am interested in the light beige color but isn't the red and pink fun?
I really like the beige, and they don't look grannyish at all :smile:

Reactions: can_do_mom
View attachment 3934533

Those are very cute and practical. It seems they will fill a hole in your wardrobe. They are something that you have been on the hunt for for a while. Do you think they will last for several seasons? They have a classic style with just a bit of flair, so they won't go out of style immediately (IMO). They will go with pants or dresses. I could think of a worse purchase to make.

But if you are committed to being on total ban, then do you REALLY need a pair of shoes? Is there anything else in your closet that will work with the outfits you would wear these with? If so, then reconsider.

As for me, I am still doing well on my ban. I received my last purchase before touching down on the island. I am looking forward to using it on my upcoming trip in February. It goes very well with my travel tote that I was debating replacing.

I've been keeping myself busy. I finished the quilt I was working on and delivered it to my friend. She will ship it to her daughter to await the arrival of baby Eliza. I also made a pleather cosmetic pouch with a vinyl covered cotton lining for my dog. She is a diva. :smile: When we take her to the dog wash we bring her own shampoo, brush, and a slobber towel if she goes to the park first. So this will hold all her accoutrements for the day's outings.

I still find myself looking at lux websites, but I think I am going to start a wish list. I want my purchases to be thought out and less impulsive.

Those are very cute and practical. It seems they will fill a hole in your wardrobe. They are something that you have been on the hunt for for a while. Do you think they will last for several seasons? They have a classic style with just a bit of flair, so they won't go out of style immediately (IMO). They will go with pants or dresses. I could think of a worse purchase to make.

But if you are committed to being on total ban, then do you REALLY need a pair of shoes? Is there anything else in your closet that will work with the outfits you would wear these with? If so, then reconsider.

As for me, I am still doing well on my ban. I received my last purchase before touching down on the island. I am looking forward to using it on my upcoming trip in February. It goes very well with my travel tote that I was debating replacing.

I've been keeping myself busy. I finished the quilt I was working on and delivered it to my friend. She will ship it to her daughter to await the arrival of baby Eliza. I also made a pleather cosmetic pouch with a vinyl covered cotton lining for my dog. She is a diva. :smile: When we take her to the dog wash we bring her own shampoo, brush, and a slobber towel if she goes to the park first. So this will hold all her accoutrements for the day's outings.

I still find myself looking at lux websites, but I think I am going to start a wish list. I want my purchases to be thought out and less impulsive.

I have a wishlist as well. But I'm more interested in the cosmetic pouch you made for your dog! haha.

There's a place here that I can take my dog to wash her there. I'm going to need a similar pouch if I go the DIY route over getting her washed and groomed by the professionals.

I have a wishlist as well. But I'm more interested in the cosmetic pouch you made for your dog! haha.

There's a place here that I can take my dog to wash her there. I'm going to need a similar pouch if I go the DIY route over getting her washed and groomed by the professionals.

Do you sew? It is an easy pattern. I can DM you the info. It's a free pattern. I made the whole thing in a couple of hours.

Gracie Pouch - 1.jpg

View attachment 3934533

Because of the unique heel, I don't think these are grannyish. But, I do think how they'll swing it depend heavily on what you wear with them. If you ouch your outfit more mod (think 60's), architectural or edgy then I think these will be perfect and very on trend. However, If you wear something like denim capris and blouse with small floral prints with these, they could look mumsy.
These little beauties just arrived from Matches. I need some new warm (non-dog walking) gloves but everything was a bit ordinary till I spotted these in the sale. Chuffed that they go with my rubis bag :P and lined in cosy alpaca (and not a bag :doh:)

View attachment 3935030
I ADORE THESE! I have a serious glove addiction YUMMY!

Reactions: msd_bags and Evia
• 5 months and 1 week with no handbag purchases other than a bag swap. :biggrin:

• 15 days into the year and I haven't bought anything beyond necessities. In fact I've very happily returned about $4500 of stuff I bought during moments of insanity in December. :facepalm: When I looked at it, I wasn't even sure which of my personalities bought the stuff! :doh:

I'm not on a total ban because I do plan to buy clothes this year. But, I am trying very hard not to buy any handbags unless they're perfect adds. And, I'd like to see if I can make it to 6 months no purchases. Only 3 weeks to go!

Last edited: