Coach x Selena Gomez

My store actually has a signed Selena bag. Here are some pics. View attachment 3790883View attachment 3790884
I'm sorry, but who would really want a bag with someone's name scribbled on it? It looks like someone's toddler found a sharpie and used it on mommy's purse. I guess someone who collects celebrity items would like it for their collection, but I honestly can't imagine someone would want to carry it.

I'm sorry, but who would really want a bag with someone's name scribbled on it? It looks like someone's toddler found a sharpie and used it on mommy's purse. I guess someone who collects celebrity items would like it for their collection, but I honestly can't imagine someone would want to carry it.
Don't forget they aren't targeting people who think like us. LOL. I asked if people have come in asking about it and they said yes. I think just yesterday a mother brought in her daughter to look at the bag and enter the contest. Yep, it's just a bag for hardcore fans or collectors.

Wow does sharpie come out of leather? :wtf: I didn't think a signed bag meant a GIANT scribble on the front. That's also not exactly a neat and pretty John Hancock. I wouldn't mind a smaller version on the side of the bag or something but wow that actually looks ruined, not that anyone is offering it to me anyway. I think the bag itself doesn't look bad though and I like the little heart too.

I've seen the bag in person. It is really nice. The color is GORGEOUS. I was on the other side of the store and it drew me over. A vibrant red with a hint of orange and bright shiny gold hardware. Love the gold heart fob. The SA said that Selena wanted to keep the price manageable for her younger fans. I think SA told me it is less than or it is around $400 but don't quote me. I signed up for the contest. The trip would be nice but I want that bag [emoji173]️

Don't forget they aren't targeting people who think like us. LOL. I asked if people have come in asking about it and they said yes. I think just yesterday a mother brought in her daughter to look at the bag and enter the contest. Yep, it's just a bag for hardcore fans or collectors.
True, it is for fans and collectors. I think it is for a collectors item rather than for actual use. I know a lot of younger people and people who are great fans of hers and none of them would tote a bag with that scribble on the front. One younger cousin in particular is a HUGE fan, but like she said, no one would know that was a signed Selena Gomez bag, they would just think it got scribbled on by a kid. :lol:

Reactions: Satcheldoll
True, it is for fans and collectors. I think it is for a collectors item rather than for actual use. I know a lot of younger people and people who are great fans of hers and none of them would tote a bag with that scribble on the front. One younger cousin in particular is a HUGE fan, but like she said, no one would know that was a signed Selena Gomez bag, they would just think it got scribbled on by a kid. [emoji38]
Apparently the two hump looking things on the end is supposed to be a heart. LOL

Scribble is the perfect word for it. A nice signature on the inside would have been sufficient. Even if I were a collector I wouldn't want her "signature" on the front.

The only rumor I heard is that Macy's is suppose to get her collection mid-Aug. They will get the collection before the retail Coach stores. No information on what the pieces are but they are mostly in the red family and some will be autographed by her (prices are same for autographed vs non-autographed). It's all very vague so don't know how valid this rumor is.

The autographed ones can only be won by entering the sweepstakes's, but my SA told me they will start presales for the bag soon (without the signature)

I have a Kate Spade bag with that kind of closure and I'm thinking it's not ideal. Maybe the color could win me over but it annoys me when a bag just won't open up all the way, you know? Like you're trying to stick your hands in there because you were running late and, of course, just threw stuff in and now you're wading through all the stuff at the bottom but it just wont open all the wayyyy. I'm not sure if anyone had this experience because I know Coach generally doesn't make those types of closures, but it could be a deal breaker. Perhaps they accounted for it and it opens wider than I think.

Reactions: Suzanne B.