Help... speedy 30 bandouliere too big?

1. Hello everyone
    I am keen to purchase the speedy 30 bandouliere that I would like to use as an everyday bag and for the most part wear it cross body. However, I am 5ft 2inches and wear about a size 6 (US size) or size 10 (UK size)... quite petite!
    Having read many threads about this most people say that this would be just too big for my frame cross body however I quite like the relaxed saggy look!

Any thoughts or modelling shots of someone who likes this size crossbody ?

Thanks in advance x

2. Do you carry a lot everyday?
    Bear in mind that a lot of people complain about the small opening of 25 and with a 30 I can understand why.

I’m similar to your frame and wear size 0-2 US. I have a 30 but I don’t wear it crossbody. Glad that I’ve picked this size over 25 as I need the space!

3. JazzyMac likes this.
  4. I'm 5'2" and about 115 lbs. I love my 30! I sold my 25 because it was too small. And I only wear mine crossbody:smile: Pics below!

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    daysha, SDfromND, LVLOYAL12 and 5 others like this.
  5. Thanks for these pictures! Looks really good on you and you are quite a bit slimmer than me! I do think it would suit me better for an everyday bag!

6. Thanks for the link it was very helpful.

TrixyG likes this.
  7. Hi
    I don’t carry a lot on an average day. However I have young children so on days out at the weekend I would be more likely to take a few extra bits and pieces as we are just about out of a baby change bag. Also, if I was to go out for longer periods I like to take with me a book, water bottle, iPod etc.... so I am thinking the 30 would suit better. Thanks for your thoughts.

8. I was going through this same dilemma a few months ago. I ended up going with the 25 because in my opinion 30 was a bit overwhelming to wear crossbody on my body frame (I’m size 0-2 and 5’1 1/2 on good days lol). Also, I normally don’t carry a lot of things in my bag so 25 is more than enough for me. But it all comes down to what your needs are: Do you need more space? Do you prefer a bigger opening? Etc. :smile:

9. I say carry what you feel comfortable with no matter what your size. Something that I think works for me may not work for you. You have to go with your gut.

By the way I have a 30B and 5'2 and a size 6/8 and it works for me.

10. I am legit the same measurements as you and I got the Speedy B 30. I carry it mostly handheld. In the pictures, I have the 25 and 30 side-by-side and then the 30B worn crossbody.

I hope this helps! 20170926_154504.jpg 20180112_220853.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PinkKelly, SDfromND and sayakayumi like this.
  11. I think the 30 is the perfect size ! Although the 25 is cute I find it small for an everyday fav . I have the 35 and it’s big but smaller when worn because it doesn’t keep its shape so I enjoy it because I can fit everything in that bag ! The 30 is a great medium bag not to small not to big .. perfect size

12. I use the 25b for everyday and the 30b for travel because I need to carry extra items. They're both great sizes, just get the one that carries your stuff, happy shopping!

13. Aw, thanks! :smile:

14. I would suggest going with what you like. After all you are the one who will carry this bag and should be happy.

I have a Speedy B 30 and wear it with the shoulder strap most of the time. Sometimes I wonder why I did not choose the 25 but then the next time I use my 30, I am happy I got this size:
    1. I tend to carry a tad more in winter time (or in general ) and want to be able to fit my scarf inside whenever I decide it gets to hot. The Speedy is my main bad wether / winter bag.
    2. I am only able to fit my planner and cosmetic pouch GM due to the bigger opening.

Good luck with your decision! The Speedy is a great choice.

15. I have a speedy DE 25 and i use it as my weekend bag. I always wear it on the shoulder strap, i am 5'8 and it looks perfect. The opening is a bit small though. I went to the store just last week as i want to get another speedy in azur. I was planning to get the 30 but after some comparisons the 30 does look rather bulky on me. Mind you i use neverfulls as everyday bags so 30 might be the right choice for you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice