• Cooper

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • Double Swagger

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters

faintlymacabre

O.G.
Mar 30, 2007
I'm really super torn between these bags.

upload_2017-11-28_11-18-20.png

I'm attracted to them for different reasons, I suppose: The Cooper is classy and minimalist, while the Double Swagger just seems to scream luxurious, while still being a fairly unbranded-looking bag. I'm veering slightly towards the Double Swagger due to the leather interior vs the suede, though.

It seems like there's still a decent inventory of these at JAX (300+ Bordeaux Coopers, 100+ black Double Swaggers) so I do have time to decide if I want to take it, but E-bates is offering 8% right now, and I'm not sure I want to wait for a higher percentage. I've never seen it go higher than 10% on the Canadian side.

Most of my bags are black, but the Double Swagger definitely has enough coloured elements for me to consider it different enough!

What to do? :biggrin:

Does the separate compartments on Cooper vs one big compartment on Swagger make a difference? How about hardware preference (even though Cooper has gold on the edges.) Cooper is similar to rogue - how many rogues do you have?

I vote Swagger because I like a big open compartment (but I'd go for the yellow one for the hardware.) Although first glance at the pictures, Cooper is gorgeous too!

Reactions: MonsieurMode
Does the separate compartments on Cooper vs one big compartment on Swagger make a difference? How about hardware preference (even though Cooper has gold on the edges.) Cooper is similar to rogue - how many rogues do you have?

I vote Swagger because I like a big open compartment (but I'd go for the yellow one for the hardware.) Although first glance at the pictures, Cooper is gorgeous too!
I vote swagger too! That exact one sold out at NM with whatever promo they had going on at full price.

Reactions: MonsieurMode
I'm really super torn between these bags.

View attachment 3891766

I'm attracted to them for different reasons, I suppose: The Cooper is classy and minimalist, while the Double Swagger just seems to scream luxurious, while still being a fairly unbranded-looking bag. I'm veering slightly towards the Double Swagger due to the leather interior vs the suede, though.

It seems like there's still a decent inventory of these at JAX (300+ Bordeaux Coopers, 100+ black Double Swaggers) so I do have time to decide if I want to take it, but E-bates is offering 8% right now, and I'm not sure I want to wait for a higher percentage. I've never seen it go higher than 10% on the Canadian side.

Most of my bags are black, but the Double Swagger definitely has enough coloured elements for me to consider it different enough!

What to do? :biggrin:

Canadian ****** was 14% on Sunday, but dropped to 4% today. I vote for the Cooper; I think it's more timeless, I love the pop of colour (although I admit that I'm far from unbiased when it comes to red) and I personally prefer separate compartments to one big open area. YMMV though.

They're a similar size, but the Double Swagger seems kind of boxy to me. You may like that though; it's really a personal thing.

Reactions: MooMooVT
I like the Cooper. The Swagger is just too much for me, too busy looking with the different colors, the stitching, the turnlocks. If you want something that will stand the test of time, I'd say the Cooper. If you want trendy and don't mind that will possibly look dated in a few years, then go for the Swagger.

I have 1 Rogue 36 (black) and 1 regular size (olive). Definitely a fan of large open spaces rather than compartments, but a Rogue-like layout works for me as well. Basically all my hardware is black copper right now, so I'm not super opposed to seeing some brass. I actually normally dislike brass hardware, but think it really works well here!

Canadian ****** was 14% on Sunday, but dropped to 4% today. I vote for the Cooper; I think it's more timeless, I love the pop of colour (although I admit that I'm far from unbiased when it comes to red) and I personally prefer separate compartments to one big open area. YMMV though.

They're a similar size, but the Double Swagger seems kind of boxy to me. You may like that though; it's really a personal thing.

I don't know how I missed the 14%... but I am still seeing 8% for today! Do they give different percentages to different people based on their shopping patterns?! I don't mind boxy - I have a big ol' Rogue 36 after all.

I have 1 Rogue 36 (black) and 1 regular size (olive). Definitely a fan of large open spaces rather than compartments, but a Rogue-like layout works for me as well. Basically all my hardware is black copper right now, so I'm not super opposed to seeing some brass. I actually normally dislike brass hardware, but think it really works well here!

I don't know how I missed the 14%... but I am still seeing 8% for today! Do they give different percentages to different people based on their shopping patterns?! I don't mind boxy - I have a big ol' Rogue 36 after all.
That's interesting! I didn't bite on Sunday but I noticed it when I was doing some Christmas shopping at other retailers. I did a purchase at 8% yesterday, and today it's 4%. I wonder if we only get one at the higher percentage? I got 10% back when the PCE for 30% was on earlier in the fall as well.

Sounds like you really have your heart set on the Swagger; if that's the one you love, that's the one you should get. :smile:

I recently saw the Cooper in person and it is absolutely gorgeous. I agree with others that it is a classic shape. I thought that the inside was quite open and roomy despite there being a middle zip section.

Personally, I feel the the Cooper is rather blah. I don't think that there is anything novel or inventive about the design. Especially for the Cooper being 1941, that bothers me. I appreciate seeing Coach codes and hallmarks on the 1941 bags. Also, in one of the Cooper mod shots on the website, the handle is completely limp and folded down, which is not a cute look for the bag IMO.

I think that the Double Swagger is such a thoughtful successor to the Swagger, and all of the details seem to be luxuriously upgraded from the original design.

Cooper hands down. It is timeless and chic, the other will date itself and IMO already looks a bit dated, but you must go with whichever one makes you happiest when looking at it and wearing it. Good luck.