Help... speedy 30 bandouliere too big?

Apr 30, 2015
Hello everyone
I am keen to purchase the speedy 30 bandouliere that I would like to use as an everyday bag and for the most part wear it cross body. However, I am 5ft 2inches and wear about a size 6 (US size) or size 10 (UK size)... quite petite!
Having read many threads about this most people say that this would be just too big for my frame cross body however I quite like the relaxed saggy look!

Any thoughts or modelling shots of someone who likes this size crossbody ?

Thanks in advance x

Do you carry a lot everyday?
Bear in mind that a lot of people complain about the small opening of 25 and with a 30 I can understand why.

I’m similar to your frame and wear size 0-2 US. I have a 30 but I don’t wear it crossbody. Glad that I’ve picked this size over 25 as I need the space!

Reactions: TrixyG
Do you carry a lot everyday?
Bear in mind that a lot of people complain about the small opening of 25 and with a 30 I can understand why.

I’m similar to your frame and wear size 0-2 US. I have a 30 but I don’t wear it crossbody. Glad that I’ve picked this size over 25 as I need the space!
Hi
I don’t carry a lot on an average day. However I have young children so on days out at the weekend I would be more likely to take a few extra bits and pieces as we are just about out of a baby change bag. Also, if I was to go out for longer periods I like to take with me a book, water bottle, iPod etc.... so I am thinking the 30 would suit better. Thanks for your thoughts.

I was going through this same dilemma a few months ago. I ended up going with the 25 because in my opinion 30 was a bit overwhelming to wear crossbody on my body frame (I’m size 0-2 and 5’1 1/2 on good days lol). Also, I normally don’t carry a lot of things in my bag so 25 is more than enough for me. But it all comes down to what your needs are: Do you need more space? Do you prefer a bigger opening? Etc. :smile:

I say carry what you feel comfortable with no matter what your size. Something that I think works for me may not work for you. You have to go with your gut.

By the way I have a 30B and 5'2 and a size 6/8 and it works for me.

I think the 30 is the perfect size ! Although the 25 is cute I find it small for an everyday fav . I have the 35 and it’s big but smaller when worn because it doesn’t keep its shape so I enjoy it because I can fit everything in that bag ! The 30 is a great medium bag not to small not to big .. perfect size

I use the 25b for everyday and the 30b for travel because I need to carry extra items. They're both great sizes, just get the one that carries your stuff, happy shopping!

I would suggest going with what you like. After all you are the one who will carry this bag and should be happy.

I have a Speedy B 30 and wear it with the shoulder strap most of the time. Sometimes I wonder why I did not choose the 25 but then the next time I use my 30, I am happy I got this size:
1. I tend to carry a tad more in winter time (or in general [emoji28]) and want to be able to fit my scarf inside whenever I decide it gets to hot. The Speedy is my main bad wether / winter bag.
2. I am only able to fit my planner and cosmetic pouch GM due to the bigger opening.

Good luck with your decision! The Speedy is a great choice.

I have a speedy DE 25 and i use it as my weekend bag. I always wear it on the shoulder strap, i am 5'8 and it looks perfect. The opening is a bit small though. I went to the store just last week as i want to get another speedy in azur. I was planning to get the 30 but after some comparisons the 30 does look rather bulky on me. Mind you i use neverfulls as everyday bags so 30 might be the right choice for you.